Suggest me a download solution

Damn that's a lot of putty work. I don't like it
<

Don't any devices have UI besides the terminal for P2P?

You can get a Asus n13u Router . I am using it since months . It does the job pretty well . You can set it up in under half an hour .

The guide is available under networking .Check it out .

PS - I am a noob at linux too .

#[member='varkey'] - If it is attached a HDD, Keyboard & a display, can be used as a mini comp. ?

So you will consider the device as a computer only if it has a Keyboard, and Display?
<
Most of the servers which run websites like TE, run completely headless ie it just consists of a box with Processor, Motherboard, Memory, HardDisks etc,. So according to you all those servers are not computers?
<

Anyway if you are particular about having a display, you can install a light GUI and use VNC to access it over the network.

then why do u guys say it as a mini comp
<

Because it is a computer. Its just your definition of a computer which is wrong.
<

If it is a computer then it should be able to play media files which are in attached HDD when display is connected
<

btw what exactly is definition of computer ? Even scientific calculator also can be said as computer
<

Now u r really talking like a noob

Read up what was the first computer about and what it usedto do

BTW I have vnc running on my pogo

#Dinjo would like to know more about running vlc on pogo.

Please put up a small guide....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-3

You can get a Asus n13u Router . I am using it since months . It does the job pretty well . You can set it up in under half an hour .

The guide is available under networking .Check it out .

PS - I am a noob at linux too .

I'm on it. Will get back if I ever find the guide
<

#[member='dinjo'] - I am n00b only, ain't no expert
<

Can you tell few more such packages ? I will go through them all & explore the possibilities
<

There are thousands of packages , do you want to go through ? You can check debian and arch Linux repositories

Will check that out. Basically I want to know what Pogoplug can do which Asus RT cannot. Sure, it has a powerful proccy, since I am not going to stream videos, so it doesn't matter to me. So if I know possibilities of Pogoplug, then it will be helpful for me to decide !
<

A powerful processor and more ram will help in every aspect. Not just streaming.

Just imagine a 100GB torrent, power fails in between, and how much time will it take to recheck/rehash the whole torrent on N13U? :p

^got it
<

so what happens in such cases ? do we have to reboot the router manually ? Or it will fix itself & back to downloading ?

Back