Suggest me a download solution

Need not be the case. Some modem + router comes with just one ethernet port as well.

As for the GoFlex Net / Pogoplug it will be the same for your purpose, so just get whichever is available for cheap. I like the Kirkwood based devices ie the Dockstar, GoFlex Net, Pogoplug v2 as it has a much newer Kernel etc.

You can get a Pogoplug P21 for about 2.9k from JR.com through ICC ShopAbroad

is this the same thing at 2.7k on GEB? - http://orders.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ImportHubViewItem&itemid=170798832443

It only says media sharing device. Seller is JR.com

I generally ssh into the box and restart the client in such cases.

Generally the remote client may not open when the bandwidth is maxed out on Box's side (you can still ssh). So its better to check from "Htop" whether torrent client is running or not and then decide to restart.

I ssh sometimes from Terminal Emulator in Android when I feel the class is boring. Just don't forget to change ssh port from default to some other port and also disable root access to ssh. Install Dynamic DNS on box or router, its your wish.

Don't worry if you are out of station it will run fine. See I myself am a good example. My college is 1400Km from home. So I go home after a semester. Meanwhile my Go-flex will do the job for me and I control it from here.

Happy Downloading
<

is this the same thing at 2.7k on GEB? - http://orders.ebay.i...id=170798832443

It only says media sharing device. Seller is JR.com

Yes, its the same. P21. They have now reduced the price from $35 to $30
<

Don't worry if you are out of station it will run fine. See I myself am a good example. My college is 1400Km from home. So I go home after a semester. Meanwhile my Go-flex will do the job for me and I control it from here.

Happy Downloading
<

Same here, I have my GoFlex at home and have it scheduled to download everyday from 2 - 8 AM and its rock stable.
<

Is accessing transmission outside network require anything else to be done apart from using as domain

Is accessing transmission outside network require anything else to be done apart from using as domain

First step would be to setup Dynamic DNS and run the client so that it updates your IP as and when it changes. If you have a router in front of the Pogoplug, you need to setup the necessary port forwards as well.

<

Same here, I have my GoFlex at home and have it scheduled to download everyday from 2 - 8 AM and its rock stable.
<

i have only an old adsl modem with one lan port (no router or wireless in it). no switch, no external hdd. i also do not know anything about linux commands.

what do you suggest i get? will buying a goflex net + external go flex drive be cost effective as opposed to a diy atom pc or pogoplug or cheap netbook?

i dont know if i need to get a switch too.

if i get the goflex, how do i access it from a windows pc? wont the external drive be formatted to ext3 or 4?

the only two concerns i have is price and ease of getting back data or troubleshooting in case the unit fails. since i'm a noob in linux i dont know what samba means. i haven't even tried linux once in so many years of my pc usage. since you guys are expert in this asking for your suggestions.
<

#[member='6pack'] sir its not like inevitable or something. I am a mechanical engineering student and if i am running it fine well you can too.

There is always a first time for everything.

As per the price of HDD well its not in our hands...

Samba is used for file sharing and print services across platforms like from Linux/Unix to windows

To put in simpler words Samba is a Windows Interfaces to Linux for your old adsl modem you will need to get a Ethernet Switch

Guys I am not getting the clear of pogo plug. Is it just like Rasberry Pie ? A mini computer without HDD ?

<

^^ So, if I buy it from here, will I get the same features that are available on your pogoplug? I mean, there are some architecture differences in different models right?

Coz the description does not mention anything about the core/chipset...
<

If you want a torrent downloader that can download torrents by itself, take a look at Belkin PlayMax Router which comes with *apps* (Apple inspired) to do various fucntions by itself. It costs around 6k

Now here's the real kicker: the Torrent Genie app. "Don't wait around for large torrent downloads like movies, music and games," the company said. "The Torrent Genie App lets you continue downloading even if your computer is shut down or asleep. When you come back, your large media files will be fully downloaded and ready to enjoy."

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Wireless-Router-bittorrent-torrent-p2p,10055.html

I did google, but all I keep getting is Pogoplug as cloud storage etc. That's why I posted here.

btw I am not shifting among products, it's between Pogoplug vs Asus RT, more inclined towards at latter.

You already have a router, then why spring for the ASUS? THe pogoplug needs a router to work, but is much better. It has a dual core 700 mhz proccy while the asus has a measly 384MHz MIPS24KEc CPU core.

Back