The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Discussion Thread

Why is my Witcher Dressed like this? :S Is the DLC? @ALPHA17
witcher2201205302323363.jpg

witcher2201205302323558.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't bought/wore or anything till now. I was wearing this from the beginning. Like when we start the game. Although in videos that i watched on youtube today Geralt is wearing different(original) outfit in all of them?

Got it. It's called the Blue Stripes combat jacket or at least that's what it looks like. Check you inventory to see what armour you have on.

As i said it was on from the starting of the game when we first come out of the tent during the prologue flashback.
Dang ! I found it its the Blue stripes combat jacket its a DLC. See:

I'll disable it and then will play. Thanks :)

Ya i was about to post it last night. gog rocks! :D

More than GoG, it is CD PROJECKT RED that is worthy of praise because --
  • they had promised they will not have any DRM bindings on The Witcher 2; unfortunately Namco Bandai put in a CD-key DRM. This was disable with the patch v.1.1, also they have court proceedings going on for the same.
  • affordable pricing in countries like India. The premium Edition of the game retails in India for a palatable ~1499/-; I doubt you will ever see another AAA-title selling at such rates [and definitely not CoD OR Crysis].
  • mass availability and most important for chaps like me an option to download a 'redeem copy' free of cost, courtesy GoG.com.

So overall I will wish the GoG.com family and CD PROJEKT RED team success ahead and may their sword's stay sharp.

Guys the inventory is fully confusing.How to use what?Moreover the tasks are also improperly arranged.
Drop what you won't be using, useless swords> Swords are real heavy 5-8. Drop them. Tasks you can choose bhi pressing j or journal and choose the task that you want to do first. :)
I was like this till yesterday till ALPHA17 helped me out lol.
P.S.- I am about to Complete Iorveths path ie Chapter 2. Sorry yar raha ni gya lol :lol: i'll play rouche's path later.

• they had promised they will not have any DRM bindings on The Witcher 2; unfortunately Namco Bandai put in a CD-key DRM. This was disable with the patch v.1.1, also they have court proceedings going on for the same.
  • affordable pricing in countries like India. The premium Edition of the game retails in India for a palatable ~1499/-; I doubt you will ever see another AAA-title selling at such rates [and definitely not CoD OR Crysis].
  • mass availability and most important for chaps like me an option to download a 'redeem copy' free of cost, courtesy GoG.com.

So overall I will wish the GoG.com family and CD PROJEKT RED team success ahead and may their sword's stay sharp.

More important than that:

- Does have DLCs, but free(as they are meant to be), yes FREE

- Even after such a long time since release, a completely improved version (Enhanced Edition) is free for all who purchased the game originally. If this were COD, this would have been the 4th DLC already.

If this were COD, this would have been the 4th DLC already.

If this was CoD then it would have been the 4th Map Pack [not DLC] and graphics would have been beyond anything this world has experienced.

Geralt walks out of tent... tent catches fire [by way of a fire spell messing up]... dashing across the ramparts of the castle... ballista bolts falling right behind him... dragon shows up... Geralt starts throwing spell after spell on it [and daggers and bombs]... low on ammunition, Triss comes in to help... Gigantic Nuke'ball violá instant Dragon kebab.

And do not get me started on the elven baths scene, 'nuff said.

If this was CoD then it would have been the 4th Map Pack [not DLC] and graphics would have been beyond anything this world has experienced.

Geralt walks out of tent... tent catches fire [by way of a fire spell messing up]... dashing across the ramparts of the castle... ballista bolts falling right behind him... dragon shows up... Geralt starts throwing spell after spell on it [and daggers and bombs]... low on ammunition, Triss comes in to help... Gigantic Nuke'ball violá instant Dragon kebab.

And do not get me started on the elven baths scene, 'nuff said.
Hehe Oh dear...That would have been fun. :lol:

Okay CD PROJECKT RED just raised the bar for how a gaming studio should behave. Riding on the success of strong sales they have released this small impromptu trailer --

I would just like to say "do unto others, as you wish they do unto you". Thank You!!

Agree with all your points, except this one. Portal 2 released last year for a pre-order price of Rs. 700/-. Also, if I remember correctly, Witcher 2 retail copies were actually quite delayed in India. That was the reason why I decided to pre-order on GoG.com instead. But, I have to give them props for all the stuff they included in the retail copies. After seeing all that I even thought about getting a retail copy just for those stuff. In any case, Rs. 1499/- isnt exactly cheap. Gosh, I miss the days when GTA 4 released in India for Rs. 499/-!! Now THAT was a DEAL!! :)

Back