The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Discussion Thread

Enough vacillating on this decision, me thinks I will grab another copy from flipkart.com, if the thing works well Yaay!! Then will download the pesky GoG.com redeem copy. If that works this new edition gets sold.

If not then I will have two copies. Still better than not playing this again!!

By the way tried to install The Witcher last night, dammit that game is also not running on my system [Error 1207 OR such: Administrator right needed to run this software]. Going :mad: Damn you DRM's.

Seems like you have run into a myriad of issues with both these games ALPHA17. Fresh install the OS once. This should probably be the final resort to nail down any software issues.

@ALPHA17 - just curious but how many copies of Witcher and Witcher 2 have you sourced so far? Online and otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
ALPHA17 - just curious but how many copies of Witcher and Witcher 2 have you sourced so far? Online and otherwise.

I have one physical copy of each game Gannu --

1x The Witcher ~1299/-, bought it in mid-2008 after a year the game released, initially regretted purchasing it but the game quickly won me over.
1x The Witcher 2: Premium Edition ~1499/-, bought last July played from August -->October, finished this title 3 times with different endings.

Now GoG.com offers a free "redeem copy" of The Witcher 2 to anyone who bought the first edition of the game, so essentially it is tied into my physical copy [through the CD-key].

Anyway I can assist you, Cheerio!!

Seems like you have run into a myriad of issues with both these games ALPHA17. Fresh install the OS once. This should probably be the final resort to nail down any software issues.

I plan to do just that but, just as an insurance want to buy another physical copy. Father's anger not-withstanding.

Nah was just wondering how many copies could a die-hard fan be sourcing. Glad to know that. :)

I do not plan to take up this game now. I'm done with it and thoroughly enjoyed my playthrough while it lasted. Will look forward for their upcoming new RPG which I suppose isn't Witcher 3.

I do not plan to take up this game now. I'm done with it and thoroughly enjoyed my playthrough while it lasted. Will look forward for their upcoming new RPG which I suppose isn't Witcher 3.

No you're not, @Gannu. Believe me, there's a reason we're asking you to re-visit this game. To complete your experience of the game, you certainly need to go through both the paths. I had to make a tough call, when I completed my first play-through. I wanted more out of it and that's when I went through Iorveth's path and everything finally fell into place. If you aren't attempting any AAA tittles, in the upcoming weeks, I'd probably recommend you go through this again. I can't stress how fruitful it is. The only problem I see is that you might have lost touch with all the events of the game and that could probably negate your decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only problem I see is that you might have lost touch with all the events of the game and that could probably negate your decision.

That being one, not to mention I have to source a copy of the Enhanced Edition. As much as I'd love to revisit the game, I'd instead prefer to complete the backlogs that have piled up.

:(

Found out the issue with The Witcher 1 I have, Tages SA is incompatible with Windows 7, need to have internet.

So for now hitting older titles like Gothic 3 for now.

Okay have been downloading my GoG.com redeem copy of the game, using the default GoG Downloader, get a steady clip of ~120 kB/s <-->140 kB/s. Should be done by tomorrow, lets hope this works fine.

Okay have been downloading my GoG.com redeem copy of the game, using the default GoG Downloader, get a steady clip of ~120 kB/s <-->140 kB/s. Should be done by tomorrow, lets hope this works fine.

ha ha... this is what I was telling you to do since last month :). Anyway, make sure that you have at least 30GB space in your HDD. Even though the final size is only around 15GB, the downloader will be joining the downloaded pieces and at that point of time it needs 30GB of space.

ha ha... this is what I was telling you to do since last month :). Anyway, make sure that you have at least 30GB space in your HDD. Even though the final size is only around 15GB, the downloader will be joining the downloaded pieces and at that point of time it needs 30GB of space.

I did not have internet on my RIG back then, now have purchased a wireless receiver and getting great speeds. Yes I know of that issue already, thanks for all the help, Cheerio!!

This is Zulu 9, GoG DRM copy is all clear, say again all clear!! Payload has been deployed and we are at DEFCON 5! :fighting02:

Roger that Zulu! Have fun at DEFCON 5, we'll have some snacks deployed in a short while. :yes:

BTW GoG is a non-DRM copy. ;)

Which path are you going to play first? Might I suggest going with Roche's path. It has an alternate mission in Chapter 3 (Enhanced Edition special) which is very interesting. Same goes for Iorveth's path, which continues the events of Cynthia, the conniving seductress. :)

Which path are you going to play first? Might I suggest going with Roche's path. It has an alternate mission in Chapter 3 (Enhanced Edition special) which is very interesting. Same goes for Iorveth's path, which continues the events of Cynthia, the conniving seductress.

I would not mind playing both the parts at my own pace . Thanks for the heads up on the STEAM issue too, Agent Hunt. Cheerio!!

Back