The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Discussion Thread

Currently playing TW1, are you doing the replay or going to play it afresh?
I am going sequentially.This would be my first play through.I have never played this game before.
How was it? I am in chapter 2, quite fun despite me having played TW2 before.
Overall It is a good game which still looks beautiful with a good story line. It will become more interesting as you progress.

Last edited:
The controls for this game feel way better with a controller, especially the combat sequences. I tried to map it to Witcher 1 but gave up eventually as nothing seemed to work properly. Witcher 2's combat system is more fluid, but not as dynamic as the first game. You'll have to get used to the UI as the radial menu is quite a change from the side bar in the first game.

I have tried with both keyboard & mouse & a controller (xbox). With controller fighting is difficult. With kb & m the ability selection & some other things becomes difficult.

That's strange. I never had much issues with the controller. The sword strikes are pretty simple and the sign usage too. I don't remember the combat being extremely difficult in this game. Heck, I found going back to Witcher 1 after playing this game was a massive pain in terms of controls. The timed strikes, the styles shifts, signs allocation felts really awkward with mouse and keyboard.

Bah, I guess I'm too much of a controller addict that I might have ignored that aspect.

Anyways played for few mins. I would recommend anybody who has never played any of its previous games & is going to start the wither wild hunt first (due to the hype) should play its other parts first to understand the story properly.
The witcher 2 story If I am not mistaken starts from where the witcher ends.
And yes here also the game is crashing like the first one.:mad:

Last edited:
Started playing this game. Its much harder than DA. Didn't play TW1.

Also, this is game is very graphic intensive. Cant get it run in full settings in my config of AMD FX8350, GTX 770 and 8gb ram. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Also, this is game is very graphic intensive. Cant get it run in full settings in my config of AMD FX8350, GTX 770 and 8gb ram. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

See if you have Ubersampling (? not sure of exact name) set to ON. It is the most demanding setting. Turn that OFF and you should have smooth experience.

Alright the crash fix seems to be working & got used to the controls(I opted for the controller with this one). The fighting has been improved in this game & yes it looks beautiful too however at some places the bloom effects are too much.

The witcher 2 story If I am not mistaken starts from where the witcher ends.
You're correct.

If someone is into RPGs and likes to know background story etc then one shouldn't play this game without ending TW1 first.

@killmastern3: Do what prettt said. You can max out that game easily on 900p and run it comfortably at 1080p as well with GTX 770 but you would have to turn ubersampling off, it's very taxing on the system.

Back