TES V: Skyrim - Discussion Thread

Finally! After almost 4 months of playing this game on and off, completed it tonight. Clocked around 72 hours and was at level 41 when the game ended. Good game. Definitely very detailed and well laid out, but had it's flaws too. GOTY? Not for me. I feel there was something missing. But I'll always remember the "Dragonborn" main theme. It's just so EPIC, that you really feel like a Dragon Slayer.
<

Finally! After almost 4 months of playing this game on and off, completed it tonight. Clocked around 72 hours and was at level 41 when the game ended. Good game. Definitely very detailed and well laid out, but had it's flaws too. GOTY? Not for me. I feel there was something missing. But I'll always remember the "Dragonborn" main theme. It's just so EPIC, that you really feel like a Dragon Slayer.
happy55.gif

Congratulations Sire, though honestly all things told the tracks of Skyrim remind me of a lesser known game --> Gothic 3. This was the first RPG I had delved into, the studio has fallen on hard times and its talents have gone into games like Risen and Risen 2.

Thanks man. It was a very long game. To be honest, it had crossed the threshold of my average gaming hours. Started out great, but the monotonous nature just killed the steam.
<

happy55.gif

WTF

its been 64 hrs over a span of 5 months

still stuck at level 42...

and i feel that i played only half the game...

4 cities still unexplored...

yet to join stoarmcloaks/imperial ...deliberately delaying the main quest..

its been 1.5 months since i last played skyrim...

Well, I managed to completed all the faction quests and a good amount of side quests too. The misc quest log was completely choked up. Then there were some radiant quests which I never bothered to touch. So yes, I wouldn't say complete as in managed to end everything, but the most important quests.

So yes, I wouldn't say complete as in managed to end everything, but the most important quests.

How many shouts did you manage to learn towards the end of the game? How many dragon priest masks did you collect?

Crossing Level 50 spawns the Ancient Dragon which is a LOT harder than the usual ones.

I think I managed to gather 6-7 shouts and managed to kill 2 Dragon Priests. I was aiming at reaching level 50, but didn't have enough motivation to reach that point.
<

I can understand. Leveling up after reaching 40 becomes way harder than it used to be. Anyway, glad that you liked the game finally and I suppose that is what counts after all the hours put in. For me, Skyrim shall remain THE best RPG I've played till date and it holds a special place in my heart. It was a terrific experience!

I am eagerly looking forward for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, the remake of the original Baldur's Gate and its expansion - considered to be one of the greatest RPGs of all time.
happy55.gif

I have completed the game.almost finished every side mission.i am at level 74.Now i just only roam around.been playing it from last year.

I can understand. Leveling up after reaching 40 becomes way harder than it used to be. Anyway, glad that you liked the game finally and I suppose that is what counts after all the hours put in. For me, Skyrim shall remain THE best RPG I've played till date and it holds a special place in my heart. It was a terrific experience!

I am eagerly looking forward for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, the remake of the original Baldur's Gate and its expansion - considered to be one of the greatest RPGs of all time.
happy55.gif

If you havnt played dragon age origins, its worth a shot , also it is quite similar to baldurs gate.

Yep Dragon Age Origins and Awakening is queued up in my backlogs. Will take it up some time.

origins and awakening both are pretty fantastic rpg's to be honest,though you may feel origin to be a bit outdated.

Awakening had a fantastic story and good,well rounded[in more ways than one] characters and i personally found the battle controls a lot more fun.bioware really nails its rpg's.

Repetitive indeed... aside from the main quest, there really arent that many interesting things to do... reading and figuring the lore of Skyrim is great, but that doesnt contribute to gaming experience or levelling up, so you can do only so much. So yeah, my take is that it becomes slightly rudimentary from an "Action-RPG" perspective... despite the amazing combination of things that can be done...

Mass Effect is so much more... (no flame wars intended
<
)

Back