TES V: Skyrim - Discussion Thread

its 1 gb but I saw many guys facing this issue. There is also a mod fix I think. If anybody knows that soilution then lease explain it in short here.:D

The Skyrim Special Edition has been added in the Steam library for those who own the Legendary Edition or Skyrim with the 3 DLCs. It's time for the Dragonborn to make a return!

Yeah but if you mod it then achievements wont unlock... Sad bethesda
And only little visuals are improved and all characters faces looks the same no change there...

There are quite a few big changes. There is mod to enable achievements. I don't care about them so I didn't get it, but it's quite easy to install and works fine.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/245/?

There are big performance improvements. It now runs on a 64 bit engine and can take advantage of much more RAM. Previously a big mod list and ENB would slow it down to sub 30 fps even with good hardware. Now with Vivid Weathers, Flora Overhaul, follower textures I am getting 130+ outdoors and 200+ indoors. The new mods can be much more complex and graphically demanding without the engine running out of memory. Just wait until SKSE is ported.

Yeah i saw that mod to re-enable achievements.
Do you need a mod manager to instal the mods from Nexusmods? cause last time i played i manually unpacked it and stored it in Data folder and it worked like a charm... but, this time it didnt work like previous.

I am not sure if it is mandatory or not, but yes I use the Nexus Mod Manager. It is easier to manage, activate, deactivate and update mods from there.

Even without ENBs it looks pretty good.

O96rxs0.jpg

Screenshots? There are some ENBs out already for SE, will give them a try when I get some time.
Go to skyrim nexus it's a modding website and download the top 20 mods.you will laugh at Special edition.It's not just about enb

Srim SS did not improve textures,meshes,densitiy,models etc.its just high def HUD and smoothen out scenes.

Even bugs known 6 years ago are still there.

I had a mod list over 60 with vanilla Skyrim, I know how they looked with all mods. Yes, they left all the bugs inside, didn't touch the game content. However, the move to a 64 bit engine and Directx 11 support are big improvements. The mods will come, they are already coming. The big ones which don't need SKSE are already being ported very fast. When SKSE comes out it will quickly surpass vanilla Skyrim.

I had a mod list over 60 with vanilla Skyrim, I know how they looked with all mods. Yes, they left all the bugs inside, didn't touch the game content. However, the move to a 64 bit engine and Directx 11 support are big improvements. The mods will come, they are already coming. The big ones which don't need SKSE are already being ported very fast. When SKSE comes out it will quickly surpass vanilla Skyrim.
yup,but it will still take 3-6 months before it can surpass skyrim

It was a simultaneous console release so Bethesda can't exactly go overboard with the effects. So yea it won't look as good as modded Skyrim... for now.
But just give it time and it should surpass the standard edition. Just the move to 64-bit architecture is huge, now people can run a silly amount of mods without having to carefully manage the load order.

I don't get the hate, they gave it to us PC users for free. And keeping the effects somewhat tame allowed them to resell the same game to console users.
Win-Win-Win for everyone.

Also for someone like me who has never played the game, it gives a nice base to start with without having to install 10 mods just to get it to not look like crap.

Yeah it will work on 64bit smoothly but, most of the textures looks the same... I dont know but in this SE if my screensaver gets activated then to regain or get back to game takes 2-4 mins... :shifty: which never happened in Skyrim with around 10 mods previously.. but as you said since, its for free cripping about it is waste.

Back