TES V: Skyrim - Discussion Thread

Skyrim’s DLC slate has ended as Bethesda moves on to “next adventure”

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim’s DLC run has officially ended, developer Bethesda has confirmed. The team will still provide updates to improve stability moving forward, but now it’s all hands on deck for the studio’s next game.

Bethesda made the announcement in a new blog post which was brought to our attention by Kotaku. Thanks guys.

The post reads, “For the last year and a half we’ve been working on new content for Skyrim; from the game updates, Creation Kit, Steam Workshop, Kinect support, to DLCs.

“Parts of our team have also been in pre-production on our next major project, and that game is at the point where it requires the studio’s full attention to make it our biggest and best work yet.
“Even though we’re moving on, we’ll still have minor updates to Skyrim as needed. We’ve invested so much of ourselves into Skyrim and will never truly say goodbye to it.”

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/15/skyrims-dlc-slate-has-ended-as-bethesda-moves-on-to-next-adventure/

aaahhhh whatt an awesome journey it has been in Tamriel's Skyrim continent/country/province. Started on 21st February, dunked 150 hours into the game (2 months is all that I could afford), reached level 37 (only!).

I did the thief guild quest, dark brotherhood quest, and some of the companion and mage's guild quests. Worked as a stormcloak and screwed all the imperials that I could see. I played the game heavily modded with enb lighting, sky UI and many more. It was pure awesomeness. A the end of 2 months of playing like 30 hours every week, I had to move on. So completed the main quest in 2 days and wrapped it all up.

And, boy, was I disappointed with the main quest..... lol..... I mean even dark brotherhood quest story was better than the main quest. But as they say, this is a game not played for its story but for the experience it offers you in terms of exploration. I could not walk 100 meters in game without finding something new.... What an expansive game....

Anyways, enough of skyrim..... now onto fallout 3.... yeah yeah yeah.... havent played it yet... sue me... :p

600+ hours OMG:woot:
what level you are at???
with that much time put into the game , think you must have made your skills legendary quite a number of time ryt??
you still find quests to do or just explore?

I was tinkering about with some ENB's, and while they make the game look superb my frame rate took a huge hit. So I am just happy with the map and inventory mods.

I'm still playing this too. There's a new mod called Falkskaar and it's truly epic. It's pretty much like an unofficial DLC, complete with full voice acting and its own OST. It's Bethesda scale.

Really impressive considering that the modder is just 19 yrs old

I recommend checking it out if you're still playing. It's available freely on the nexus.

I've recently started out on a fresh character in a heavily modded version. Thinking about starting with Falkskaar.

Falkskaar is that mod made by that teenager dude init? I've heard good things about it. Some went on to say that he should be recruited by Beth. :p

Falkskaar is that mod made by that teenager dude init? I've heard good things about it. Some went on to say that he should be recruited
by Beth. :p

Actually the guy made it clear that he did this to get beth's attention and that he wants to work there.

Seems like a little too much work for getting a job though :p

There's even a trailer-

i recently installed the legendary edition, it has all the DLCs but i kind of cannot initiate the DLC quests.
i tried enabling the data files option in the skyrim launcher(this is done by adding a line in the skyrimpref.ini file) and checked the files for the DLCs, but the game crashes after the loading screen.when i delete the extra line i added the game runs just fine. for this reason i m not able to add any mods too :(.
Has anyone faced this issue??? is there a workaround for this ???

i recently installed the legendary edition, it has all the DLCs but i kind of cannot initiate the DLC quests.
i tried enabling the data files option in the skyrim launcher(this is done by adding a line in the skyrimpref.ini file) and checked the files for the DLCs, but the game crashes after the loading screen.when i delete the extra line i added the game runs just fine. for this reason i m not able to add any mods too :(.
Has anyone faced this issue??? is there a workaround for this ???

Did you try installing any mods ? Try to get a clean installation folder and delete your config files also(don't forget to back your saves). You can use steam to verify your installation files

I don't know of a fix but here's a possible workaround for you-
1) Install nexus mod manager
2) Select the DLC esm/esp files from the list
3) See if it works now

Back