TES V: Skyrim - Discussion Thread

Infected

Skilled
Jun 26, 2008
www.ivysuites.in
^Get the Daedric armor now. Kicks Dragon armor in the rear.
<

Yeah I know...but I have harvested all the ebony already from the mines, waiting for a month or a month and a half for them to replenish themselves...

will check the Game Date later when I start the game, but really tired today had a long day at the office. My head feels numb right now.

Also, Gannu baba, which faction quest to start? any suggestions....

Grease Monk

Intertoob Ninja & Hamster Hunter Extraordinaire
Adept
May 21, 2005
Chennai
What's the most consistent source of Daedra hearts? I just buy it from any merchant I see selling them, but they are few and far between.

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Yeah I know...but I have harvested all the ebony already from the mines, waiting for a month or a month and a half for them to replenish themselves...

will check the Game Date later when I start the game, but really tired today had a long day at the office. My head feels numb right now.

Also, Gannu baba, which faction quest to start? any suggestions....

Hey ebony can always be purchased from the blacksmiths. One particular guy who owns a smith at Shor's Stone (far east of the map) can trade with Ebony ore and ingots. Moreover there's a smelter near his home and you can find 3 ebony ores appearing adjacent to it. Constantly replenishes itself.

As for faction quest, I started randomly and completed them. No special recommendations here. But I'd say complete all the Daedric quests! They reward you very well.
<

What's the most consistent source of Daedra hearts? I just buy it from any merchant I see selling them, but they are few and far between.

The best source has to be the Dremoras located at the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon. The dremoras could be killed and looted for the Daedric hearts. Some mages also stock them but I don't recall which of them do.

Infected

Skilled
Jun 26, 2008
www.ivysuites.in
Hey ebony can always be purchased from the blacksmiths. One particular guy who owns a smith at Shor's Stone (far east of the map) can trade with Ebony ore and ingots. Moreover there's a smelter near his home and you can find 3 ebony ores appearing adjacent to it. Constantly replenishes itself.

As for faction quest, I started randomly and completed them. No special recommendations here. But I'd say complete all the Daedric quests! They reward you very well.
<

The best source has to be the Dremoras located at the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon. The dremoras could be killed and looted for the Daedric hearts. Some mages also stock them but I don't recall which of them do.

Thank you.

I got no time yesterday to play, will do so today for sure...

btw my help so far has been:

IMG_3512.jpg

....thats got like 700 pages!!!

PS. I got those hearts from a guy in the college in Winterhold.

Infected

Skilled
Jun 26, 2008
www.ivysuites.in
Any tips for smithing? I haven't even touched smithing yet.
<

Thats the first Skill I maxed out, went and raided all the mines I found for iron and Steel and started leveling up.

Once you raid about 4-5 good iron mines you and smith them to daggers you should be atleast at level 50. straight, well it took me 3 days of gaming to get to level 100 I must add that.
<
...but was fun. Now can craft any armour,,,

Next up is enchanting, to enchant those weapons I craft
<
I have some enchantments but most are for magic and stamina have found some for health or damage so much, which is what I am looking for.

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
The easiest way to improve any specific weaponry-related skill (for instance heavy weapon) is to use them extensively in combat. And for armor, wear the specific armor (light/heavy) and have them worn by getting beaten up by the enemy AI with constant healing to recover the lost health. For instance, during the early levels the bear can be approached. The bear would strike you causing the armor levels to improve. Later this would become slower so approach a slightly better enemy like the frost troll. During the later stages, the dremoras and dragons could be good. But be sure to stock up on health potions to replenish the lost health. To improve block, use the block often against the enemies when they strike.

krugur

Gaming Freak
Skilled
Apr 27, 2010
Bangalore
Or get some gud armor and let a skeleton pound on you while u do other jobs. Just alt-tab every 5 mins or so to replenish my health. Poor guys doesnt know i am using him, trying to pound me to death.

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
Can I ask you to skip the Civil War questline to avoid a possible bug later? I experienced one.

A meeting is called by the Greybeards of High Hrothgar later so as to summon one of Alduin's dragons but this may go into a complete toss if you become a member of one of the factions. The meeting will not be called and you will fight to conquer the remaining territories which is a mere waste of time since you'd be doing nothing but clearing out an entire city be battling the soldiers.

I just completed the Civil War quest and have barely even touched the main quest. Will this have a drastic ramification on the main storyline?

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
I just completed the Civil War quest and have barely even touched the main quest. Will this have a drastic ramification on the main storyline?

Depends. It may just turn out to be buggy and nothing major otherwise. Heck Skyrim is full of bugs despite the patches Bethesda seems to churn out every now and then.

Whom did you side with in the Civil War anyway?

Ecstasy

Disciple
Jan 21, 2009
I completed almost all the quests... try to do the side quests and those faction quests first and then in the end do the civil war quests to avoid bug.

I did the same mistake and I had to roll back to old save and lost 8-10 hours of gameplay.

Ecstasy

Disciple
Jan 21, 2009
And, also try to make a fresh save each time you go for a new quest so that you avoid such situations. That's what I did after that incident lol.

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Imperial Legion.
<

Damn it! Prepare for the worst and keep your saves intact. I was with them and then had to forego 3~4 hours of playthrough!

Besides, I hope you guys are aware of the space the save files occupy. Mine went on to some 10+ GB alone for the saves! Had to delete the older ones. I have this bad habit of quick saving every now and then.
<

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
Damn it! Prepare for the worst and keep your saves intact. I was with them and then had to forego 3~4 hours of playthrough!

Besides, I hope you guys are aware of the space the save files occupy. Mine went on to some 10+ GB alone for the saves! Had to delete the older ones. I have this bad habit of quick saving every now and then.
<

You're kidding me right? I have the save file, but I'm not willing to restart all over again. Can you tell me exactly what happens because of this quest? Is it justified consequence or just a bug?

Ecstasy

Disciple
Jan 21, 2009
@Ethan- Consequence is bad. I noticed stormclocks headquarters is not there in the map. You can't teleport there and if you hike and go... you would notice that the town is on fire and its on war mode but nothing is really happening.

So, conclusion is that its a very bad bug!!
<