TES V: Skyrim - Discussion Thread

Don't worry. There are possibly many who share your views, including yours truly.
<

Oi Guys. Is Oblivion Necessary to play Skyrim I mean are the stories related? I saw some videos. Dragon Fighting etc etc were like Great.

P.S- Please Tag me before replying never been to this thread before so...

Oi Guys. Is Oblivion Necessary to play Skyrim I mean are the stories related? I saw some videos. Dragon Fighting etc etc were like Great.

#[member='Altair'], no it is not necessary, the stories are completely unrelated and there is just one over-lapping point / terminology, the existence of Elder Scrolls, the all powerful artefact that can change the flow and fates of mortals that come into contact with the same.

The only advantage of playing Oblivion will be it will be easier to comprehend the idioms and customs, also it will not come as a shock to see Cat like humanoids roaming the country side.

Hope you enjoy your travels in Skyrim, Dovah!! May victory follow your footsteps, Cheers!!

No if you dont like histories.Characters have some relations.Story not much.Imperials play a significant role in the previous one.

Okay i have just played 2 RPG's Till date. Dragon age series(all ended) and Mass Effect(on 2nd) also old deus ex but didn't found it much of a rpg. Also i don't have no problem playing long huge games. Currently reading about the two games. They are Huge! So if Oblivion is worth playing(?), i can play that too. If its not then will start with Skyrim cause i really liked its gameplay. wait will see how oblivion is then post back.

Okay i have just played 2 RPG's Till date. Dragon age series(all ended) and Mass Effect(on 2nd) also old deus ex but didn't found it much of a rpg. Also i don't have no problem playing long huge games. Currently reading about the two games. They are Huge! So if Oblivion is worth playing(?), i can play that too. If its not then will start with Skyrim cause i really liked its gameplay. wait will see how oblivion is then post back.

Skyrim is worth every penny (rather hour spent playing)....A really big world with a lot to experiment and lot to explore...

A tip though "Do not level up your Blacksmithing, enchanting and stealth to 100 at the very beginning of the game, or else the joy of discovery and thrill of exploring to find better weapons and armors will be lost"...

Dovahkin, let the maker watch over your journey....
<

#[member='Altair']

If it is RPG's you are after, I suggest that you give The Witcher series a shot, they are a lot more better than Skyrim in holding your interest. The problem with uber-large RPG's on the line of Skyrim are after a time, the story just drags this is the reason I stopped playing the same.

Enjoy your quests, Sire. Cheers!!

Skyrim is worth every penny (rather hour spent playing)....A really big world with a lot to experiment and lot to explore...

A tip though "Do not level up your Blacksmithing, enchanting and stealth to 100 at the very beginning of the game, or else the joy of discovery and thrill of exploring to find better weapons and armors will be lost"...

Dovahkin, let the maker watch over your journey....
happy19.gif

How can i do that. If you mean by cheats well that will spoil that total fun of it so i won't do that obviously.

#[member='Altair']

If it is RPG's you are after, I suggest that you give The Witcher series a shot, they are a lot more better than Skyrim in holding your interest. The problem with uber-large RPG's on the line of Skyrim are after a time, the story just drags this is the reason I stopped playing the same.

Enjoy your quests, Sire. Cheers!!

Oh forgot to mention I have played and ended Witcher 1, Last year. The game was ok. Never played Witcher 2. I know its a good game. But forgot about it. Will give that too a shot but i am just amused by skyrim graphics and gameplay. I'll give skyrim a shot. If i get bored(normally i don't) i'll give witcher 2 a try then.

How can i do that. If you mean by cheats well that will spoil that total fun of it so i won't do that obviously.

Oh forgot to mention I have played and ended Witcher 1, Last year. The game was ok. Never played Witcher 2. I know its a good game. But forgot about it. Will give that too a shot but i am just amused by skyrim graphics and gameplay. I'll give skyrim a shot. If i get bored(normally i don't) i'll give witcher 2 a try then.

you can create a loop of creating weapon, armors selling them, buying materials and again selling them and thus increasing your skills....

Okay. thanks for this. I'm going for skyrim then. Saw a couple of vids found it interesting, very much. Thanks guys.

Also one last question. How much would you rate the storyline? 1-10. ?

I am eagerly looking forward for the upcoming DLC! All the more reason to get back into the game.
<

Couldn't put it any better! After spending close to 105 hours with the game, and having attempted 95% of the quests, this remains one of the best RPGs I've played till date. I'd say sideline the main quest for a while and complete the rest of them. They tend to be more interesting and rewarding than the main quest itself. In any case, the main quest can be completed in less than 25 hours with minimal level up.

I am eagerly looking forward for the upcoming DLC! All the more reason to get back into the game.
happy55.gif

Couldn't put it any better! After spending close to 105 hours with the game, and having attempted 95% of the quests, this remains one of the best RPGs I've played till date. I'd say sideline the main quest for a while and complete the rest of them. They tend to be more interesting and rewarding than the main quest itself. In any case, the main quest can be completed in less than 25 hours with minimal level up.

Actually i suck at RPG's. Mass Effect is the only game in which i never got lost. It took me quite a while to finish Dragon Age Origins, Awakening was short and DA2 also. Witcher too was long for me. Nevertheless i enjoyed all the RPG's. But nothing went 100 Hours. If this one goes 100 Hours then I'm On it! Never played Such a Huge game.
<

Okay. thanks for this. I'm going for skyrim then. Saw a couple of vids found it interesting, very much. Thanks guys.

Also one last question. How much would you rate the storyline? 1-10. ?

Main quest storyline I will rate at 8.5...

Some side quests also have amazing story behind it....

Oblivion is a mammoth excluding the dlcs.But if you are going for the dlcs also like Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isle then you are gone for couple of months.If you really want to enjoy skyrim then yes go for oblivion.It will help you understand many things from skyrim. Honestly i feel oblivion had better opening and less complex menu system than skyrim.But beware oblivion does gets repetitive towards the end closing oblivion gates all the time sometime will irritate you.But nevertheless its fun.Yu should not play these titles continuously then you wont get bored.

Oblivion is a mammoth excluding the dlcs.But if you are going for the dlcs also like Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isle then you are gone for couple of months.If you really want to enjoy skyrim then yes go for oblivion.It will help you understand many things from skyrim. Honestly i feel oblivion had better opening and less complex menu system than skyrim.But beware oblivion does gets repetitive towards the end closing oblivion gates all the time sometime will irritate you.But nevertheless its fun.Yu should not play these titles continuously then you wont get bored.

I still haven't seen any gameplay videos of Oblivion. If i like it. i'll start with it. Also, I play one game at a time. No side-by-side. I'll try to play these two one by one and not with any other game. If i do get bored then i still have many other games to complete i'll go side-by-side then.

LOL! Witcher might just be fraction of Skyrim, a very small one at that. If you're ready to keep enhancing your skills, pick up random quests, join various factions, explore, then this game is your baby.

Arey actually i meant I play RPG's quite slow wrt to the other games. Exploring and stuff. I will give go with skyrim once my Mass Effect 2 is over.
<
Then Will start with ME3.
<

Skyrim isn't a game which desires completion. It's like a never ending fantasy world, where you can always find something to do. I played this over a period of 4 months before finally getting tired and ending my journey. So you can take your time and decide when you want to give it a rest. I have friends who still keep playing Fallout 3 and I just don't seem to understand what they keep doing in it.
<

So your pace would hardly matter. Just try and enjoy the game.
<

Back