Team Fortress 2 - F2P?

Re: Team Fortress 2 - Free to Play ?

sumonpathak said:
anybody got a 9GB update?

also..if restore a old backup..will i lose my achievements?

Achievements and progress is stored on cloud.. i don't think you can lose that.

@sumonpathak You won't lose achievements even if you completely uninstall the game. It's all stored on the cloud.

You don't need any special maps or servers to idle. Just load TF2 and start any random map, even developer commentary mode will do.
Although the best way to idle is textmode (google).

Also you don't need to die to find items. If that were true, good players who rarely die would be finding lesser items than those who die a lot :p.
Just because you get the new item notification upon death, people have started correlating the two.

I think that the more people die, the more active a server is considered to be. It's not just your own death that matters. Hence it's best to idle on an idle server, or do private idling.

Also if you idle on a normal server you'll fill up as slot, annoy a lot of people and get kicked out :p.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Death doesn't matter, period :). Nor does the number of players in a server.

These so called idle servers is large scale idiocy that has perpetrated the TF2 community.
Server hosts are spending precious money and bandwidth to host these servers for other people to literally stand around and do nothing :p.
Try this when the item drops reset today:
Start TF2 > create your own server with any random map and 0 bots/players > join spectator mode > let TF2 run for hours.

After 6 hours type "kill" in the console, you will get 7-8 items at once.
As I said, death only triggers the notification, you are still finding items in the background.
It doesn't matter whether the server is empty. It doesn't matter whether you even join a team.
The only thing that matters is you have a map loaded and are connected to the Internet.

saumilsingh said:

These so called idle servers is large scale idiocy that has perpetrated the TF2 community.

Server hosts are spending precious money and bandwidth to host these servers for other people to literally stand around and do nothing :p.

Start TF2 > create your own server with any random map and 0 bots/players > join spectator mode > let TF2 run for hours.

As I said, death only triggers the notification, you are still finding items in the background.

It doesn't matter whether the server is empty. It doesn't matter whether you even join a team.

The only thing that matters is you have a map loaded and are connected to the Internet.

I have never idled but I would ask the person who does to minimize his TF2 if he is going to leave it running for hours. It consumes way less resources that way since it becomes a background task. I remember reading about someone who burnt his graphics card after idling for 10-15 hours. Can't seem to find the article link but no point risking it right?

Does mouse really matter while playing tf2?i am using a 4 year old microsoft mouse.will a gaming grade mouse improve gameplay significantly?

saumilsingh said:

So if my internet disonnects suddenly, the map will still be running right? After my internet reconnects will the idle process resume?

got a 158mb update. It's nearly done. had got a 600 mb once and it finished in 10 mins lol. it's usually 35 mb updates displayed by steam incorrectly.

Hey guys, our TF2 server is up and running. Please take a look and give feedback and suggestions :)

IP - 202.52.153.40:27015

Server Name - Indian HOD Vanilla Server

How to text-mode idle

1. Right click on your desktop and create a new shortcut.

2. Type in "X:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 440 -textmode -nosound -window -nopreload -novid -dxlevel 81 +map "achievement_idle"

3. Save your file.

4. Open the file.

TF2 in textmode. Should have the map achievement_idle for this. Lowest memory usage on that

systembuilder said:
Hey guys, our TF2 server is up and running. Please take a look and give feedback and suggestions :)

IP - 202.52.153.40:27015

Server Name - Indian HOD Vanilla Server

BSNL Kolkata :(

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]

Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\System32>ping 202.52.153.40 -t

Pinging 202.52.153.40 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 202.52.153.40: bytes=32 time=351ms TTL=118

Reply from 202.52.153.40: bytes=32 time=350ms TTL=118

Reply from 202.52.153.40: bytes=32 time=350ms TTL=119

Reply from 202.52.153.40: bytes=32 time=350ms TTL=119

Ping statistics for 202.52.153.40:

Packets: Sent = 7, Received = 7, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 350ms, Maximum = 351ms, Average = 350ms

Control-C

^C

C:\Windows\System32>

systembuilder said:
^^ @ sumonpathak : i can disable stats ... if that what you want !

naah...jut keep an eye on people idling for achievement farming...

Back