Team Fortress 2 - F2P?

Re: Team Fortress 2 - Free to Play ?

kvikram said:
So if my internet disonnects suddenly, the map will still be running right? After my internet reconnects will the idle process resume?
If your Internet disconnects then as far as Steam is concerned you aren't playing TF2 and won't get any items.
Also it will kick you back to the main menu after a minute or so.

Just use the textmode method mentioned earlier in this thread. It's the best way to idle.

God I MISS TEAM FORTRESS 2 SOOOOOO MUCH.

When I go back home I'll download the files for dedicated server.

We can play TF2 over LAN right?

comp@ddict said:
God I MISS TEAM FORTRESS 2 SOOOOOO MUCH.

When I go back home I'll download the files for dedicated server.

We can play TF2 over LAN right?

TF2 is free to play, you can download the game and play with ur friends at any Free to play (there are many) server !

systembuilder said:
TF2 is free to play, you can download the game and play with ur friends at any Free to play (there are many) server !

LOL I know that I started this thread have a look!!

Okay gys, from Hyderabad, BSNL connection, will I get good pings at any Indian Server? If so please list.

And yeah, I'm talking about LAN, or over WLAN. Is it possible?

I too want to know if this would work over LAN.

Need to arrange a LAN party and i want to include this game..

Please help

The respawn times are not fixed to a specific number. If set to default then respawns occur in waves, which will lead to a bunch of your teammates spawning with you regardless of their death time. Enough research has been done by Valve to keep the spawning such that the game feels balanced for both the teams on such a variety of maps/gamemodes. The respawn time is a part of the overall gaming experience.
I had read this somewhere in a blog/developer interview.

There are enough servers for the no-respawn fans too.

^ This.

Anyone who wants faster respawns has no idea about TF2 balance and just wants to play team deathmatch by racking up kills with no regard for completing objectives.

With fast respawn times, you not only effectively remove the penalty for dying but are actually rewarding the dying player by restoring him to full hp instantly.

Blu is capturing the final point, Reds have longer respawn times but respawn like 10 feet from the cap point.
Blu kills Red, Red shrugs it off as he's teleported said 10 feet back with full health and ammo, ready to finish off the Blu player who killed him. This Blu player is teleported all the way back to their base.

See anything wrong with the picture?
Multiply it by 12 and you will always have a group of fully healed Red players at the final CP killing any of whom has literally no effect to weaken their defenses for even the shortest period of time.

And it's not just instaspawn, even fast respawn screws with this fine balance.

I don't like insta-spawn, but you have to agree 20-22 sec respawn was ridiculous. That too on 2fort.

@ sumonpathak get the orange box for 700 bucks, else get someone to gift you one via steam.

@ saumil, buddy, i hate instaspawn too, but as Amandeep said, 20 second respawn is too long... unless you had the misfortune of being a CnD spy with YER, and had spent the last 20 minutes trying to sneak into position..... then the respawn should be at least OVER 9000, so that you can contemplate over what you had done wrong. also, medics who did not deploy uber, pyros not using airblast, camping snipers and mother-hen engies ruling over their sentry nests and neglecting to build teles.

imho, 15 seconds is enough in just about any scenario... 5 secs to see your killer and the rest of the time to have a look at the action in the map.
i usually leave if the servers have more than 20 second respawn, coz i have played too many payload maps where blu won coz red were still respawning.

i think respawn should be shorter if cart is moving closer to the base, but if the cart is stationary near point, default respawn time should be used.

Back