Team Fortress 2 - F2P?

Re: Team Fortress 2 - Free to Play ?

comp@ddict said:
Buy the game during a sale, using credit card. Or buy any in-game item to upgrade to premium.

moi dont have CC...thats the problem:p

i only play tf2 online....so was hoping if someone can put some money on my steam wallet...i would transfer it via NEFT:p

No official map uses respawn times longer than 10 seconds (+2-3 for killcam). Which is perfect.
It sometimes seems longer because respawns occur in waves, so in a 12v12 some players in a team might have to wait upto 20 seconds if one team managed to wipe out more than 6 players of the other team in less than 5 seconds.

This is supposed to be a reward for that team for taking out a large chunk of the enemy team in 1 swift blow via ubercharges or a good offense.
It also serves the double purpose of increasing the threat value of a good ubercharge.

Ubercharges hold little meaning or threat if after killing 6 or more players of the other team merely returns them back to life in 5 seconds with you stuck on their side of the map like a sitting duck.

This effect is magnified in poorly designed maps like 2fort where majority action takes place very close to the respawn location and players are dying more frequently.
But there's no proper way to play that useless map except to not play it at all heh ;).
Servers could counter spawn waves (why they even want to do that is the root of all problems) by using a custom spawn timer but that reduces the respawn times to 5 seconds which is just as bad as instaspawn.
So really, the best way to play TF2 is with default spawn times and to avoid 2fort like the plague.

2fort is kind of the trademark map for TF2 (it comes up in the menu, and is featured in Meet the Spy video) but it's also the map that sucks most ;).

You can play 2fort if you just wanna have some fun and don't care about your team or the objective.

Guys, is there ANY INDIAN server where there are active players?

Do you guys play at night in some server? I can't play at Starhub anymore. BSNL rocks!

Also, is there a direct download for the 2GB of TF2 server hosting files? I would like to host a server myself.

Gametracker.com lists the servers for many games including tf2 and you can browse them according to country. I think there is only two servers right now :(. One of them is the evoxtrm.com server

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

add me on steam...will invite ya....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sumonpathak

both VS and EVO are now non steam servers....have to play with stock items only.....any other servers guys???

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

someone should host a TE server.....

Any one Knows what happened to the Indian servers ,i can't play team fortress any more without lagg on foreign servers.

joel.monty said:
Any one Knows what happened to the Indian servers ,i can't play team fortress any more without lagg on foreign servers.

seems like the 1.6 noobs went back to play 1.6, and less people now.

played on a new "timepass"{thats the name} test server...

lost connection after some while...

I'm excited about this update too! Hope "Meet the Pyro" is as awesome as the rest of the series. Also hope to find out what the silly item drops will craft into.

Back