TATA docomo going to launch 3G this diwali

Re: TATA docommo going to launch 3G this diwali

Used SYMTorrent on modile and managed to get speeds of around 60KBps in Nagpur.

almost nil network of docomo in the house, this was done in the balcony with full network.

Sad part is that their network reach is still pathetic.

Getting 45-50 kbps download speed from nokia N73(384kbps 3g limit :().

Just now spoke to a docomo rep,the unlimited usage for one week is limited to 100mb:(

One of the reps said that i need to do a FRC for 3G activation.
I think that's ridiculous cos am able to connect to internet through 3G and browse

It shows 3.5G on the network bar!

And dont believe on a single rep, call few more times and clarify!

^^yea. I need an answer on that as well.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Just called the CC and he said we are not aware of any information on 3G. It will launched tomorrow :| I was like wtf te has got a review and they said its not working :|

smnrock said:
100mb in 3.5g??? So no one can beat bsnl :p

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk
The 100 mb is the FREE promotional offer for a period of one week ,its not a regular plan which will be released in one or two days.Any docomo user can browse/download 100 mb of data for free for one week starting from tomorrow.

RS4 said:
The 100 mb is the free promotional offer for a period of one week ,its not a regular plan which will be released in one or two days.
bsnl has unlimited 1 week offer:p
Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

Supra said:
mobiles are not recommended as 3G Modems for extended periods of time.
I second that. I have used BSNL 3G on my 5230 and the battery drains faster than you can blink your eye. Ok i am exaggerating, but still mobile phone as modem is not recommended. It also makes the phone super hot and i always fear that my phone will blast.
Let alone using 3G internet, only keeping the phone in standby mode in UMTS mode (currently using a MTNL sim), also gives lower standby time :(

My phone is connected through 3G. I have Docomo in Punjab Circle. However, I can't use Internet anymore on my phone. Which access point are you people using?

Btw can anyone tell say I recharged Rs 48 for 2GB GPRS and 30 days validity yesterday arnd 1GB is left nw....what happens if I do Rs 95 one (6GB) today....will it total up to 7GB ?

Lol no such problems for me on my C5. It stays cool on standby and during normal surfing in 3G.
The temperature thing has got to do with the fact the those users are using a touch enabled phone.

Back