TATA docomo going to launch 3G this diwali

Re: TATA docommo going to launch 3G this diwali

its going to be a great one mate...

yea even better than BSNL possibly.

Any idea of 3g frequency being used? Will Tmobile sets from USA (having 1700/2100 3g band) will work?

^^Yes! All(most) the 3G operators(GSM) across the world uses 2.1ghz for 3G. So 3G handset of Tmobile will be compatible here too :)

PhotostarSR said:
^^Yes! All(most) the 3G operators(GSM) across the world uses 2.1ghz for 3G. So 3G handset of Tmobile will be compatible here too :)
That's good news...thanks :)

Its a big mess in US though...AT&T don't use 2100...even for t-mobile the phone has to support 1700 apart from 2100 to have 3g

Am able to connect to 3g network of tata docomo in bangalore here.getting real good speeds and superb signal strength too

Tata docomo i guess is giving 7 days free access to 3G starting today/tomorrow (not sure).

PS: I cant do anything as i am in Mumbai

sumatrix said:
Am able to connect to 3g network of tata docomo in bangalore here.getting real good speeds and superb signal strength too
What does the speedtest show?

I too getting 3G signals.....but not stable...

but when browsing they are charging from balance...

any guess about the data plans .......:-(

heard the docomo users can use the 3g services for free for 7 days???

true???

Well i think its free from tommorow..Because i almost exhausted my balance browsing using 3G

Amazing, I envy non Mumbai Docomo users. Inspite of being a Docomo user, no 3G is going to come anytime soon, forget free 3G access. :(

arun687 said:
Amazing, I envy non Mumbai Docomo users. Inspite of being a Docomo user, no 3G is going to come anytime soon, forget free 3G access. :(
:lol: what do you think why i am using mtnl for?

Guys, i don't get, it is only for mobile phones? but judging by all your excitement, it seems one can get fast and cheap 3g broadband for pc? is that possible? but won't not it drain the mobile phone's batteries, if we connect 3g internet via mobile phone.

^^ You didn't get that I am using a USB 3G Modem/Dongle to connect to PC ...mobiles are not recommended as 3G Modems for extended periods of time.

5th-11th Nov free 3G? That seals the deal! I am off to get the 3G sim+connection from Docomo now!!!

ya its getting deducted from GPRS balance but i do have a doubt.
Wil my balance get reduced if i download something???????

Back