TATA docomo going to launch 3G this diwali

TATA Docommo is going to launch their 3G serives in this diwali.

Tata DOCOMO 3G :: Experience super fast 3G Life from Tata DOCOMO 3G

But sad news is, it wont be available in Mumbai circle :(

Tata DOCOMO 3G services are coming soon and will be available to the following circles:

* Rajasthan
* UP (West)
* Gujarat
* Maharashtra except Mumbai
* Haryana
* Punjab
* Kerala
* Karnataka
* Madhya Pradesh

Tata DOCOMO 3G :: Frequently Asked Questions on 3G services

Now lets wait and see the tariff plans from docommo. Expecting little cheaper than BSNL and MTNL :p

Re: TATA docommo going to launch 3G this diwali

There are already rumors floating that the plans may be Unlimited for 1000 rupees. But no confirmation yet. Need to wait for couple of weeks.

I can already see DOCOMO 3G signal in my house in bangalore :)

You can check it with UMTS manual search...

Read on some forum that the signal is Live in Pune too but i cannot find one.

Btw the docomo website has started a counter to notify when 3G will start. Date is 05th November.

The operators will be sharing their 3G network with each other since no Operator has achieved Pan-India license. So, for eg, when Airtel launches it's 3G in December, Docomo will tie-up with them and thus allow Mumbai Docomo users to experience 3G. The opposite would happen for Airtel users in circles where Docomo won, but Airtel did not.

Docomo wouldn't even be able to support the kind of traffic that Mumbai would generate. But that jus me speculating ;)

bennysachdev said:
Docomo wouldn't even be able to support the kind of traffic that Mumbai would generate. But that jus me speculating ;)
they have their own infrastructure in place because they own VSNL(1st optical gateway to world for india) so load wont be problem.

many said that the prices of the auction reached were not realistic for them to get profits.

bennysachdev said:
that is true man :D

mumbai mobile users are waiting for cheap 3G plans ;)

Good news and that TV add is superb

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

abhisinalkar said:
that is true man :D

mumbai mobile users are waiting for cheap 3G plans ;)

don't forget that Docomo was the only one to start pay per second plans

If they would have won in mumbai I am sure they would have provided some good and competitive rates

But sadly in mumbai all the master players like Airtel ,Vodafone and Reliance have won so expect the rates to be high

ggt said:
they have their own infrastructure in place because they own VSNL(1st optical gateway to world for india) so load wont be problem.
many said that the prices of the auction reached were not realistic for them to get profits.
Think about the step before its gets to the gateway.

Towers ;)

techno_guy said:
But sadly in mumbai all the master players like Airtel ,Vodafone and Reliance have won so expect the rates to be high
I have no hopes of affordable plans from Airtel or Vodafone but Reliance does come up with some pretty competitive plans, so does Docomo. For Mumbai users, Reliance would be the one to watch for.

I heard few stuff from a manager in tata. Really interesting if any of them are true. cant say anything in public coz no idea even by him if they are true.

One thing i understood from him is that docomo is taking a different direction with 3g. and they are milking their tie up.

Think about the step before its gets to the gateway.

Towers

docomo has not been bad since launch

many users of aircel shifted to docomo because even when aircel promised unlimited data usage the speeds were pathetic (406B/sec)

docomo has been good with the speeds

I heard few stuff from a manager in tata. Really interesting if any of them are true. cant say anything in public coz no idea even by him if they are true.

One thing i understood from him is that docomo is taking a different direction with 3g. and they are milking their tie up.

they did that with virgin in 2G space too

Back