Flipkart...Could be Indian Amazon ?

Till now i did not understand why Flipkart introduced Marketplace with most of the products being offered cheaper and quick delivery by WSRETAIL?

Till now i did not understand why Flipkart introduced Marketplace with most of the products being offered cheaper and quick delivery by WSRETAIL?

I think it was due to some tax issues they had to change the company structure, they split the portal (FK), the retail chain to WS Retail and separate courier company.

Went to buy a Seagate hdd on fk today. All the listed sellers have same id as they have on eBay. Weirdly no one will ship to my location in fk except ws retail. On eBay they say they ship.
What is happening? Are they using fk's courier service? If ws retail can ship, why can't they?

There is a feedback form popping up on the right bottom not the Regular one.
I selected Higher price for regularly shopping with them. Do give a feedback. It does appear while browsing products.

Flipkart Raised another $160million from clutch of private equity funds. Total of $360million(~2160 Crores) this year itself.
This time the investment is being sought by Flipkart Holdings Singapore, the Singapore-based entity created in February this year by the company’s founders to get around the Indian law that doesn’t allow foreign direct investment in e-commerce companies. Flipkart Holdings runs the marketplace. The company’s Indian front-end operations and delivery systems are owned by WS Retail Services.
http://www.fashionunited.in/news/apparel/flipkart-explores-fresh-round-of-investments-081020136129
As of now, Flipkart has raised a total $541 million from five rounds of funding, which includes a reported $150 million funding in August 2012, $20 million in June 2011, $10 million in June 2010 and $1 million in 2009. Naspers had earlier confirmed that it had invested 858 million rand (around $102.1 million) in Flipkart in return for 10% stake in the company in August 2012.
http://www.medianama.com/2013/10/223-flipkart-160m-investment/
Their pricing of FK products now is seriously killing its competitors.. In the end its the Consumer who is the winner.

* Credit Cards?
Previously footwear and other products used to priced high than jabong. They're pricing it equivalent to snapdeal and amazon or less than that.
Yes only credit/debit cards.
It is great you know. I would be able to buy Dell S2240L for 8.3k ! :cool:

Guys,I want to buy books from Flipkart.
Is it good for book ?
BTW,what's the difference between Hardcover and Paperback ?
Never bought any book online before.:confused:

Is it good for book ?
I haven't bought any book from fk. But my friends used it for buying DU college books.
And Hardcover= hard and thick cover. You can't roll this type of books. More expensive.
Paperback= soft cover. Cheaper than hard cover.
BTW some people say hard cover is more durable, I don't agree with this. It depends on how you use it. Hard cover, if its out of shape then being hard its difficult to get back it to shape. Soft cover however are easier to maintain it imo.[DOUBLEPOST=1381317515][/DOUBLEPOST]
Flipkart is announcing Diwali special week of discount after next week...

Get ready !!
Interested only on tech stuff and jeans. Got a handful of shirts already. :3

Is it good for book ?
Hardcover have a hard cover. Paperback have a paper back. Simple. Yeah, Flipkart is good for books, unless you can buy it for cheap elsewhere.

Back