Flipkart...Could be Indian Amazon ?

avi

Skilled
Tittle says everything. Flipkart is going really nice, now they are selling Cameras and Computers too. Have bought many books and I am totally satisfied with their service.

Could it be Indian Amazon ? What you guys say ?

Yea, they are doing good, bought few books from them, service is very nice.

There is one more - infibeam, there service are better then flipcart, especially in case of shipping :)

Could be. They are providing good service and most importantly the pre-orders.
Hope they continue this good service for long.

Well Infibeam IS the indian amazon! Or atleast it tries to be. Started by a bunch of ex-amazon employess, everything from the logo to their 'pi' e-reader and bookstore seems like an attempt to ape the online retailing giant. The prices are good and super fast shipping (bought a book from them) but still in a nascent e-market like India, eBay has the biggest future as big brands will stay away from teaming up with an online portal unless exclusivity is provided which is impractical.
Although the shift from 'flashy' showroom to 'flash-ey' webstore isn't far away but untill then we've to go to the 'power sellers' for our shopping needs! ;)
Oh and about Flipkart; I think their pre-listing of upcoming mobile phones gives it an upper hand and also provides a good 'IC' for the companies before they go for the full PR attack!

Wow ! This is the 1st time I'm hearing Infibeam to be better than Flipkart. I ordered 2 novels from them and they delivered 1 month after the *specified* date i.e. nearly 2 months after payment. CC's replies used to be generic.

That's when I turned to Flipkart and boy oh boy !! Majestic service, excellent customer care, prompt replies and they make sure your stuff reaches you well before the specified dates. Must have shopped for more than 50k from Flipkart and never ever had an issue with them. Though their prices are a bit on the higher side as compared to Infibeam. Sad part is that they don't carry all electronics.

Had ordered an iTouch from Infibeam yesterday AFTER calling them and confirming that the deliver to UP (Anything >5k requires some form blah blah that's why none of the Ebay sellers ship to UP & WB). Let's see how it goes !

Keeping my fingers crossed ! :eek:hyeah:

@OP - Very true. I made a couple of purchases off FlipKart and like them a lot. I hope they can maintain decent prices and hassle-free service. My current order is for Crysis 2 (COD preorder) - also entered the Crysis 2 lucky draw :D

At OP - Gotta agree, flipkart is really good as of now, ope their quality doesn't deteriorate :) and the best features of their site are definitely COD and Fast shipping.

CA50 said:
Yea, they are doing good, bought few books from them, service is very nice.

There is one more - infibeam, there service are better then flipcart, especially in case of shipping :)

Even I have tried both flipkart and infibeam. Whereas flipkart took some time to deliver my order, infibeam was quick and delivered in 4 days.
techno_guy said:
^^ infact infibeam looks to have copied amazon style
Copied or not... Infibeam is doing a good job. I just want the Pi and Pi2 prices to come down.... :p

its nice to know we are having such competitive online stores in india.i really feel ebay was getting too much of a free run.i used to use tradus along with ebay on a regular basis but it has kinda gone backwards nwadays.

Flipkart is quite good in terms of communication. I had ordered a book (20 day delivery period) and a week before delivery they sent an sms -- mentioning that due to tax budget the manifestos are stuck in customs, so there will be delay.

Really like that. Service is excellent.

Back