Flipkart...Could be Indian Amazon ?

the last time i read few articles as on to Amazon's expansion in India. They were waiting for Govt's nod for Investing in Indian wing of Amazon.
Amazon is sitting on billions of dollars. A Billion dollars investment in India would do the job.
and also Flipkart recently raised amount via Local PE players.

I just won one of their fb competitions a week back. 500 rupees. I'll order around three books and see how they'll ship it.

the last time i read few articles as on to Amazon's expansion in India. They were waiting for Govt's nod for Investing in Indian wing of Amazon.
The FDI in retail allows a 51% stake for a multi-brand retailer. That means they need an indian partner to take on the 49%.

If you see the wallmart-bharti split, it was because they could not comply with the 30% local sourcing requirement. So how is amazon going to pull it off ?

Rules are made to bolster domestic businesses, give them an edge because they cannot compete with foreigners with much deeper pockets. One way to look at the FK winning the next round of financing is that investors bet that they will get a good return which means they do not expect amazon to offer significant competition to FK in the short term.

Amazon is sitting on billions of dollars. A Billion dollars investment in India would do the job.
Only if amazon can get a good return on that billion. The global shipping is a good move, but they really need to expand the selection. More sellers should get on that train.

Ordered from Amazon.in for the first time yesterday, books reached me today, in 36 hours flat. Very surprised that they delivered on a Sunday and on Dusshera.

Packaging could have been much better, they were just wrapped inside a cardboard box. Luckily they were not damaged.

Always keep checking hs18 super deals . They are good . India Times is unreliable I hear . Flipkart is the most expensive .
Not anymore, earlier they used to awesome.. Of recent hs18 hasent given any good deals....

Indiatimes has been more reliable than flipkart for me.. That's how much flipkart sucks in my case..

I was using FK since it started but have stopped using them for a while now due to some really experiences with them. They have become so big they just don't care about the average customer anymore. Please don't take my word for it. Open Google, enter "flipkart consumer court poor service" and see the no. of people who have filed cases against their service in various consumer courts...

I've read about such cases before and I'm not telling that FK is clean . They have not delivered some items before at a given price even though that item was shipped from them but for some vague transit related issue they did not ship it. Made it Out of stock and later hiked the price and told me to order it once again which I did not obviously. But 2 months back I've ordered some products and the prices hiked later but this time they did delivered the products. I've only shared my experience with them just like everyone did.

Back