Flipkart...Could be Indian Amazon ?

I am keeping an eye on flipkart for Game of Thrones books... last time they were Rs 1450/-
Me too!!! ^_^
But the books confuse me. There is a handful of books in pack on ebay and fk. But some books come in two parts (like HP7 in two books). :S

Hardcover have a hard cover. Paperback have a paper back. Simple. Yeah, Flipkart is good for books, unless you can buy it for cheap elsewhere.
Thanks for ur reply!
If price written on FK is correct then its cheaper cos I won't get more than 10% off at book shop at College Street,Kolkata.
But,saw many books are old not current Edition.
Some books are very old.
Saw 'Publication Year 2004' written at info bar.
I need to buy few books on Architecture.
Currently all Diwali or Puja offer only for Electronics goods.

I have couple of books in wishlist, with some Lego sets.

Planning to get these if there is some super dhamaka kind of sale.

@Revolution : hard cover versions are normally released first. Paper quality too is far superior, but they cost much more than the paperbacks.

FK started with books so they are OK. Once again competition has forced others to give better discounts sometimes. So, like with any other product look around.

Thanks for ur advice.
I will check other sites too.
Though my books not popular so may not be available every where.
One thing is holding me back is that the Publication Year.
I want to buy latest edition.

^^Not much will be different in case of educational books. Those publishers just change a few things here and there so that people don't buy second hand books and always go for the "latest publication." Unless there has been a big syllabus change in the university recently, you should be fine.

There is a lot of difference in prices of educational books on flipkart and other educational books sites..

Buy books india. Com.. I purchased and engineering book costing 150 more on flipkart.. Flipkart was selling at mrp.. Just like the local stores..

Flipkart Raised another $160million from clutch of private equity funds. Total of $360million(~2160 Crores) this year itself.

Their pricing of FK products now is seriously killing its competitors.. In the end its the Consumer who is the winner.
Very good news indeed :)

I am very hopeful of Flipkart now. Entry of Amazon has renewed their spirit and they are fighting back hard.

But pathetic packing. Comes without any packing in just a plastic bag. Every time. Not just once.
I got it in a big box; you can check my post(a few months back) in the show-off thread. I think they are improving, in spite of all the governmental roadblocks they have.

While Amazon.in is not yet on Track according to me with its full operations due to FDI regulations in Ecomm.
I'm Sure once that's over, Flipkart is no longer #1 in India though i want a desi brand to be a leader in the world.

Buying Books on Amazon Doesn't sound Great Except for pricing, I buy books from goodvalue.in which is currently down for renovation and Flipkart is secondary choice.

yep that's a proper word. Pathetic would be better if the cover or the pages of the book are torn.

Oh I didn't get pages torn, but the hard bound cover of dan brown inferno was damaged.

And the second d time I ordered many pages were folded..

Atleast one layer of bubble wrap?

Oh that's weird there packing might vary from city to city... I recently ordered two books from Amazon to test how they are... They were packed in an envelope which has bubble wrapping on the inside and the books themselves have a lamination...

I have ordered many things from Amazon. Com and it's the same envelope that they use in US that they are using here...

While Amazon.in is not yet on Track according to me with its full operations due to FDI regulations in Ecomm.
I'm Sure once that's over, Flipkart is no longer #1 in India though i want a desi brand to be a leader in the world..
The FDI in retail does not do a lot for e-commerce companies. FK is going to hold on to its spot for longer. HAd they failed to get more funding then amazon would have got an edge.

Back