Assassin's Creed III - Discussion Thread

Started the title yesterday and completed the first 3 sequences with 100% synch. The new dude on the block - Haytham Kenway is not as charming and mature as Ezio and I am yet to like this guy. May be things might improve later on. The gameplay is terribly slow and other than doing some random errands, the game is still a long shot from what was offered in AC II and Brotherhood. Hoping for something better towards the later sequences.
Started the game Today and the views are exactly the same. 1st Three Sequences of ACIII doesn't not even comes close to ACII if compared and the gameplay is terribly slow and some things are just faaltu.
I really wish that this 2 months of waiting time i had to go through becomes worth it. :( Rest Starting with the 4th Sequence.

Completed Seq. 4 a while back and it was okay. Learnt some useless tree hopping but I sure as hell hope it is going to be worth it when I actually get to assassinate from over the tree tops.

Completed Sequence 10 and paused it. I can't seem to find Connor interesting whatsoever. Even his mentor Achilles. :(

The only interesting sequence this far was the father and son part. The naval missions are good but I did not quite upgrade Aquila as yet. I haven't recruited any Assassins save for one dude which seems mandatory whereas in the previous titles, I always had a bunch ready to help me out at any point in the game and was eager to see that all were recruited to the brotherhood after attending their ceremonies; absolutely no interest in this title for any such activity!

Overall the mojo for playing this title is much lower. I loved all of Ezio's titles and will always cherish those memories of playing them.

Completed the title sometime back and as much as I hate to say this, the new protagonist definitely fails to impress. And the new title overall. Quickly completed the main story arc without doing many side missions since there were hardly any good incentives of doing so. The ending happened pretty quickly before I realised that the game actually has come to an END unlike the previous AC titles esp. when there was so much build up to the conclusion.

If the upcoming AC title retains the same protagonist, I really wish the developers pay some attention to the minor things that made Ezio stand out as a memorable character in the history of AC titles and video games as a whole. The new Anvil Next engine was poorly optimised for the console as well - at so many occasions the game was doing slideshows, random texture popping issues, poor textures. It hardly felt as if I was playing an AAA title! Even Lorne Balfe's music composition doesn't match what Jesper Kyd had done for the previous titles. Kyd's tracks had that magical rhythm and an aura that surrounded it. Every time I listened to that during my commute to the office, it reminded me of the some of the good times I've had with the game and sometimes pushed me to a nap (which isn't a bad thing!).

I wish Ubi luck and I pray and hope they make the upcoming title(s) interesting. Signing off.

started playing today. A very boring start.
And as stated by various folks, I am also yet to 'like' the new kid in Boston. :p

(Farcry's last few mission pending. I think I will finish them before I move ahead with AC.)

^ Why not on PC ?

Reports from various sources that there's some heavy frame drops in certain levels viz. Boston and NY. That would be a really sucky affair. The PS3 wasn't any good but the drops were inconsistent and happened once in a while. Horrid optimisation to say the least.

Reached Boston and yes, the frame rates instantly took a nose dive. Visually, the game feels quite authentic. Ubisoft have always managed to encapsulate the details of their Assassin's Creed games perfectly. Gameplay, however, is a bit awkward. The first sword fight I attempted against Mills was not fluid. May be because it was a close cornered location, but it felt uneven. I like the dialogues, they fit the bill perfectly for the time period. Haytham feels like an average character so far, but this is not the kind of start I expected from the lively one in Assassin's Creed II. I know it's hard to let go of the iconic trail that Ezio has left behind, but he's gone now and we have to deal with it. It's just a matter of time before I'd play as Connor and see how this new protagonist plays out.

also the background theme/score sucks

There is no background theme / score for 80% 0f the play-time. And I like it this way.

Reports from various sources that there's some heavy frame drops in certain levels viz. Boston and NY. That would be a really sucky affair. The PS3 wasn't any good but the drops were inconsistent and happened once in a while. Horrid optimisation to say the least.

Yep the PC port even after being delayed for so long feels completely shafted.

It is buggy, broken and maybe the first Assassin's game that I have put on hold.

There is no background theme / score for 80% 0f the play-time. And I like it this way.

Why? I mean this series is known for delivering amazing soundtracks. Granted Kyd isn't involved in composing the music, but this game could have had one redeeming factor; a good OST.

Why? I mean this series is known for delivering amazing soundtracks. Granted Kyd isn't involved in composing the music, but this game could have had one redeeming factor; a good OST.

Because it is different and allows you to pick up other sounds in the frontier, imagine discerning natural sounds from the background score when you are trailing / stalking an animal OR ambushing a patrol.

Most have taken to it negatively but I am fine with no score being played. Maybe because I am fine with stuff like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and METRO but that is just how I think. Just my opinion on the whole thing.

Merry Christmas to all on the thread. Cheers!

Completed the Title yesterday. Disappointed. So many things left unanswered. Soundtrack was no good. 3 years to build such a shitty game. :\

Because it is different and allows you to pick up other sounds in the frontier, imagine discerning natural sounds from the background score when you are trailing / stalking an animal OR ambushing a patrol.

Most have taken to it negatively but I am fine with no score being played. Maybe because I am fine with stuff like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and METRO but that is just how I think. Just my opinion on the whole thing.

Merry Christmas to all on the thread. Cheers!

Metro and S.T.A.L.K.E.R had a different set-up Abhay. Having bare minimum music (or none at all) was a part of creating the tension and building up an atmosphere. We experience a similar situation in Dark Souls too. These game don't warrant a ground-breaking OST, except may be in their trailers. However, you're spot on about having discreet sounds being produced depending on the scenario. But if we look at the larger picture, this game has a good theme, which could be complemented by an epic soundtrack. If you say that 80% of the game doesn't have music, then that's a downer for me.

Metro and S.T.A.L.K.E.R had a different set-up Abhay. Having bare minimum music (or none at all) was a part of creating the tension and building up an atmosphere. We experience a similar situation in Dark Souls too. These game don't warrant a ground-breaking OST, except may be in their trailers. However, you're spot on about having discreet sounds being produced depending on the scenario. But if we look at the larger picture, this game has a good theme, which could be complemented by an epic soundtrack. If you say that 80% of the game doesn't have music, then that's a downer for me.

I meant most of the time in the frontier you will not have a background Score, there are area specific music but not on the level of the previous titles in the series.

Music is there, just not everywhere and all the time.

Its really disappointing to have been waiting to play the game that concludes the storyline of all the previous games of that series that you have been in love with and end up getting a horrible conclusion.(I seriously dunno how to put it?)
What happened to Lucy? Out of the blue Desmond saw that lucy will give the apple to Abstergo and they'll all die. So he killed him. No flashback. Nothing. Truth Video Adam and Eve. Nothing explained. How was it at the time of 1st civilization. When was new york vault/temple whatever got found? No other pieces of eden mentioned. ACB - Subject 16 - Find Eve? No Need. Key is everything. Why find other pieces of eden? Juno is Evil? And the world lived because Desmond Died. :facepalm:

Imagine playing Brotherhood without background score infact brotherhood has the best overall soundtrack compared to all series.And yeah Connor at the end turns out to be gay.

Someone please convince me to complete this game, as I'm really struggling out here. I'm on Sequence 8 and this game is as boring as Seth Rogen's acting. :(

Back