Assassin's Creed III - Discussion Thread

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Ubi confirms the next 'MAJOR' Assassin's Creed title for 2012!

And just when I thought 2011 was 'THE' year of gaming, 2012 is shaping up quite nicely!
<

News: New Assassin's Creed in 2012, confirms Ubi - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Softpedia said:
Ubisoft has confirmed that a new Assassin's Creed game is coming next year, despite the fact that the latest installment in the series, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, hasn't even been released as of yet. Speaking during its financial earnings call, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot confirmed what most of us already knew, that a new Assassin's Creed game is coming in 2012.

This was pretty much obvious from statements made by the designers of the series, who said that the next game will focus on Desmond, the actual protagonist of the series, who is trying to stop Templars from taking over the world before 2012.

As such, it wouldn't have been very clever to let the year go by and not release an Assassin's Creed game, so Guillemot's statement just makes it official.

Re: Ubi confirms the next 'MAJOR' Assassin's Creed title for 2012!

I thought the story will come to a finish in Revelations.May be they want to milk the cow like MW series.

enough of this series already.Its time they should realize it.

Really loved the fighting style in POP:WW.

If they could adapt that here it would be awesome.

Ezio's part of the story ends with revelation but the whole series will conclude with AC3(hopefully!)

comp@ddict said:
I guess this is Milking too.

Yep albeit in a slightly better way because we get to explore the varying plots and different gameplays unlike COD which has become another mindless shooting affair.

If this is milking, what would you say of the Final Fantasy series or the Yakuza series? :p

It is definitely milking but i still would prefer a AC over COD because ever year atleast AC introduces new features. Even the AC engine on PC is fantastic, the game truly looks magnificent maxed out (which is not a half tough thing to do).

Also i am hardly an AC fan.

Guys obviously it was sure that ACIII(I hope they are naming it this only)will be released in 2012 cause the MAIN game is set in 2012 only...if they don't release it in 2012 then when are they gonna release this? in 2013/2014 when in the games it's said the world ends in 2012. BTW ACIII was already in development when they called of about AC:R cause i read somewhere in Feb/March when my boards were on head..um..CEO of Montreal said that, "a MAJOR Title is in development while there is something Assassin's related to be called off in E3 this year." which was revealed as Assassins Creed Revelations(Source i don't remember)...So i guessed that MAJOR TITLE is AC3 right?

I think I would have liked it like this:

AC I, AC II be released in a timeframe between ACII and Brotherhood, and then directly AC III. Would have kept us waiting hungry for more, not "oh no, more"

Well Let's Go... atleast more fun than save The Statue OF Liberty from Commie Russian terrorists / radical Islamist groups / presume a group of marauding group of Nazi zombie men.

Gannu said:
Yep albeit in a slightly better way because we get to explore the varying plots and different gameplays unlike COD which has become another mindless shooting affair.

If this is milking, what would you say of the Final Fantasy series or the Yakuza series? :p

Have you tried out Square Enix's Kingdom Series, Sire...

ALPHA17 said:
Have you tried out Square Enix's Kingdom Series, Sire...

Nah man, that's a first for me. :)

PS: Please drop that sire thingy. I think someone else had conveyed this to you on FB once? :p

Gannu said:

Difference is each Final Fantasy Releases every 3/4 years and each game have different characters, story and gameplay

Problem with AC Series is they are releasing it every year. 2 years period would be better imo :)

Ubi confirms that even after AC3 the story will continue

Amacio also announced that though next year's Assassin's Creed is likely to bring the story involving Desmond, who has linked together all of the games so far, to a close, it will not necessarily mean the end of the series. When Assassin's Creed returns, it will be back with a new central character. Amacio said there are "many cycles within the brand – that's the whole point. History is our playground"

Source : Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Creed#Future

AC 1 - Boring same missions again and again.

AC2 - Quite good. Much better than AC1 with interesting missions and story.

ACB - Great story. So far the best in the 3.

ACR - ON CFW could not play
<

Would really want this Desmond thing to come to a close. Bored with this character. Would you like CJ of San Andreas in GTA 4 ? NEVER!! We want a new central character. End this 2012 story give us AC 4 !
<

AC 1 - Boring same missions again and again.

AC2 - Quite good. Much better than AC1 with interesting missions and story.

ACB - Great story. So far the best in the 3.

ACR - ON CFW could not play
<

Would really want this Desmond thing to come to a close. Bored with this character. Would you like CJ of San Andreas in GTA 4 ? NEVER!! We want a new central character. End this 2012 story give us AC 4 !
<

AC2 is certainly the best game in the series , especially because Ezio character not only was charming but was compassionate too.

Back