Assassin's Creed III - Discussion Thread

Sequence 9 is a bit better then the game again turns to a garbage bin till the end.

@Ethan_Hunt wanted to continue playing the game, not realize partial amazement and then return to some other title.

I am at the last Sequence and I don't want to finish the game. Might not buy any DLC's neither unless they are heavily discounted.

Someone please convince me to complete this game, as I'm really struggling out here. I'm on Sequence 8 and this game is as boring as Seth Rogen's acting. :(

Honest advice, drop title and play other games.

When completely free for say a week OR so then try to finish the last 4 sequences in a quickie.

Also hope they release a patch for the same till then.

Last edited by a moderator:
somehow i didn't feel bored while playing this game!dinjo-play this game to see the ending at least.. and about the ending guys-

desmond isn't dead!!,if you notice in the ending video,he puts his right hand on the pedestal nd that ****s him up,right?this means juno probably meant to use up his body or something,but if you guys remember the ending of revelations,you would remember that in the end when animus schedules subject 16 and desmond
for deletion,subject 16 clings to desmond's body and desmond glows blue(particularly his right arm) and 16 tells him that he is 'saving him',then desmond comes out of the animus and his right arm glows blue for a while.what had happened was that clay(subject 16) had stored himself in his right arm and so when desmond touches that pedestal,clay probably saves him somehow.there are explanations for adam and eve too,the people behind AC are very smart to say the least.now that juno is the big baddie,the assassins have to stop her,right?well in the time of the first civilisation,there was a human revolution,and somehow they defeated these smug god-bastards,so what desmond(who is probably adam's descendant) will do is go back to the time of the first civ. through the animus.but there is also the matter of eve.adam and eve probably lead this revolution(the eve part can be confirmed through ac:liberation's ending),so desmond will have to find eve's descendant,nd they both will find out how to defeat juno.(so this is how co-op is possible,something ubi have been talking about).also all this is also hinted by brotherhoods ending,where clay says to desmond-to find eve,and says d key is her dna.

i think just like ac3,development on ac 4 has already begun,and we will get 1 or more half-sequels on a yearly basis starting from 2013 itself.these games will set the stage nicely for us to roam around in the first civ. in ac 4(in the next-gen consoles of course,shaun does once say to desmond in ac3 that he would like to turn the dial back to the time of the first civ. in the animus).

Honest advice, drop title and play other games.

When completely free for say a week OR so then try to finish the last 4 sequences in a quickie.

Also hope they release a patch for the same till then.

Trust me, I was about to drop it right up until sequence 6. Then it kinda picked up the pace, only to be greeted then Desmond's sequence after a short time. That's when I fell asleep again. I'm really disappointed in Ubisoft. I didn't have any hopes with this title, but never imagined it to be such a snooze fest. This title almost makes me appreciate the first Assassin's Creed game.

But like Din said, I may not get back to it, if I drop it now. I just want to know, if at any point, does it get as boring as the first 6 sequences.

Trust me, I was about to drop it right up until sequence 6. Then it kinda picked up the pace, only to be greeted then Desmond's sequence after a short time. That's when I fell asleep again. I'm really disappointed in Ubisoft. I didn't have any hopes with this title, but never imagined it to be such a snooze fest. This title almost makes me appreciate the first Assassin's Creed game.

But like Din said, I may not get back to it, if I drop it now. I just want to know, if at any point, does it get as boring as the first 6 sequences.

Finish it in a single sitting then, the game goes all wonky after this point. Not boring but it is almost like a marathon where all the runners start with a small burst and then start meandering and towards the end give it their all to hurtle towards the end in a burst.

This title might see me abandoning the franchise that got me into collecting franchises. I will not say the game itself is disappointing, neither is the setting, nor any of the characters but the game lacks the thrill of the hunt. Apart from Naval missions, almost everything is 'Here we go again.'

I just want to know, if at any point, does it get as boring as the first 6 sequences.
IMO Last 3-4 Sequences were the only one's which created a mood that AC style is back but eh well end it and find out why everyone here is like 'off' with the title. Last 2-3 sequence were > all other combined, for me. Ending can $uck b@llS.

I had the same feeling for AC II towards the middle of the game.Could never understand the hype of AC II (Only the story was good).Just competed that for the sake of completing it and for the story.I repeat i liked AC III.Yes the story is not perfect but still its good.Gameplay is engaging too.

IMO this is the most boring AC game ever.
I hardly care for in-game story - mostly the action parts I enjoy in games. (I skip most cinematics).
And this got none.

It got just the same weapon Tomahawk since the begining till now. ***** boring *****
And I dunno if its a feature, somehow I don't have the tomahawk in sequence 10. Any clue guys? Is it possible I might have dropped that somewhere?

(since I started, I'm kinda obliged :p to finish this - else I would have left a long ago)

Is it just me or the game lags like hell when we reach Boston after prologue? Its almost as if the CPU is trying to render the game instead of GPU. All settings highest except shadows at high. 1920x1080.... Toning down the settings to 800x600 lowest does not make a difference.

AMD phenom 2 x3 720BE OC to 3.3 Ghz
AMD 7850 2GB
Giskill Ripjaws 8GB RAM
Corsair 750 TX
WD and Hitach hard drives

Is it just me or the game lags like hell when we reach Boston after prologue? Its almost as if the CPU is trying to render the game instead of GPU. All settings highest except shadows at high. 1920x1080.... Toning down the settings to 800x600 lowest does not make a difference.

The Optimization is truly S#!+ with this one.

240px-Darth_Vader.jpg

Back