ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in India

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

akitosforever said:
so finally whats the cheapest option in India :

Dell XCD35 Price In India: Buy Dell XCD35: Price, Reviews: Flipkart Mobiles

I found the above.....

If anyone could clear the doubt:

1) The flipkart price shws android 2.1 ...is it easily upgradable to Froyo(2.2) and also does it have 512 me or 256

2) Has any one found the cheaper Online/Retail place to buy the phone in India ( Alfa Mumbai et all ????)

3) Whats the fina latest l all inclusive cost to get it from the UK?

can any one suggest a better android phne in 12 k range....?

Oh man.......so many questions i asked...but such is mess when it comes to technology ....hope u guys answer em.....

Cheers
the one from Flipkart comes with 2.2 on board, I can say that cause a friend bought from them.

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

Guys me and number people bought SF from the UK, The screen is TRULY made with Exceptional Viewing angles and black levels that u wont find in many i wonder if its an IPS and which is hard to find here.

^ It's an OLED if you got an earlier version. Later versions were all TFT.

No mine is TFT version but in TFT version there are two type of screen Lead and Truly.But in Truly there are different type of screen. I guy who is selling name Vajm1234, I went to his office and check the difference.

Has anyone purchased XCD35 from letsbuy.com and unlocked the RAM to 512M?

Apparently some versions may have only 256M physical RAM in which case no unlock will be possible.

^I have purchased XCD35 from letsbuy for a friend and it came with 512MB ram eventhough it was on android 2.1 whereas the newer stock comes with android 2.2 and 512MB ram.

fractal said:
Has anyone purchased XCD35 from letsbuy.com and unlocked the RAM to 512M?

Apparently some versions may have only 256M physical RAM in which case no unlock will be possible.
Dell XCD35 from letsbuy is Gen1 (Android 2.1, Eclair) and comes with full 512MB RAM. Nothing is locked.

If you buy directly from Dell they will give you newer Gen2 (Android 2.2, Froyo) with 256MB RAM. Needs unlocking.

@RS4, @ontherocks - Thanks for the info guys.

Available at BuyThePrice now for Rs. 9629. 2.2 Froyo (according to the listing), Gen 2 (I presume).

Dell XCD35 from letsbuy is Gen1 (Android 2.1, Eclair) and comes with full 512MB RAM. Nothing is locked.

If you buy directly from Dell they will give you newer Gen2 (Android 2.2, Froyo) with 256MB RAM. Needs unlocking.

Sorry to differ ontherocks (in the rain :p)

Had got a Gen 2 Froyo from Letsbuy with full 512MB :p

All Gen 2 phones I have seen are with 512MB fully available. Where did u get this info from that 2.2 was 256MB.

Only in 1st few months the phones were Gen 1 with 256MB :p.

Supra said:
Sorry to differ ontherocks (in the rain :p)

Had got a Gen 2 Froyo from Letsbuy with full 512MB :p

All Gen 2 phones I have seen are with 512MB fully available. Where did u get this info from that 2.2 was 256MB.

Only in 1st few months the phones were Gen 1 with 256MB :p.

The phone always had 512 MB, it was a defective firmware that made 256MB to vanish. A fix was available on XDA/Modaco to unlock the other 256MB.

^^A defective Firmware or deliberate locking from Dell side ?? :S

^^ Why would a manufacturer lock a feature that would help to boost their sales?

For those who don't wanna trawl the whole thread, here's the current lowest offers for the Dell XCD35:

1. Rs. 8499 with a free "Hipstreet Blue Tooth worth Rs.999" (not sure if it's really worth that much) from Flipkart

Flipkart.com: Dell XCD35: Mobile

2. Rs.7,649 After RCOMLB1 Coupon (Rs. 8,499 - 850) On Letsbuy with free "Callmate Bluetooth Headset worth Rs. 999"

Buy Dell XCD35 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Also available on this thread : http://www.techenclave.com/hot-deals-and-discussions/dell-xcd35-android-mobile-knockout-deals-199172.html

Update on Letsbuy: Not to be outdone by flipkart, letsbuy is now offering a free "Callmate Bluetooth Headset worth Rs. 999" for the same price!

Update on Letsbuy: Not to be outdone by flipkart, letsbuy is not offering a free "Callmate Bluetooth Headset worth Rs. 999" for the same price!

Who will use it ?, it's a cheap bluetooth headset.

jijojose79 said:
Who will use it ?, it's a cheap bluetooth headset.

I have no idea, i can't imagine using anything other than my MW600.

Back