ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in India

varkey

Skilled
The ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 is available in eBay UK and Prepaymania.co.uk for approx 100 GBP shipped in UK.

epRFd.jpg

San Francisco from Orange in grey | Pay monthly contract | Pay as you go| Mobile phones | Orange

ZTE Blade - Full phone specifications

Please check the MoDaCo Wiki for more information about the phone, custom ROMs etc -- http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php?title=ZTE_Blade

You can get this to India for another Rs 600-700 through Aramex Shop&Ship (Use coupon code 'SNS10VSCH' to open the account for just $5)

Here are the links

San Francisco Android Mobile Phone Black on Orange Pay As You Go - PrePayMania - 110 GBP

(Use 'VCPG3' coupon code to get additional 3 GBP off when ordering from Prepaymania.co.uk directly)

NOTE : Guys , please do not place new orders from PrePayMania as they are cancelling all orders with Aramex's shipping address.

As Prepaymania is not a good solution, you can also look at eBay.co.uk, try the auctions as well as Buy it Now listings. The prices are generally higher, but some sellers may give it for a better rate if you contact them. Also some listings have an option to make an Offer, try that too.

It's an awesome phone and for the price it's a steal. There are various custom roms available thanks to MoDaCo. I am currently using a Custom Eclair ROM. There is a Froyo ROM also available, but it's in Alpha Stage but is quite stable.

You can check this thread for more info regarding Aramex, Order Process etc.

How to determine if the phone has an OLED or TFT display

SoulFire said:
Dial *983*24474636# in the dialer. (refer to “Glass” to determine which screen category your phone falls under)

OLED

LCD Information:

IC: TL2796

Glass: Samsung

TFT/LCD

IC: NT35580

Glass: LEAD OR

Glass: TRULY
A small how-to on placing the order

1. Register for an Aramex Shop&Ship account, first you need to create a normal Aramex.com account and later signup for the Shop&Ship account. Use the coupon posted above to get it for $5. Now they will provide you with a UK and US address.

2. Purchase the item from eBay UK ( You can pay by paypal using your CC ) or directly from Prepaymania.co.uk ( Try it through Google Checkout, it should work ) and enter the shipping address as given by Aramex

3. You will get a mail from Aramex once the item has reached their location. After that you can track and view details about the package from their website.

4. Customs duty for phones is only about 1.3%. Shipping from UK to India will be $10 for the first 0.5kg and $8 for each additional 0.5kg. The shipping cost and customs duty if applicable will be collected at the time of delivery.

This package will weigh less than 0.5kg so shipping cost will be only about $10 plus 10.33% tax.

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

Amazing specs for the price. Thanks for sharing Vivek.

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

^^ Is this the AMOLED one for sale ?

Thanks Varkey for the post, but it's already out of stock :(

It's still showing as In stock from the site directly. I'm still thinking over it, but seems stocks won't last long, will have to decide soon. :p

It's a no brainer at that price, but only worried about support if anything goes wrong, hence confused between this and the LG optimus one. :(

EDIT: They've updated the description to TFT display, so it's no OLED anymore. Still a good deal for the WVGA resolution.

Out of stock on eBay. Did anyone successfully place the order directly from the site?

is someone ordering this? I would like to club :)

^ 90 GBP + 10 GBP Topup :p

I have got two phones till now. For the first one, duty was Rs 92 and second one duty = ZERO :p

Looks awesome. But I won't risk it because of no actual 'brand' to provide repair or warranty.

raksrules said:
I am bit concerned about customs.
How much are the chances that customs will be charged ??
If charged then how much ?
1.3%, it's negligible. You can have the phone in hand for around ~8.5k, max 9k.

^ Ya

97 GBP ~ Rs 7250 + Rs 510 ( Shipping ) + Rs 300 ( Customs max case ) = Rs 8060 :p

Ok another query

This one has TFT screen right and not (AM)OLED and does this mean screen is resistive ? I am noob with screens

How much difference does this make ?? And is this the one difference in specs between various models of ZTE Blade available anywhere in market ?? Are all other features same ?

^ Everything is same except the screen. Both are capacitive. I had posted the comparison of TFT vs OLED in one of my earlier posts.

varkey said:
^ 90 GBP + 10 GBP Topup :p

I have got two phones till now. For the first one, duty was Rs 92 and second one duty = ZERO :p
Sell one dam it! :p

We seriously need some sort of GO for it.

varkey said:
^ Everything is same except the screen. Both are capacitive. I had posted the comparison of TFT vs OLED in one of my earlier posts.
Can you link me to that thread ?? Would really appreciate that. Have very little info when it comes to mobile screens.

Back