Windows 8 - Feedback thread

Urgent query.
My brother has bought Windows 7 32 bit from a shop (box pack. supposed to be "OEM", I don't know)
it is still box packed.

Can he upgrade to Windows 8 64BIT by paying 699/- ?
or just windows 8 32bit only.

Urgent query.
My brother has bought Windows 7 32 bit from a shop (box pack. supposed to be "OEM", I don't know)
it is still box packed.

Can he upgrade to Windows 8 64BIT by paying 699/- ?
or just windows 8 32bit only.

Since you wish to use the Rs 699 upgrade option and if you have 32 Bit Windows 7 installed then the Upgrade Assistant will download the 32 bit version for you
If you are already running 64 bit so the upgrade assistant will get you the windows 8 64 bit version

There is no option for you to switch between 32 bit to 64 Bit or Vice-verse using the upgrade offer but you can always buy a retail copy which will give you 64 bit as well as 32 bit version of Windows 8 Pro
So the Simple Answer is NO,not possible to go from 32 bit to 64 bit vice-verse using windows 8 upgrade assistant

y do you guys want to pay for something that can be easily obtained for free,and yes i mean official activation,i had posted the guide,but mods deleted it,if anyone is interested PM me.

Its not official activation in any way. we have deleted it after reading it carefully, and its illegal in all ways. The volume keys need to be bought first, then KMS server with key (to be hosted on a Windows 2012 server) needs to be bought. The ip address of the KMS server you posted belongs to a university. Volume license keys are very limited (need to be bought in batches of 50-100,500,1000 etc). So if you activated from them, you've denied a student his/her rightfull key. You're stealing windows 8 keys from kids. Hope you sleep well at night.

Just because you found them on a site does not mean its legal. Stop promoting piracy here or in the other sections. If you dont have anything to add to the thread besides promoting piracy please do not post.

If you had installed kaspersky 2013 uninstall it i had the same problem too with kaspersky installed,
check your internet connection and updated you GC drivers
also make sure your resolution is > 1024*480

Thanks for the help mate i can now run windows store and all Metro UI apps after uninstalling KIS 2013 from my system. But now my system is running without protection .What would you advice do i install it again

I find this really weird that having Kaspersky in the system won't allow you to run apps in MetroUI
Kaspersky itself has a "Windows 8 Ready" banner on their website,so why is it messing up not that i have faced any problems but shouldn't it work fine ??

keep deleting my posts,and i will contact the administrator and then you can have a private chat with him,is this illegal too?you don't deserve to be a mod,amateur,do you think i am hosting a KMS server?am i running a damn company here?,NO,what i am doing is connecting to a public kms server who has itself made it' s presence know by telling to someone who has then told it to me.i am not hosting a server,so wat you are saying makes no sense at ALL.client keys are free,public server is free to access,WMC key is free,where is the problem?you want to lose 2000 rupees,lose them gladly.

the technical heads at microsoft dont leave anything to chance,they are not only giving wmc for free but mysteriously activating win permanently in the process,what is that if nt a message to take the goodies?and as for the kms servers,they are open intentionally,if you still want to take the moral high ground,be my guest.i personally know a few guys who woudnt have bought win if not for this way,so if you wont understand,step aside.do you accidently make your kms servers public?or maybe activate ppls win8 when your scheme is to give away a software?do you think robin hood walked the right path?similarly i do.

sudhanshu123 said:
KMS servers(posting public KMS servers is not at all illegal so dnt delete my post now,mod,and there is no authorised server so none is unauthorised also)
Please read up on KMS before shooting off, since you don't seem to understand how it works. The "free" KMS keys are Client setup keys which convert your Win 8 installation into the KMS model and then look for your KMS Host on the network and activate. The KMS Host keys are NOT FREE. If the KMS host or host keys do not belong to you, you're not supposed to use them.

What can I do if there are no KMS servers available?
Wait! Microsoft spent a lot of time and effort to protect their investment, and we don't blame them. MDL is not about free software or piracy, it is about learning(??), understanding, and creation and all of these things take time.
What does that tell you? MDL is known for posting illegal workarounds. Try posting this on MS' Technet forums and see what they say.
BTW KMS servers are not intentionally kept public; they are always due to a mistake or an inexperienced IT admin.

P.s.: I have no idea about WMC nor do I have the time to check. The above info applies only to Win 8.

keep deleting my posts,and i will contact the administrator and then you can have a private chat with him,is this illegal too?you don't deserve to be a mod,amateur,do you think i am hosting a KMS server?am i running a damn company here?,NO,what i am doing is connecting to a public kms server who has itself made it' s presence know by telling to someone who has then told it to me.i am not hosting a server,so wat you are saying makes no sense at ALL.client keys are free,public server is free to access,WMC key is free,where is the problem?you want to lose 2000 rupees,lose them gladly.

the technical heads at microsoft dont leave anything to chance,they are not only giving wmc for free but mysteriously activating win permanently in the process,what is that if nt a message to take the goodies?and as for the kms servers,they are open intentionally,if you still want to take the moral high ground,be my guest.i personally know a few guys who woudnt have bought win if not for this way,so if you wont understand,step aside.do you accidently make your kms servers public?or maybe activate ppls win8 when your scheme is to give away a software?do you think robin hood walked the right path?similarly i do.

giving 700 or 2000 (equivalent to about the price of a few pizzas or shopping one time for clothes) for a licensed copy is far better than stealing from anyone. Client keys are not free. everything needs to be paid. if they were to be given away free, why did Microsoft go to all the trouble of making licensing servers, keys for activation etc? why not just open up their download servers and let everyone in the fun?

kms servers sometimes need to be open intentionally. example: a company with offices all over India with thousands of employees has a server in Mumbai. if they dont open the server, people cant activate their office windows copies. just because you find the server address on a site, does not mean that you activate your windows using their server. if a person took your mobile out of your shirt pocket and said you did not close it and he was free to take it since it was open how would you feel? like robin hood?

So if you activated from them, you've denied a student his/her rightfull key. You're stealing windows 8 keys from kids. Hope you sleep well at night.
Bro, are you sure about this? It makes me very sad knowing something like this if it is true.

Bro, are you sure about this? It makes me very sad knowing something like this if it is true.
Hehe not exactly. The KMS server belongs to a Creighton university. Its probably for their university PCs. Students will use the Dreamspark site for keys. Of course you're still using the university's keys.

But Robin Hood didn't go to university, so its probably ok :gap:

I can't drag and drop files from the desktop. If I want to open an html file saved on the desktop and try to drag and drop it onto Firefox window, it's not working. It's working fine from the file explorer/file manager/windows explorer whatever it's called. It's not working from the desktop. Is it a new feature in Windows 8 or am I the only one facing the issue?

Penny wise, Pound foolish...

It wasn't told to "someone", the information leaked. What if, the University tracks all illegal ip's that activated their now legit (accdg to you) Windows 8 copies and MS/University or both sends you a C&D letter or worse?

You deserve to be banned from posting in tech forums, lest you get the entire forum banned..

Thanks for the help mate i can now run windows store and all Metro UI apps after uninstalling KIS 2013 from my system. But now my system is running without protection .What would you advice do i install it again

you can use win defender which comes with the OS by default :D

- - - Updated - - -

and all those poeple who are sick of going to start menu for launching the program

Try this

http://www.launchy.net/

Back