Windows 8 - Feedback thread

Penny wise, Pound foolish...

It wasn't told to "someone", the information leaked. What if, the University tracks all illegal ip's that activated their now legit (accdg to you) Windows 8 copies and MS/University or both sends you a C&D letter or worse?

You deserve to be banned from posting in tech forums, lest you get the entire forum banned..

then that letter would go to someone in germany,i am in a vpn

then that letter would go to someone in germany,i am in a vpn

LOL, you amaze me. Do you really think a vpn cannot be tracked to its original user?

A little knowledge is dangerous Mr Knowitall. Pray you don't land youself into trouble.

Understand this, what you did is illegal and suggesting that others do it as well, is utter foolishness. If you cannot afford to spend 2,000 rupees on legit software, make good of your presumabely good skill set and find youself a better job...

^^i am in college,and i was only helping those who couldn't buy it like me.i didn't force anyone,how could i?anyway this argument has been beaten to shit pulp.

^^i am in college,and i was only helping those who couldn't buy it like me.i didn't force anyone,how could i?anyway this argument has been beaten to shit pulp.

You did what you thought is right. Not your fault as well.

Guys now cut the crap and forget this issue. Lets move on. Infact I want to discuss about one feature of windows 8. I heard that it has an inbuilt feature of restore and reset, similar to recovery partition like many laptops.

Yes, it has, kind of restore factory defaults setting. Never tried it though since I'm on dual boot, couldn't risk it :p

You did what you thought is right. Not your fault as well.

Guys now cut the crap and forget this issue. Lets move on. Infact I want to discuss about one feature of windows 8. I heard that it has an inbuilt feature of restore and reset, similar to recovery partition like many laptops.

Guys, where is the link for the 699 offer. Also I want to DL the ISO and then install it later on using the Win USB tool builder application. Is that possible..? Do not want to install off the DT.

Guys, where is the link for the 699 offer. Also I want to DL the ISO and then install it later on using the Win USB tool builder application. Is that possible..? Do not want to install off the DT.
Windows Upgrade Offer - Landing Page

Yes you can create an ISO file, at the end the upgrade assistant will give you an option to either install now, or create an media using USB drive or create an ISO.
After the purchase it will also send you an email, which contains a link to an application which will allow you to download the upgrade media at any later point.

Windows Upgrade Offer - Landing Page

Yes you can create an ISO file, at the end the upgrade assistant will give you an option to either install now, or create an media using USB drive or create an ISO.
After the purchase it will also send you an email, which contains a link to an application which will allow you to download the upgrade media at any later point.

Okay thanks. What should I put as purchase date. My netbook is like 2 years old.

Okay thanks. What should I put as purchase date. My netbook is like 2 years old.
You are probably late by a couple of days, as far as I know currently MS is verifying that the Win7 license was activated after June 2nd 2012.
You can try your luck with any date after June 2nd.

You are probably late by a couple of days, as far as I know currently MS is verifying that the Win7 license was activated after June 2nd 2012.
You can try your luck with any date after June 2nd.

How can they check the MS license date. I plan to DL on my gaming rig, and then copy the media to USB host and mount on the netbook. Are not all isolated systems. Plus on clean install from the BIOS it will over ride all settings. Or am I missing something. Will the installer actually deep dive and check installation of existent Win 7, irrespective where installing.

How can they check the MS license date. I plan to DL on my gaming rig, and then copy the media to USB host and mount on the netbook. Are not all isolated systems. Plus on clean install from the BIOS it will over ride all settings. Or am I missing something. Will the installer actually deep dive and check installation of existent Win 7, irrespective where installing.
When you register successfully at https://www.windowsupgradeoffer.com/en-IN/Registration it will send you a promo code, which you have to enter while purchasing via the Upgrade Assistant.
Now to get the promo code, while registering it will ask for your Windows 7 product key and then does some validation and tells you if you are eligible or not. Probably check when the key was activated.

Couple of days back MS was not asking for the Win 7 key

^^
It is calling my keys as invalid or something. Any way I can get Win8 buy just buying it, and able to DL the media.

^^i also have an extra promo code with me,someone just gave it to me on MDL.the promo code reduces the price to 699 in the windows upgrade assistant.i will never use it(hey i already did the hanky-panky-oopsy-doopsy) so probably you should take it from me as oracle might use it and as such he'd waste his code.

@ TheOracle and Sudhanshu123:
Thanks a lot to both for the offer. This means, I can just DL the media from somewhere, and plug in the keys you all give...? Let me know, will pick the key first from Oracle; since he offered first....! :)

@ TheOracle and Sudhanshu123:
Thanks a lot to both for the offer. This means, I can just DL the media from somewhere, and plug in the keys you all give...? Let me know, will pick the key first from Oracle; since he offered first....!

^NO NO,download the upgrade assistant and input this promo code there,it will reduce the price to 699 and then you can buy and upgrade.the promo code isn't an all out key code.cheers.you are on win 7 so just get the promo code from me or oracle and download upgrade assistant as i said before,input the code,price will be reduced to 699 and you will be able to buy win 8 pro and upgrade,the process will be automated i suppose(and you won't get the option to even choose the partition on which win 8 installs).

Back