Which one - WDTV (Rs 5475) Or WDTV Live (Rs 6582) ?

HailStonE said:
PlayOn HD price.. From eBay link..

eBay India: A.C. Ryan PlayOn!HD Media Player - MKV, Wifi Streamer (item 120578077099 end time 02-Jul-2010 11:59:43 IST)

Also a link to compare feature with PlyOn Mini.... from distri website

Products

SPECIAL DEAL ON THE PLAYONHD... Rs.10k shipped... no wifi antenna included however... lemme know for queries
stormblast said:
i am using the playon mini hd. its really good & the playback is perfect.

using the playon with the xtreamer wifi antenna
good going !!

ujas said:
please can any one tell me how is this player compared to playon hd

EAGET TECHNOLOGY - Easy Data, Easy Life!
I am not able to see the above link since the websense here filtered under category "Category: Lingerie and Swimsuit" ... :wtf:

If it is a eaget M880 then i own this player for past 8-9 months and had bought it at that time for under 5K rupees..total VFM. Just that i had bought it during my stay in China so dont know how to get it here now.

ujas said:
please can any one tell me how is this player compared to playon hd

EAGET TECHNOLOGY - Easy Data, Easy Life!
raks can guide you best, but from what i gather from his posts i understand the remote has chinese labeling so maybe not so user friendly. i own a playonhd and can vouch for it. first it is a big problem getting this here out of china. secondly no known warranty. i would suggest you spend 7.7k and buy the playon mini... few peeps on this thread have bought it and can share their views here for you.

Rightly said by Dheeraj,the remote i have has all chinese labelling. But they had sent a CD along with the m880 which had a manual in chinese as well as english. The english one had a pic of the remote with all english labels so i took a printout of them and have kept for reference. Now i have got used to most of the buttons so that is not an issues.

Initially i was given an english remote but its look was different and it did not have the four coloured buttons required for accessing stuff related to torrenting.So i returned back and got a new chinese remote.

I have been using this eaget M880 for quiet a long time and am completely satisfied. It plays almost all formats (does not play WMV for some reason :S).

Have watched 720p and 1080p movies in its full glory. With latest Firmware update it also supports Youtube and Youku (chinese video sharing website where even hindi / english stuff is available)

Only con is that the internet radio has all pre configured chinese radio stations, earlier it had shoutcast but not any more. Since i dont use it much often i really am not concerned. I feel that at less than 5k price point i got a total VFM player and combined with a 1TB HDD i got the combo to like less than 10k rupees IIRC.

I had once tried to flash it with the POHD firmware but the firmware was too smart to detect that the player is not POHD. Reason i tried this was because earlier POHD firmwares were possible to port on the M880.

i guess nationite hdvp2 is a great option at 6k with wifi adapter free

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i am also interested in a GO if u can get the wdtv live for cheap

sorry havent read the whole thread

@psynaps3

you cant get it in hyderabad... the Indian franchise is a retailer in Bangalore who sells this unit for 7700 shipped to anywhere in india with a 1 year warranty... lemme know incase you need his details... infact re-read this thread there would be his number posted by my somewhere...

@dheerajjotwani

Bhai, Any update if Mini supports torrent downloading now ?

I am stuck with transfer of warranty for WDTV Live from US to India.

Praks said:
@dheerajjotwani

Bhai, Any update if Mini supports torrent downloading now ?

I am stuck with transfer of warranty for WDTV Live from US to India.
mini with its beta f/w is testing torrents... official f/w with torrents is closer than ever... but yet to be released !

bought a playon after reading dheerajjotwani comments and advise on this thread
installed a 1 tb WB green in it
put some 1080 movies and they were awsome on a sony lcd
now waiting for more movies to be downloaded
thanks dheerajjotwani
very happy with my purchase
picked it up from Bangalore shop

@dheerajjotwani,

Is this the contact person - Mr. Ranga - 09880848036? I tried calling him but no one was picking up the call.

Plus, which company handles the warranty?

Got a call back from Mr. Ranga. Price quoted was 7700 for the Mini. I'll probably be going for this tomorrow.

He had mentioned that the following are the features that were not available on the Mini.

- Internal HDD

- Torrent (will be soon available through updated firmware)

- NAT

- SD card

- Co-axial out

Warranty mentioned was for 2 years.

Their website is HD Media Player, AC Ryan India, Play on HD India, True HD media players

kuduku said:
bought a playon after reading dheerajjotwani comments and advise on this thread

installed a 1 tb WB green in it

put some 1080 movies and they were awsome on a sony lcd

now waiting for more movies to be downloaded

thanks dheerajjotwani

very happy with my purchase

picked it up from Bangalore shop

glad i could help... it is a neat product... and for the price which initially seems high, but for the feature set and product, is quite a deal !

psynaps3 said:
@dheerajjotwani,

Is this the contact person - Mr. Ranga - 09880848036? I tried calling him but no one was picking up the call.

Plus, which company handles the warranty?

Got a call back from Mr. Ranga. Price quoted was 7700 for the Mini. I'll probably be going for this tomorrow.

He had mentioned that the following are the features that were not available on the Mini.

- Internal HDD

- Torrent (will be soon available through updated firmware)

- NAT

- SD card

- Co-axial out

Warranty mentioned was for 2 years.

Their website is HD Media Player, AC Ryan India, Play on HD India, True HD media players

glad this is proving to be a accepted choice... of the differences in pohd and pohd mini, the better things which we actually will use are NAS and torrents. this has been already implemented in beta f/w of mini and should soon find its way onto the mini...

do post reviews here so others can decide too...

dheerajjotwani said:
glad this is proving to be a accepted choice... of the differences in pohd and pohd mini, the better things which we actually will use are NAS and torrents. this has been already implemented in beta f/w of mini and should soon find its way onto the mini... ..
I am also planning to purchase HD media player. I was confused between pohd and pohd mini. But as you are saying, beta f/w of mini now comes with torrent and NAS support. Then I should go in for pohd mini only. what say?

Other player I am considering is WD live and xtreamer? Since these all three are almost of same price, which one is recommended?

Praks said:
Major update on WDTV Live Firmware - WDLXTV-Live-0.4.2.1

B-RAD

* youtubeHD fix

* rtorrent-0.8.6-1 included

* rutorrent-3.0 included
excellent writeup of changelog... i shall be flashing this f/w for two friends, both wdtv live owners... will post results and observations once done

If B-RAD was not there, wonder who will take WDTV Live ;)

Dheerajbhai, Please post your review on torrent downloading on WDTV Live.

Also tell which is better - rtorrent-0.8.6-1 OR rutorrent-3.0 ?

Praks said:
If B-RAD was not there, wonder who will take WDTV Live ;)

Dheerajbhai, Please post your review on torrent downloading on WDTV Live.

Also tell which is better - rtorrent-0.8.6-1 OR rutorrent-3.0 ?
i certainly will... before i do that lemme clear ur doubt... rtorrent is a torrent downloading command line software. to be able to control it using a gui we have the rutorrent utility... this just about makes it look like utorrent and control the rtorrent dameon that runs on the wdtv live in this case...

Back