Which one - WDTV (Rs 5475) Or WDTV Live (Rs 6582) ?

Praks

Skilled
Hi all,

Please share your opinion on WDTV Or WDTV Live.

I have gone through all the mods of WDTV & found DVD ROM can be used with it. However not sure if WDTV can be used to download torrents.

Can anyone confirm if USB Wireless adapter can be connected to WDTV USB port & configured with wireless access point to download using ext HDD ?

Just confirmed with WD Customer care - Even if the WDTV Player is purchased from US, warranty applies to India too, Process is same call them up & they will pick up from home, service it & give you back at home -
All FREE OF COST.

Western Digital WD TV HD Media Player Rs. 5475
Western Digital WD TV Live - Rs. 6582

Anyone interested in GO then give your comments., Can bargain for more pieces. Delivery might take 15-20 days, I am ready to wait as long as I get it cheaper.

Go for WDTV Live, it has got an upgraded sigma chip with faster response and wider media support (Eg: Out of the box DTS downmix support).

If you can get the WDTV Live for that price I am in for one...

Try to get it 6500 shipped...

Too greedy...

at this price i m interested in live version...even though i have wdtv (without live)

too much hassle in converting dts to ac3..though it takes only 10min lol

i guess there are many better players out in market than wdtv live ,but your main concern is only price,you want to get a player below 7k,i believe there is no other choice than wdtv/wdtv live

between wdtv and wdtv live,eyes closed wdtv live

Think once before placing a hand on WDTV

With the amount of bugs,the Asus users are reporting I dont think I would put my money on that. The WDTV's latest revision and the Live have ironed out a lot of glitches. Plus you get the slicker interface and the superior Sigma chipset.

At 6500/-,the Live is still a better deal than the Asus considering it has a vast community support and firmwares,according to me.

I am in,if you decide a GO.

well i have been using xtreamer from the last 5 months and i am very happy with the product. You can check out the product on TE itself as we have a dealer selling the same here.

got mine for rs6700 from dubai last month.....still enjoying it. but wdtv new version also has the powerfull sigma proccy...i think?

Forget these bot, ASUS O PLAY has some good Media player, our very own TE mem is selling it for 6050 shipped :D

Can someone ans this one ?

Can anyone confirm if USB Wireless adapter can be connected to WDTV USB port & configured with wireless access point to download using ext HDD to download torrents. ?

Praks said:
Can someone ans this one ?

Can anyone confirm if USB Wireless adapter can be connected to WDTV USB port & configured with wireless access point to download using ext HDD to download torrents. ?

You can do it with third party firmwares, not with the stock firmware. Check this forum for further details regarding WD TV and WD TV live http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php

@spawnfreak

Yes, It can, It has normal output for CRT Tv as well HDMI for LCD.

@fastraj

Please try the firmware & confirm torrent download on ext HDD. After that I am good to go & we can have a GO on this one.

Back