Which one - WDTV (Rs 5475) Or WDTV Live (Rs 6582) ?

I have finally purchased rcryan Playon hd along with xtreamer 11N wireless antenna (Xtreamer.Net - WIFI USB Antenna). :) Please advise which wifi router I should purchase, so that I can stream online contents and contents from PC wirelessly. I have MTNL broadband connection.

@dheeraj: if you can share some tutorial/ tip and tricks for this player?

mohit1981 said:
I have finally purchased rcryan Playon hd along with xtreamer 11N wireless antenna (Xtreamer.Net - WIFI USB Antenna). :) Please advise which wifi router I should purchase, so that I can stream online contents and contents from PC wirelessly. I have MTNL broadband connection.

i am currently using the same setup u mentioned (playon hd mini with xtreamer antenna). I am stilling using my old netgear wgr614 router. any good G router is enough for streaming regular content wireless.

Streaming hd content wirelessly is where the problem starts. Am planning to get the netgear wndr3700 soon.

You can use ps3 media server on your pc to share the files. its really very easy & straightforward, dont think you will need a tutorial

mohit1981 said:

well the thing is that this player has ultimate out of the box functionality... i follow the A.C. Ryan • Index page to stay upto beat with whats happening. a few things however a must do would be:

1. download and install and stay on hacked f/w v2901... i have posted link of this f/w on the forum in my signature... if u need a direct link, lemme know

2. ensure you use a static ip when configuring the network settings on the box... dhcp has been known to be a flop at times...

3. convert the internal hdd to ext3 format... gels better with the native linux that runs on the box.

4. then there is this ordeal of loading optware to turn this box up a notch... all will happen... one at a time

stormblast said:
i am currently using the same setup u mentioned (playon hd mini with xtreamer antenna). I am stilling using my old netgear wgr614 router. any good G router is enough for streaming regular content wireless.

Streaming hd content wirelessly is where the problem starts. Am planning to get the netgear wndr3700 soon.

You can use ps3 media server on your pc to share the files. its really very easy & straightforward, dont think you will need a tutorial
yup... a good router makes a difference when it comes to streaming... quality of network... proximity from the router if using wifi... everything determines the media playback... if possible go for a wired lan connect. in that case, even a g router would suffice... nahin to you would need a nice high powered n router.

sharing and playing back media files from your computer on the pohd is perhaps the simplest of tasks to accomplish. first enable file and printer sharing for the drive/folder you have ur media on. then on the pohd settings, turn samba on. then on ur computer>network neighbourhood you would see the inetrnal drive pop up as shared. similarly on the network tab in the browser on pohd u can browse your networked computers and shared folders/drives... select and play anything u like

@dheeraj - which firmware would you recommend for the playon hd mini. if possible provide me with a link.

also is there any 5ghz wireless usb antenna compatible with the ac ryan hd mini.

thanks

1. download and install and stay on hacked f/w v2901... i have posted link of this f/w on the forum in my signature... if u need a direct link, lemme know
My software version i 7.0.6 r4318 ( I am using plyon HD and not mini). Should I still download and install and stay on hacked f/w v2901? I am unable to search for you in acryan forum!! Doe hacked firmware void the warranty and can it be replaced by official firmware whenever we ever want?

Well, as for the router thing, since I have xtreamer 11N antenna, should I go for N router ( eBay India: Belkin N150 Enhanced Wireless Router : save 47% OFF (item 160457011850 end time 15-Aug-2010 17:09:15 IST)) or G router will also work with this antenna. Recommendation on brand to stream from PC and from internet on TV through playon will be useful.

I am also facing the display issue with playon. Please advise on that also :: A.C. Ryan • View topic - Newly purchased playon!HD:: facing Display problem

@dheerajjotwani: Can we start another topic related exclusively for playon player?

stormblast said:
@dheeraj - which firmware would you recommend for the playon hd mini. if possible provide me with a link.

also is there any 5ghz wireless usb antenna compatible with the ac ryan hd mini.

thanks
well i would suggest you stick to the most recent official f/w released for the mini... what are your network statistics... distance b.w router and pohd, connectivity and quality of network... see i still use a 5 year old buffalo router about 15 ft away from the pohd hooked up with the acryan wifi dongle... havnt had issues with any stutter for HD 720/1080p mkvs... what doesnt run very well on wifi is the torrent client which is yet to come to mini...

i aint aware of any 5ghz dongle... i think the one shipping is 2.5ghz with 300mbps connectivity

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

mohit1981 said:
My software version i 7.0.6 r4318 ( I am using plyon HD and not mini). Should I still download and install and stay on hacked f/w v2901? I am unable to search for you in acryan forum!! Doe hacked firmware void the warranty and can it be replaced by official firmware whenever we ever want?

Well, as for the router thing, since I have xtreamer 11N antenna, should I go for N router ( eBay India: Belkin N150 Enhanced Wireless Router : save 47% OFF (item 160457011850 end time 15-Aug-2010 17:09:15 IST)) or G router will also work with this antenna. Recommendation on brand to stream from PC and from internet on TV through playon will be useful.

I am also facing the display issue with playon. Please advise on that also :: A.C. Ryan • View topic - Newly purchased playon!HD:: facing Display problem

@dheerajjotwani: Can we start another topic related exclusively for playon player?
you can flash any f/w you want... whenever you want... v4318 is beta i think... now if u dont want to setup ftp/ transmission torrent etc on ur pohd then stick to v3815. nahin to d/l and isntall v2901 from my siggy on acryan....

follow my post above for determining the network reqmt... selecting a router will become easier then...

i just replied to your thread on acryan forums... with a few tips to resolve ur issues... and i dont mind starting a thread here... infact i would just start one...

dheerajjotwani said:
i just replied to your thread on acryan forums... with a few tips to resolve ur issues... and i dont mind starting a thread here... infact i would just start one...
dheerajbhai, I am still unable to resolve the issue. :( Aab kya karu?. Also posted the reply on acryan forum...

mohit1981 said:
dheerajbhai, I am still unable to resolve the issue. :( Aab kya karu?. Also posted the reply on acryan forum...
well on your suggestion i started a new thread on media players ... as for your problem i will follow it on acryan forum

dheerajjotwani said:
well on your suggestion i started a new thread on media players ... as for your problem i will follow it on acryan forum
oh that is great :) !!!!!! Please list your guides and how to get more out of this player tips and tricks, which is easy even for novice users. Thanks for the initiative.

For the problem, I will follow up with your update as to how to resolve the issue on acryan form.

Has anyone tried Sony's new Blu Ray Player available for 10K. It supports lot of video formats and USB Hard Disk. Is this a good option.
Any idea about seagate HD theatre and Iomega media player

dheerajjotwani said:
SPECIAL DEAL ON THE PLAYONHD... Rs.10k shipped... no wifi antenna included however... lemme know for queries

good going !!
Hi Deeraj
Is this deal still available. What is the price of wifi antenna.
Some where in this forum i saw someone mentioning that he got the Playon HD with the wifi for 10,500 on a bulk deal of 5 nos.

mebaali said:
Go for WDTV Live, it has got an upgraded sigma chip with faster response and wider media support (Eg: Out of the box DTS downmix support).

sry for this but are you sure WDTC live has downmix supports for a .mkv file with DTS codec to 2 Channel Stereo (LCD Stereo) if yes then this product is worth it as i can see loads of .mkv as i dont have a dts decorder amplifier.. WDTV live users please confirm this.. thank is advance with your reply...

thomasalex72 said:
Has anyone tried Sony's new Blu Ray Player available for 10K. It supports lot of video formats and USB Hard Disk. Is this a good option.
Any idea about seagate HD theatre and Iomega media player
Hi Deeraj
Is this deal still available. What is the price of wifi antenna.
Some where in this forum i saw someone mentioning that he got the Playon HD with the wifi for 10,500 on a bulk deal of 5 nos.

There seems to be a group-buy currently going on in hifivision dot com for PlayOn Media Player (latest including wifi dongle!!. Anyone interested can get their hands on in this wonderful opportunity. Playon at discounted price!!! Item is shipped to all parts in india

If anyone is interested in my 1.25 yrs old WDTV PM me ....for arnd 4750 shipped with 2 meter gold plated HDMI cable bundled free :)...will put it up in Market soon after clocking the pics

Back