Which one - WDTV (Rs 5475) Or WDTV Live (Rs 6582) ?

I have decided to shelf the idea of the speakers for now... Very keen on style and neither Altec nor logitech look good... I will buy JBL when I have some more money!

Anyways... DHEERAJ Bhai.... I need to convert my Playon mini to a Download box... Can't use it just to plug USB... Will u start your crashcourse on what all I need to buy and how to use its torrent client?

Playon mini does not support torrent on ext USB, Correct me if I am wrong :)

Thats the reason I didnt take it. Waiting for updated quote on WDTV Live from my vendor.

@Ripper, Bro, X 540 really looks good.

See here - bmbtech.com.au/shop/shop/images/Logitech X-540 Speakers.jpg

guys bought the WDTV full HD a couple of weeks back. But there are some bugs in it which has to be corrected. Especially there is no option to skip the movie to a particular time. this is a very essential feature which the WDtv lacks. Moreover when there are multiple video files and if we play them for just some time and skip to the next file it reverts back to the preview menu. this happens once for every 5 or 6 files...

ripper said:
I have decided to shelf the idea of the speakers for now... Very keen on style and neither Altec nor logitech look good... I will buy JBL when I have some more money!

Anyways... DHEERAJ Bhai.... I need to convert my Playon mini to a Download box... Can't use it just to plug USB... Will u start your crashcourse on what all I need to buy and how to use its torrent client?

there has been a new f/w released for the mini and yes it has the torrent client built in... i dont have the mini so have not tried it... read the forums for the feed back on the new f/w or ask ranga first...

OK Dheeraj Boss... Let me do My initial research with the Playon forums and ranga and shall get back.

@ Praks.... The new f/w can make mini a D/L box....:)... More confusion for u to ponder:D

dheerajjotwani said:
and the beauty is that the play on mini is priced @7700 too and as a player, has won more accolades over the wdtv...

is it available locally in mumbai? i am interested in the playon mini.

also what abt the wifi antenna. is it bundled with the player.

stormblast said:
is it available locally in mumbai? i am interested in the playon mini.

also what abt the wifi antenna. is it bundled with the player.

it is available from a reseller in bangalore... who will ship it for you at no extra cost... and no the wifi antenna is not bundled...

you can consider the m880 to be made available by chetanshah here... it is a clone of the original acryan playonhd... which is priced @11500

dheerajjotwani said:
it is available from a reseller in bangalore... who will ship it for you at no extra cost... and no the wifi antenna is not bundled...

you can consider the m880 to be made available by chetanshah here... it is a clone of the original acryan playonhd... which is priced @11500

Can you give me the contact info of the reseller. thanks.

not interested in the m880, rather get the mini hd as i am looking for something small & there is hardly any diff in price between the 2.

Mr. Ranga - 09880848036

you can give him my reference.

besides the m880 is much more powerful and has the ability to hold an internal disk... the choice is yours though...

I will stick to WDTV Live as I can claim warranty in India too even if its imported from US.

I guess for Play On, that Mr Ranga is the only one i have to hunt around.

Chetan- Thanks for sharing bro. But again paying VAT for china item & that too without any warranty, sending back to china will be again a trouble.

Praks said:
I will stick to WDTV Live as I can claim warranty in India too even if its imported from US.

I guess for Play On, that Mr Ranga is the only one i have to hunt around.

Chetan- Thanks for sharing bro. But again paying VAT for china item & that too without any warranty, sending back to china will be again a trouble.

I think the acryan mini hd has 1year warranty locally. let me know if you are planning to pick it up. I too am considering it over the xtreamer.

stormblast said:
I think the acryan mini hd has 1year warranty locally. let me know if you are planning to pick it up. I too am considering it over the xtreamer.

yup mini has 1 year local warranty... you need to ship the product back to the bangalore office.

I have been following this thread closely for a while now. I am still not sure of what to buy since the discussion here has mostly been on what these players can do apart from playing HD stuff. So can anyone guide me as to which is the best player than can play virtually any format thrown to it? I mean i already have a Downloading Rig and other things so the main function that matters to me is the format compatibility like The AC Ryan Mini has issues playing WMV(or atleast some versions of it) etc.

Almost all players discussed here can play most formats.

WDTV Live, PlayON HD & Eget are few of best. Its just that using them also as download rig will save lots of burden on your PC & saves power.

Back