Storage Solutions Western Digital Issues, RMA problems, Service deficiency Thread.

Got my WD today today, will check tomorrow, if it is brand new or certified repaired one :S

Still i must say that WD rocks in my case, even their CC are very good :)

CA50 said:
Any idea if it is repaired one or a brand new one?? because i too have sent one for RMA

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

EDIT : i shipped my hdd last saturday via afl courier , they just mailed me that they have received my hdd. Now waiting for them to ship a new one :)
Can you tell me how did you you courier ?? Was it yourself or you got a call sort of from AFL that they are coming to pickup ??
I asked Bluedart here and they told they have no intimation about the pickup and when i asked them to send it myself but it will be payed on delivery, they told that flextronics (WD RMA wing i think) will have to shell out more than 1000 rupees for that package incase they dont have an account. Hence i am not able to send it myself too.
The flextronics people just mailed me saying "as per our phone conversation you can send the HDD and we will pay here on delivery"

How do i ensure those guys comes ASAP to collect the HDD ??? Because next to next week i plan to install windows 7 in that HDD and more they delay in accepting, more will be delay in return :mad:
My experience has be sick with WD. They gave me their logistic department number of flextronics but to are useless. Have mailed them numerous times
Suggest something guys

^well mate i came to know that AFL courier handles WD RMA so spoke to muy local branch and told then that i have a parcel for flextronics, which was suppose to be picked up on 25th April, they told me that they will collect it. So i gave them may be on 26th April. And they shipped it to flextronics.
WD received it on 2nd and shipped me a new one on 5th and i got it on 7th :)

CA50 said:
^well mate i came to know that AFL courier handles WD RMA so spoke to muy local branch and told then that i have a parcel for flextronics, which was suppose to be picked up on 25th April, they told me that they will collect it. So i gave them may be on 26th April. And they shipped it to flextronics.

WD received it on 2nd and shipped me a new one on 5th and i got it on 7th :)
I called up AFL for pickup after getting the AFL related code of flextronics (31450204) asked them that i need to send the package. They told me that those flextronics guys need to register a pickup request using this code and then they get another associated code (RMSC or something) and only then they will pickup :mad:

^^Did so and those WD people have mailed AFL asking to do the pickup and have kept 2-3 AFL and flextronics people in CC. Hope someone listens and my drive gets picked up.

^in that case, contact the head of the local AFL courier, don't speak to the stuffs, tell the head that WD have mailed them and asked them to contact WD if necessary

Hey everybody..pls post the customer care number of WD. Also please tell me about their pick up service. I hace two 2Tb HDDs lying around defective.

m-jeri said:
Folks...

rather than waiting for their pickup, just send it yourself. ur drive.

+1 to this.

If you guys dont have the time to wait then this would be the best thing. This option can be chosen when you register for the RMA itself.

DirtDiver said:
Hey everybody..pls post the customer care number of WD. Also please tell me about their pick up service. I hace two 2Tb HDDs lying around defective.
WD toll-free no :

m-jeri said:
Folks...

rather than waiting for their pickup, just send it yourself. ur drive.
eternoMind said:
+1 to this.

If you guys dont have the time to wait then this would be the best thing. This option can be chosen when you register for the RMA itself.
Yes i wanted to opt for this option (not paid by me) but what happened with me and various couriers is....

1. Bluedart - Asks me that WD/Flextronics have to register a pickup request and only then they will accept the drive. Bluedart asked me for Rs 280 if i wanted to ship the drive at my cost.
2. AFL - Same thing
3. DTDC - Gave me customer care no and told they will tell you what to do and moreover i cannot go to any DTDC center and submit the drive, only few selected offices since the corresponding slip are available only at those offices

raksrules said:
Yes i wanted to opt for this option (not paid by me) but what happened with me and various couriers is....

1. Bluedart - Asks me that WD/Flextronics have to register a pickup request and only then they will accept the drive. Bluedart asked me for Rs 280 if i wanted to ship the drive at my cost.

2. AFL - Same thing

3. DTDC - Gave me customer care no and told they will tell you what to do and moreover i cannot go to any DTDC center and submit the drive, only few selected offices since the corresponding slip are available only at those offices
When i say send it urself. i meant PAY AND SEND IT YOURSELF.

raksrules said:
^^Yes that WD guy told me that many customers were complaining about the delay in pickup and hence they started this TO-PAY serivice. Also the CC number that we call have no clue about the actual RMA department stuff as they only give RMA number and dont respond much. I had specifically requested them for bluedart since their office is near to my office (pickup point) and also bluedart guy comes to my office twice a day for courier delivery.

I will ask AFL too as you said. I never knew they may delay so much, as it happened in that case.
Dude ,shoot a mail to their customer care center and make sure you state that you're highly Disappointed .They will do everything to solve your issue .

http://support.wdc.com/warranty/index.asp?wdc_lang=en

Finally the AFL guy came just now and picked up the HDD. Hope the next set of activities is completed soon enough and i get a replacement HDD quickly.

WD Scorpio Blue 320 GB laptop HDD. This HDD actually had come within a hitachi neso external HDD casing. So effectively some chinese company had ripped the name of hitachi and made a sub brand as NESO while the inner HDD was of WD.

I think Hitachi does not recognize the Neso brand at all but the external HDD that i had bought had a proper serial number (on external casing) which ofc the hitachi website said as invalid.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

On a side note now i have a laptop hdd casing lying idle at home and may not be used anytime soon. May be i will just buy another laptop HDD and put inside that.

Seems another fiasco from WD side (i think)

My HDD was picked up on 09th May and delivered on 10th as it can bee seen on this AFL page

2161id.jpg

But their RMA status page shows that they have also delivered my replacement HDD :O:S

I even got the auto generated email from them with the same message. I hope this does not start new set of problems for me :(

Check below screenie.

295tqu9.jpg

Back