Storage Solutions Western Digital Issues, RMA problems, Service deficiency Thread.

My case is also somewhat similar to you but bit different climax

15 - created RMA
22 - dropped drive at their F1 location

In RMA history yet the status is waiting to receive the drive :(

Also I have mailed them to update warranty on my couple of drives on 15th with all the details required and their format asked. But till now warranty have not been updated from their side and in mean time one of my drive gone out of warranty yesterday.

Two different metros - two different types services :(

Had raised RMA for 500 GB Caviar Green on 20th and got pickup date as today(26th)...(Location:Mumbai)
Two days back, confirmed with WD Phone Support that it will be picked up by Fedex on 26th between 3pm and 8pm
Lets see how this goes...:nailbiting:[DOUBLEPOST=1366977014][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok guyz... got a call from BlueDart(as opposed to Fedex lol) for the pickup...
Phew!

With no luck today on warranty updation and lame replies like no stock of 1TB Green to RMA back, I have posted whole matter on WD India FB page. Now lets see how crackers burn

I have a WD 1.5TB Green HDD S.No.WMAVU2770744 which I bought on 21/07/2010 with 5 years warranty. In October, 2012, I noticed that it is a re-certified drive (so late, maybe, because at that time, WD was putting same green stickers on re-certified drives) and I checked the warranty status and it was already expired in 27/10/2010. At that time HDD was working fine.

I have another HDD which was bought around same time and it shows 5 years warranty on WD website. (S.No. WMAVU2656069, same series WMAVU) bought on 10/07/2010 shows warranty valid till 14/04/2015 (This is just to let you guys know that at that time HDDs were indeed coming with 5 years warranty).

At that time HDD was working fine but to get the warranty status updated, I contacted WD, created a case and when asked I mailed them a scanned copy of invoice (VAT paid). And I got this reply:

"We are sorry to inform you that your request to update the warranty on the drive SN: WMAVU2770744 could not be processed, as this is a replacement drive given to a customer, not a prime drive.

There cannot be a purchase receipt for a replacement drive.

Hence, the purchase receipt sent by you is considered to be manipulated and we would not be able to update warranty on the drive.

Kindly contact the place of purchase for any warranty related issues."

Reseller (ALA Computers, Wazirpur, Delhi) says, I should have come at the time of purchase, now his distributor will not listen.

My question is :

1. For which prime drive, they gave this 1.5TB as replacement?
2. What was original warranty duration of the prime drive?
3. I need to know the customer details who got this replacement fone? Was it my reseller?

WD doesn't reply.

I can simply let it go but don't want to do that when I know I am 100% right on my part.

What are my option now?

Attachments

• Copy of WD_HDD.jpg
    Copy of WD_HDD.jpg
    432.9 KB · Views: 286
Had raised RMA for 500 GB Caviar Green on 20th and got pickup date as today(26th)...(Location:Mumbai)
Two days back, confirmed with WD Phone Support that it will be picked up by Fedex on 26th between 3pm and 8pm
Lets see how this goes...:nailbiting:[DOUBLEPOST=1366977014][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok guyz... got a call from BlueDart(as opposed to Fedex lol) for the pickup...
Phew!
I created a support ticket for requesting the rma hdd urgently...and after two calls and 3-4 emails..
The replacement hdd is shipped today via UPS :D
hdd.PNG

Rma created on may 16. I shipped the drive to them on same day, and may 20 th I have the replaced drive on my table.!!!! Wd is getting better !!!!

I raised a rma request and was given a pick up date on 21st and the FedEx guy showed up on the same day. It's for a wd green 500gb internal hdd.

Back