Storage Solutions Western Digital Issues, RMA problems, Service deficiency Thread.

The service by WD is pretty pathetic. Can never reach them on their phone lines. Unfortunately I think that is the case with most hardware products in India.

yes, u can cash invoice is not needed, just check the warranty of your HDD on WD site , if it is still under warranty, you just need to register the product and create your ID, once done you can raise an RMA and the courier will come to pick up the same.

Dushie said:
yes, u can cash invoice is not needed, just check the warranty of your HDD on WD site , if it is still under warranty, you just need to register the product and create your ID, once done you can raise an RMA and the courier will come to pick up the same.
mate which courier generally comes to pick the RMA items??

As i live very close to their pickup center in Bangalore,i always have someone physically coming directly from their center to pick it up and carry the same.Also never faced any issues with RMA have done a couple with WD.

they have tie up with aramex.

last year i had to rma my laptop 500 gb disk 500bevt twice.

it came around in 10 days approx.

both time it was free pick up and drop by aramex in mumbai/.

CA50 said:
thanks mate, i have packed my hdd, any special note on the packing and anything??
Just make sure it is insulated properly, lest any physical damage might occur during its transit from your place to the WD warehouse, in which case you might be denied RMA (very rare occurrence).

Ok i have packed it nicely, it is fixed inside.Is it necessary to include the RMA form inside and should i write the RMA no on the package?

CA50 said:
Ok i have packed it nicely, it is fixed inside.Is it necessary to include the RMA form inside and should i write the RMA no on the package?
Take print out of the RMA Pre-mailer and stick it on top of the package. It has all the necessary info, i.e. your address, Flexitronic's address, RMA no and IIRC HDD model number.

only the rma number and the HDD model no is not clear, but i have written in on the package as well, will that be a problem

Back