The Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus Thread.

got this phone from here......for 24k using ICICI coupon

BRAND NEW SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS -I9250 (TITANIUM SILVER)- | eBay

he sent me takju version with google wallet......and 4.0.4 installed.........when connected to wifi ...immediately updated to 4.1........fully satisfied:yahoo:

I have been following that listing for quite some time now. They guy is offering no seller/dealer warranty. That is the only reason pulling me back. I talked to him and he said I can offer you the phone outside of ebay + 15 day testing warranty for 24.5k (at that time the listing was for 25k). I said for Rs.500 I cannot lose my Paisapay return policy which is a safer and legal method to return goods. Anyhow, great deal. I think you didn't enter the ongoing Independence Day deal. They're giving away a Netgear Wireless Modem.

Still, awesome buy. Enjoy :)

Guys, apart from the S-line TPU case mentioned a few times in the thread, what other cases are you people using?
Also, what screen protector is good? The curved screen seems to be a problem. I need one which covers maximum surface, as close to edge as possible.

Guys, apart from the S-line TPU case mentioned a few times in the thread, what other cases are you people using?
Also, what screen protector is good? The curved screen seems to be a problem. I need one which covers maximum surface, as close to edge as possible.

I got a screen protector locally that covers the complete phone(I said phone not screen :p),not an inch is exposed
Currently using the TPU case from cruzerlite - Amazon.com: Clear - Cruzer Lite Androidified A2 High Gloss TPU Soft Gel Skin Case - For Galaxy Nexus by Samsung (SCH-i515 & GT-i9250 & SPH-L700): Cell Phones & Accessories

If you are interested in that case lemme know,I'm planning to sell it

I got a screen protector locally that covers the complete phone(I said phone not screen :p),not an inch is exposed
Currently using the TPU case from cruzerlite - Amazon.com: Clear - Cruzer Lite Androidified A2 High Gloss TPU Soft Gel Skin Case - For Galaxy Nexus by Samsung (SCH-i515 & GT-i9250 & SPH-L700): Cell Phones & Accessories

Sorry for going a bit off-topic, but I really want to know.
How you get it in here? Does seller ship across India?
I do lot of shopping on ebay.com but I rarely find any seller on amazon who ships to India. Please guide :)
And how to find out which seller ships to India? I cannot see the option untill I checkout and select my address.

I got this for myself recently. It seems to be slightly bulky but looks really nice IMO.

Amazon.com: EMPIRE® Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 Armor Series Case Cover (White) [EMPIRE® Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Bro i am using the simple soft jelly case by amzer ordered through infibeam on COD. For Rs.230 it does a decent job. Saw one on flipkart for Rs.215 :p

Its a very ohkish fit, not tight nor very lose. Though i want the diztronic case for the Gnex. Not getting anywhere at a reasonable price. :(

Bro i am using the simple soft jelly case by amzer ordered through infibeam on COD. For Rs.230 it does a decent job. Saw one on flipkart for Rs.215 :p

Its a very ohkish fit, not tight nor very lose. Though i want the diztronic case for the Gnex. Not getting anywhere at a reasonable price. :(

Let me know if you find the Diztronic case! Would like to check it out.

I hate any cases and screen protectors and I guess I'll be using this phone without it too.
Anyways, first thing is I need to buy the phone first. :p

Let me know if you find the Diztronic case! Would like to check it out.

I hate any cases and screen protectors and I guess I'll be using this phone without it too.
Anyways, first thing is I need to buy the phone first. :p

I had the same thoughts, but then keeping the phone on hard surfaces actually creates marks on it's a** ( the bulging part on it's behind), so eventually bought a hard case, but again it was creating marks on the edges. So ended up with this now. Though diztronics look umm hmm.

And yeah, buy the Gnex bro, its an awesome phone for the price. Yes, though do consider the quads if you have the moolah. ;)

Funny looking case lol, may be interested if the price is right. PM me.

Hello
I ordered Ballistic Case for Nexus i9250 and Rock HD&AS screen guard and let me tell you this is a deadly combo. Case added little bulk but feel very safe. You guys can check drop test of this case on youtube.

Hey Guys, anyone here know how to unlock the Galaxy nexus? Also, once its unlocked would it be as good as factory unlocked piece or has its own issues?

^^I dont have it. There is a guy selling one, says he bought it from Australia and needs a code to unlock it for use in India. I get the feeling that it could be CDMA but cant say for sure. Awaiting his reply about the same.

The Galaxy Nexus is now available in Samsung stores in India officiallyfor Rs 25,990. It comes with 4.1 onboard

A0e5gY-CcAEWG2R.jpg

The Galaxy Nexus is now available in Samsung stores in India officiallyfor Rs 25,990. It comes with 4.1 onboard

A0e5gY-CcAEWG2R.jpg

nope.. this is some imported piece being sold by a shop in bangalore.. I jumped too whem I saw the post on some blog but official samsung update is no nexus in india still..
:banghead:

This is all a hoax, GNex will never be launched in India...
At least as of now, Samsung will face a huge loss if that happens
S3 and Note sales will go down

Guys I need some honest opinions. I was (still am) planning to get an iPhone 4 / 4S as I really like to use iOS. I am talking about user experience. I know next iPhone might be out of budget.
From pure user experience how good is jelly bean ? Not taking sides but iOS user experience (forget features and restrictions) Is very very good at least for me. It feels super snappy and I just love it.
The only thing I detest for android is the lag in UI. It's a huge turn off for me. But I am someone using ICS on a 2010 phone (ZTE blade)
Does jelly bean on nexus as snappy as google wants us to believe ? User experiences will be appreciated.
I am looking at something under 400$ and will be buying from USA. Not considering the s3 as of now.
Btw I am not at all interested in multiple cores and all and also don't want to get into custom ROM mess. Want to use on
Stock OS. I am ok with the 16Gb that nexus (or iPhone) provides. I dont play much games on phone.

PS: please dont make this fight of ios vs android.

Guys I need some honest opinions. I was (still am) planning to get an iPhone 4 / 4S as I really like to use iOS. I am talking about user experience. I know next iPhone might be out of budget.
From pure user experience how good is jelly bean ? Not taking sides but iOS user experience (forget features and restrictions) Is very very good at least for me. It feels super snappy and I just love it.
The only thing I detest for android is the lag in UI. It's a huge turn off for me. But I am someone using ICS on a 2010 phone (ZTE blade)
Does jelly bean on nexus as snappy as google wants us to believe ? User experiences will be appreciated.
I am looking at something under 400$ and will be buying from USA. Not considering the s3 as of now.
Btw I am not at all interested in multiple cores and all and also don't want to get into custom ROM mess. Want to use on
Stock OS. I am ok with the 16Gb that nexus (or iPhone) provides. I dont play much games on phone.

PS: please dont make this fight of ios vs android.

I won't be commenting on how iOS runs as i have never owned a device that has it
Now,coming to android device
The main reason why android seems to be laggy is because of its GUI,now i'm NOT talking about the stock Google ROM

I mean look at other manufactures that release android smartphones...samsung has TouchWiz,Motorola has BlurUI,HTC has Sense UI etc...
All these are modification done on the stock ROM's provided by Google with extra or sometimes unnecessary apps plus some modification to the overall look,that is not what google provides these vendors

You will find the stock ROM by google a lot snappier than either of these UI modifications
Honestly,Jellybean has the fastest UI experience when it comes to all previous android version ever released
Its stable,fast and simply butter

So,i don't feel android lags at all....its just these custom UI's and launchers that are provided by various maufactures/vendors that make it lag which in turn affects the overall user experience
I hope,this helps :)

Back