The Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus Thread.

Done rooting, unlocking boot loader and installing clockworkmod on phone.

But what is this takju/yakju funda. I just checked and my device is yakjujp(middle east gsm device). Can i install any GSM ROM?

Also the wifi reception is quite bad. My old Samsung Galaxy Spica has better reception compared to this. Anyone else facing this issue

Yakju is the offical international GSM model and then it has counterparts(Non-Yakju) like Yakjujp,the one that you got depending on the region where its actually based(So basically its not an international model)
Now,instead for installing a custom ROM i would suggest flashing a Yakju 4.0.4 offical image from google,this will convert your device from a non-yakju to yakju and make it eligible for all the OTA updates for yakju

Yakju is the offical international GSM model and then it has counterparts(Non-Yakju) like Yakjujp,the one that you got depending on the region where its actually based(So basically its not an international model)
Now,instead for installing a custom ROM i would suggest flashing a Yakju 4.0.4 offical image from google,this will convert your device from a non-yakju to yakju and make it eligible for all the OTA updates for yakju

Ok now i get it. So just flashing the official yakju google rom will change from yakjujp to yakju.Then i can either update automatically from google updates or install custom ROMs.

How is your wifi reception. Mine is pretty bad. I see many users are complaining about it. Hopefully it is a software issue. Does baseband have just the radio(gsm,3g) part or does it have the wifi drivers aswell. In that case i can try someother baseband

Ok now i get it. So just flashing the official yakju google rom will change from yakjujp to yakju.Then i can either update automatically from google updates or install custom ROMs.

How is your wifi reception. Mine is pretty bad. I see many users are complaining about it. Hopefully it is a software issue. Does baseband have just the radio(gsm,3g) part or does it have the wifi drivers aswell. In that case i can try someother baseband

Never has issues with WiFi reception nor with signal strength(Maybe just once when i tried 3G,but that was the service provider and not the phone)
Baseband has only radio drivers,WiFi drivers are completely different

Try flashing the offical 4.0.4 image from google for yakju and see if it makes any difference
You can use the Toolkit to flash the image

Never has issues with WiFi reception nor with signal strength(Maybe just once when i tried 3G,but that was the service provider and not the phone)
Baseband has only radio drivers,WiFi drivers are completely different

Try flashing the offical 4.0.4 image from google for yakju and see if it makes any difference
You can use the Toolkit to flash the image

Yash, would you be able to put up a linkie to the website which has the guide to flash to the official google yakju rom? I just picked up a white G.Nex, wanna flash it up ASAP and then update to JB! I'd really appreciate a linkie that'll have step by step instructions for an out of the box phone.

Thanks!

Yash, would you be able to put up a linkie to the website which has the guide to flash to the official google yakju rom? I just picked up a white G.Nex, wanna flash it up ASAP and then update to JB! I'd really appreciate a linkie that'll have step by step instructions for an out of the box phone.

Thanks!

You can use my guide here - http://www.techenclave.com/guides-tutorials/guide-rooting-unlocking-your-samsung-132840/
Or head over to Samsung Galaxy Nexus - xda-developers

Black magnetic flip carry case pouch cover for Samsung Galaxy S2 SII i9100 | eBay

Does the above case suits galaxy nexus??????

or
i have to buy this....Black magnetic flip carry case cover for Samsung Galaxy Google Nexus Prime i9250 | eBay

therez almost 200rs variation in price and both the phones' size is almost same.......confused

The S2 case won't fit your GNex
I have that black magnetic case for GNex bought from the same seller and if you want it lemme know,i don't use it at all

Hi Guys, I just bought a Nexus I9250 2 Days back. Following are the hardware problems i would like to get solutions:
The speaker phone volume is too low, In call volume also low using earphone compared to other devices, wifi and cell signal strength half of my s2, call drops a lot on same netwotk provider as my s2. Pls advise

manish1c

Speaker volume too low - AFAIK Its a problem on all galaxy nexus. Try some roms which has DSP manager, Or try some apps like volume+

Wifi Issue - I have seen few users reporting this. Even i have terrible wifi reception. Still no solution. You can probably try out different kernels.

Signal Strength issue - Again many users are reporting this. Even on my galaxy nexus the signal keeps fluctuating, esp 3G. But i dont face call drops. So i am ok with it. Try changing basebands till you are satisfied.

If you have warranty(which i dont in my case) show it to the shop owner and try to get a replacement. Head over to xda, there are many threads on these issues

Hi I dont have any warranty on my phone.
Is it a hardware related or software related issue.
Volume + has helped in the volume. Buy wifi and signal strenght are half of my other fone using same service provider.
Pls help. Should i change my fone and get another android. Any suggestions

manish1c

Speaker volume too low - AFAIK Its a problem on all galaxy nexus. Try some roms which has DSP manager, Or try some apps like volume+

Wifi Issue - I have seen few users reporting this. Even i have terrible wifi reception. Still no solution. You can probably try out different kernels.

Signal Strength issue - Again many users are reporting this. Even on my galaxy nexus the signal keeps fluctuating, esp 3G. But i dont face call drops. So i am ok with it. Try changing basebands till you are satisfied.

If you have warranty(which i dont in my case) show it to the shop owner and try to get a replacement. Head over to xda, there are many threads on these issues

Hi Guys, I just bought a Nexus I9250 2 Days back. Following are the hardware problems i would like to get solutions:
The speaker phone volume is too low, In call volume also low using earphone compared to other devices, wifi and cell signal strength half of my s2, call drops a lot on same netwotk provider as my s2. Pls advise

Only the low speaker volume can be categorized as "Hardware Problems" others are NOT hardware issues
And if you technically look at this,the speaker itself is built in such as way that it produces low volume by default so you can't really call it a problem,it how the phone's suppose to sound

manish1c

Volume+ is much better than DSPManager
WiFi and Signal issues are not due to physical problems,Signal strength is normally due to the baseband version but honsetly i have never faced any signal strength issues so far even when i first upgraded to 4.0.4 which is where the issue initially started due to the baseband in 4.0.4
Wifi has never given me probs at all
Could be possible that the WiFi drivers might have gone corrupt,doing a "clean" install should fix that

Still no official JB update on mine.
Is it true that many apps are not working on JB?

No,its just a few handfull apps that are yet to be optimized for JB(Most of the apps you might not even care abt)
Till yesterday i had alot of crashes on Whatsapp,they brought a new version for JB crashes and its all fine now
But majority of your apps found in Google Play would work fine except just a few maybe

Hmm I hope this official update reaches me soon as am not comfortable rooting and shooting the phone.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Just an offtopic q @YashBhatt were you on DP forums too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm I hope this official update reaches me soon as am not comfortable rooting and shooting the phone.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Just an offtopic q @YashBhatt were you on DP forums too?

Huh??whts DP,never heard of it before ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Back