The Personal Hygiene Thread!

Re: Which deo is better?

blr_p said:
Thats an altogether different debate. Standards in India are little bit looser than abroad. Here you can make your products into something else just with the right choice of words & visuals. Healthy 'looking' hair as opposed to healthy hair etc.

This will take consumer agitations to change.

There was a famous case in the US where Campbells soup used marbles in one of their ads, got taken to court by their competition and ended up being banned from making any ads in the US for twenty years.

So you can see there is quite a difference in how things are over there compared to here.
Very true. The ad companies in India can be held completely responsible for this, let alone to a certain extent. Indian MNC's should've hired international advertising agencies and have them literally translate the Western Ads to suit our multi-cultural tastes in the mid 90's.

i never use any kind of Deo's or Perfumes the y makes me feel really nauseous

i am naturally odorless but my colleagues dont seem to think the same :ashamed:

I use axe deos especially dark tempation.

I am allergic to perfumes and they cause severe headache to me

But one of my freind uses hugo boss perfume which does not cause headache to me . I want to try it out

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

kestrel5915 said:
What?? :crazy:

What has this world come to? :eek:

So did you try the unfinished one? :muahaha:
Of course i did, what is the problem ?

All unfinished means its not a nice cuboid shape but a rough rock, not a problem, just sanded over the rough edges and it works great. Its translucent which the finished alum blocks you get are never like. They tend to be whitish.

Look, i'm not sure what these shops are called but they have all sorts of traditional medecine as well. The guy who sold it to me knew quite a lot which beats the usual deadbeats you meet in your usual health & glo.

For excessive skin dryness instead of using Vaseline body lotion try using a lotion containing Aloe Vera and Vitamin E such as:
Elovera lotion
or
Dewsoft lotion
or
NMFe lotion
or
Hidrate lotion

sid_donnydarko said:
The ad companies in India can be held completely responsible for this, let alone to a certain extent.
I wouldn't blame the ad companies alone, they are only doing what the law allows them to get away it. Its the law that needs to be tightened. This is a tricky issue.

More Recent Example

A popular cereal company is settling a class action lawsuit over false advertising by paying back consumers. Kellogg's is offering $5 per box to people who bought Rice Krispies or Cocoa Krispies between June of 2009 and March 1, 2010.

Advertising for those cereals claimed they support your immune system, although there's not enough evidence to prove that claim.

Kellogg's settling class action lawsuit | abc30.com

Here's another thing that bugs me. Notice that very few items have a 'best before date' anymore. Now, they include a manufacture date, you then have to read on the packet in tiny print how many months AFTER the manufacture date the product is good for.

Before you had one date to look at now its, find the manufacture date, figure out how long after it is good for, add that up and then you know what the expiry date is.

Since when did this nonsense become acceptable :huh:

The olive oil suggestion is good. If dry skin is that serious problem u can consider having fish-oils regularly. See a doctor first. Dove works great for me. My skin is also dry.

sid_donnydarko said:
4) When on your way out lightly apply some perfume over your clothes(not skin directly). You can try an aftershave too; an ordinary aftershave is any day stronger than the most expensive perfume. This is the final stage.
That cant be classified as constructive advice! Perfumes are not meant to be sprayed on any fabric, and some of my perfum bottles even had a warning to no to spray it directly over clothes as it can damage our clothes!( this applies to deo as well!
They should be sprayed on to the pulse points of our body! like wrist, neck , etc! and we should always spray it from a distance of 6-9cm from our body! :)

I have strtd to loose hair from top, my hair was really thick... But now a days lots of hair loss, anyone tried dr.batras clinic?? Pls share ur views

^^ No Idea. It is available for 800 on ebay. The Fusion Power is not officially available in India. The manual one was recently launched for 299/-

Re: Javed Habeeb 100rs haircut review?

Yeah, a friend of mine did it. In his opinion was gr8. IMO, total BS. Did not notice any difference before and after.

BTW, my barber takes 30 bucks, and does a swell job. Also AFAIK, in my area in Toppers Saloon, it is 300 bucks for a haircut. LOlz!

Re: Javed Habeeb 100rs haircut review?

^LOL @ 300bucks. But the problemo with me is that the 50bucks barber does a simple haircut and i look like a mess after every 1-2 weeks of my haircut.

anish_sha said:
I have strtd to loose hair from top, my hair was really thick... But now a days lots of hair loss, anyone tried dr.batras clinic?? Pls share ur views

Avoid Dr Batra's Clinic at all cost. IF u see a Dr batra's Clinic nearby, then run for life buddy.

Back