The Personal Hygiene Thread!

Re: Which deo is better?

CA50 said:
be it tech stuff or regular stuffs:p

i wonder what would be the question, if some gals were to be on te. Which lipstick/dress/w******/....
I guess then it will not GT it will be TGT(tech general talk).

CA50 said:
be it tech stuff or regular stuffs:p

i wonder what would be the question, if some gals were to be on te. Which lipstick/dress/w******/....
I guess then it will not GT it will be TGT(tech general talk).

^ don't worry if we are lucky we will see some similar thread. i think some months back, someone started a thread related to con*** here in GT

Garnier for Men has been the best Deo i have used. It suits me since i perspire quite a lot. Even after a couple of hours of tennis, the deo smell lingers on.

I use Men's perfume, kinda lasts more (the scent) than deo.

I love Cold by Benetton.

I tried Hot but that smells feminine.

I also like the classic Denim by Axe and Axe Dark Temptations.

A big no to those cinthol and Reebok deos atleast from my personal experience.

Axe click perfume was also really nice but not available in India.

Thats all about the el cheapo sub 600 bucks deos and perfumes that I have tried till now.

I have tried mots deos, but none of them were good. The worst ones were from AXE.

Then i switched to perfumes. Though costly, they last longer as you dont need to spray large amounts, unlike DEOs where you have to literally take a deo bath.
I have seen some people taking a deo bath in the wash rooms. :p
I mean they spray it all over their bodies.

I personally use Nike fission. Costs me 500 bucks for a bottle.

ggt said:
I have observed i sweat more when i applied it on me.
Also i got some rashes in my underarm so i discontinued it.
we were all dying to know about your underarm rashes and bodily fluids behavior
:delete thread from brain:

pinga123 said:
There was nothing wrong with the smell but what was written on pack(Last for 24 Hour) contradicts .
So the actual problem you have is with the labelling & advertising ?

Misleading isn't it.

nukeu666 said:
we were all dying to know about your underarm rashes and bodily fluids behavior
:delete thread from brain:
:lol: :gap:
you see i was referring to park avenue.
i have not posted any pics so relax :p

Tenzin said:
Thats all about the el cheapo sub 600 bucks deos and perfumes that I have tried till now.
Sub 600 bucks is not el cheapo. I only use Fa deo's that too imported from the UAE that you can get from small shops, its cheaper than Nivea.

If you want cheap and i mean cheap deo but not anti-perspirant, use an alum block. Rs.15 for a finished block or go to a shop near a hindu temple and they will sell you an unfinished one or rock for Rs.7.

Remember its like deo but not anti-perspirant.

Metalspree said:
does this mean we can expect you asking about undies and co***ms in future??
atleast that will be ok.. imagine someone posting.. "post your showoff (men)".. :rofl: :rofl:

Let me try to impart some constructive advice.

1) Wash your clothes with a good fabric softner or a scented detergent. Smelly clothes contribute to BO. Marketing experts behind famous Deo Brands don't want you to know this.

2) Change your bathing soap to a scented one as well. Stage 1 in eliminating BO, something that marketing experts expect all of thir customers to know beforehand when fussing over a Deo.

3) Use a scented body talcum powder after having a bath. Stage 2; good talcum powder does a great job in controlling body sweat.

4) When on your way out lightly apply some perfume over your clothes(not skin directly). You can try an aftershave too; an ordinary aftershave is any day stronger than the most expensive perfume. This is the final stage.

Duh....deo is old fashioned.....use Johnson Baby shampoo for ur underarms while taking bath for complete deodorizing experience..

sid_donnydarko said:
Let me try to impart some constructive advice.
1) Wash your clothes with a good fabric softner or a scented detergent. Smelly clothes contribute to BO. Marketing experts behind famous Deo Brands don't want you to know this.
Or only go out wearing clean clothes.

sid_donnydarko said:
2) Change your bathing soap to a scented one as well. Stage 1 in eliminating BO, something that marketing experts expect all of thir customers to know beforehand when fussing over a Deo.
Lots of choice here with indian brands, ie Chandrika, mysore sandal wood etc

sid_donnydarko said:
3) Use a scented body talcum powder after having a bath. Stage 2; good talcum powder does a great job in controlling body sweat.
Am coming to the conclusion that in the tropics this is the only working choice you have as the powder acts as anti-perspirant, ie absorbs sweat. Otherwise deo sticks that leave a white residue are also the same but less effective.

Most everything else is ten times more in cost and designed for ppl that don't live in the tropics. But oh its foriegn so it must be better.

sid_donnydarko said:
4) When on your way out lightly apply some perfume over your clothes(not skin directly). You can try an aftershave too; an ordinary aftershave is any day stronger than the most expensive perfume. This is the final stage.
Nice finishing touch :)

blr_p said:
So the actual problem you have is with the labelling & advertising ?

Misleading isn't it.
Exactly ,This is what i want people to think over.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Metalspree said:
does this mean we can expect you asking about undies and co***ms in future??
As long as "picture of men holding his gun" to be used as Avatar is OK . such kind of questions are tolerable :) .(Just kidding)

Nobody uses Adidas...

I miss Axe Shock.. The best deo ever... It use to last +5 hrs & the smell was terrific, unlike other crappy Axe...

Right now I am using Garnier since its quite humid & its the best anti antiperspirant deo...

for me...jovan, police, nike, zuska...n wont mind experimenting with other brands... ;)

and every deo works differently on everybodys body.

If you want that 24hrs fragrance you can try ladies deos which are strong & people wont recognize it as ladies product. :p

pinga123 said:
Exactly ,This is what i want people to think over.
Thats an altogether different debate. Standards in India are little bit looser than abroad. Here you can make your products into something else just with the right choice of words & visuals. Healthy 'looking' hair as opposed to healthy hair etc.

This will take consumer agitations to change.

There was a famous case in the US where Campbells soup used marbles in one of their ads, got taken to court by their competition and ended up being banned from making any ads in the US for twenty years.

So you can see there is quite a difference in how things are over there compared to here.

blr_p said:
Or only go out wearing clean clothes.

One way or another, OP needs to wash his clothes regularily :)

blr_p said:
Am coming to the conclusion that in the tropics this is the only working choice you have as the powder acts as anti-perspirant, ie absorbs sweat. Otherwise deo sticks that leave a white residue are also the same but less effective.

Most everything else is ten times more in cost and designed for ppl that don't live in the tropics. But oh its foriegn so it must be better.

What's incredibly strange is that Deo manufacturers in the Indian subcontinent fail to realize that they should focus on producing a far more effective Deo, one that can tackle near-equator climatic conditions, rather than blow up money on marketing campaigns with b-grade celebrities. This way they can atleast proudly claim their products actually work!

blr_p said:
Nice finishing touch :)

blr_p said:
......a shop near a hindu temple and they will sell you an unfinished one or rock for Rs.7.........

What?? :crazy:

What has this world come to? :eek:

So did you try the unfinished one? :muahaha:

Back