The Official 'Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit' Thread! [PS3] [X360] [PC]

Hey guys I have played this on the PC but to say the least I was underwhelmed. When I heard Criterion was making the game...I was like " this will be gr8"...but after playing the PC version all I can say is that its a broken console port. The graphics are not up to scratch and the game is full of bugs. Totally dissatisfied.

^ WHAAAAAA? Apart from the tough races and hard to master handling, I haven't had single bug with NFSHP. Not even the infamous multi-core-crashing bug. Both my systems (Q6600 and i5-750) run the game beautifully without any issues. The graphics are gorgeous, even on my age old Radeon HD3870 and on my HD5770 I can even force AA from Catalyst center, making it look all the more better.

I would say, from my experience that I haven't had any performance issue with the game. Not a single stutter or lag even in the intense crashes. I'm running it at 1680x1050 with 4xAA on my 5770 and 1440x900 with no AA on my 3870. On the same systems NFS Undercover used to lag, so that says a lot about performance.

devvfata1ity said:
Hey guys I have played this on the PC but to say the least I was underwhelmed. When I heard Criterion was making the game...I was like " this will be gr8"...but after playing the PC version all I can say is that its a broken console port. The graphics are not up to scratch and the game is full of bugs. Totally dissatisfied.

Hope you played NFS HP and nothing else

i like the game its fun, wonder why no ferrari i really wanted the 458 in this. how the hell to finish that M3 gaunlet ? its anoying me now. played like 50 times. do u have to take all shortcuts im getting fed up now.

Autolog/Online connectivity is pretty sad with no dedicated servers, no server lists, no room chat, no ready-to-race option.

I wish they had hired codemasters to do the online connectivity mechanism. I miss racedriver Grid's connectivity galore.

EDIT: Found that friend slots are more than 5. And that autolog's speedwall features are amazing :)

Free T-shirt was associated with pre-orders, while limited edition features ealy car unlocks and doesnt mention anything about free T-shirt. So it's better to ask the seller. Nextworld.in is still catering free T-shirts afaik.

when i bought the Limited Edition game at gameshop in express avenue mall in chennai, i also asked for the TShirt........

the guy said that no such offer is there with the limited edition game and also nothing was there with the preorder he had at his shop.......

devv even I found the game a little dissapointing in the begining ..... I only got it because the criterion team were behind it, my advise is to give it a little time unlock the faster cars and once you start smashing cops with lambos there is no going back its FUN!!

Oh yea must play with a controller keyboard isnt going to be much fun.

Quite a game but still found it half hearted. I wanted some fun in free roaming. its either a racer where u keep driving and no cops turn up or roam around with a cop blaring the siren which btw you cannot turn off but it allows you to choose betn 3 tones! Kinda found that useless. Wanted some fun in Free roam like side missions or something. On the upside, i totally enjoy driving the veyron at top speed on the desert road! :)

But appreciate it, compared to the previous disastrous titles, this is much MUCH better! :)

Also, like Zloyd said itz definitely more fun on the controller.

Got my copy already. In less than 24 hours. I also haven't got any t-shirt or anything else with the Limited edition.

finished the game..the racer career..will be starting with the cop career soon..

great fun i must say..

i got gold in all..still im just on wanted level 16.. guess have to repeat some races to get more bounty..

Supra said:
^^ Can't see T-Shirt mentioned in the nextworld.in NFS HP listing

http://www.nextworld.in/forums/messages.aspx?threadno=495&page=2

nextworld on 16-11-10 said:
Guys: The T-shirts are available in two sizes - M & L. Please send your preferences to support@nextworld.in with the subject 'NFS: HP Free T-shirt'. Don't forget to mention your order number. If we don't receive an email, the size would be sent depending on your age.

Their official pre-order date was uptil 15th Nov. But they still catered free t-shirts to orders on 16th Nov.

Getting bored of the game now in just 2 days. I did not find the career mode really entertaining. I am only enjoying the online multiplayer scene with some friends but I think it will become monotonous too.

The only NFS game I really loved was NFS UG 2 because of Brooke and because of the customization options :p

Back