The Official 'Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit' Thread! [PS3] [X360] [PC]

kauzy said:
still doesn't believe he actually completed the game.. wanted more races.. :'(
Who is he here btw? :p EDIT: you jobless bastid! :p

My present racer stats is 56/60 Golds. 4 races out of which 3 has been displayed on the map including the big finale comprising of the 43.5 miles odd track remains. The duel between the Veyron and CCXR was a bit hard. This was the same track (in the reverse direction) on the mountainous terrain wherein the Mc F1 was previewed. The last race is still unknown.

I'd attempt the cop campaign later. Got to complete Brotherhood and the pending backlogs prior to this.

yes ..... :) finally i got the game settings correctly after the whole 26 hrs of headache and now i am able to play at max resolution at max settings and the game is kind a cooool :)
getting frame rate min = 49 and max = 52 thats pretty cool for an on board gpu ;)

and thanks to aces170 for is guide for the software = fraps :clap:

really happy:rofl:

Hi All, i have a question for all those who have started playing the pc version of the game.

Has the game been released in India for PC version. Was chatting with the team intencity and they were telling it is not yet released in india. If so any idea when will it be released. Had pre-ordered the game from intencity and waiting for to recieve the game.

ubergeek said:
Gah the stupid is only releasing in feb for the PC
Bwahaha consoles ftw! :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Finally! Let the pics speak. :D

Boy, the last race was a tough one. 43 odd miles and to ensure that the car remains intact for the last 5 miles was hard! I drove the CCXR btw - turns nicely in the corners unlike the Beywrong! :p

lolz.. just saw ur screenshot..

here's mine.. lamer :p

nfs112010112318140164.jpg

Am not liking the game much ...... it feels boring only done like maybe 10 races so far so maybe later it gets better but Grid Dirt2 Burnout Paradise were all better than this imo.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Smashing cops with lamborghini's is fun :D

Just started playing. Man this is hard on fingers... worst yet my Logitech Dualshock is not automatically configured in game. Assigning the keys in best/optimal way is seriously a task. Got bored and started playing keyboard, but 5 races later my hand feels like made of cast iron. The handling if seriously tough, specially while cornering. It feels like they found some sort of balance between good ol' NFS (arcade style racing) handling and NFS Shift (track racing) handling. I never developed any wrist fatigue or finger numbness before this, playing any game for long hours (racing or fragfests) or hours of coding... but looks like NFSHP is going to challenge my finger's threshold.

By the way, forcing AA via Catalyst Control Center works. I'm running 2x AA (4X using Narrow-Tent filter) in conjunction with Morphological Filtering. The game looks friggin' awesome. (1680x1050 with everything maxed out, Catalyst 10.10e drivers.). :D

Tomorrow will try again to set up my gamepad, I think it will be better to play with Gamepad and a lot of relief to my hand as well. :)

^Paining fingers and wrists - I can vouch for that. You need to get used to the drifting and handling the corners. The rest will follow. :p

Has anyone played this online ? The games fun but methinks races online is where this thing will really shine. Just got to lvl 10 wanted should unlock superlegerra today :D

Desecrator said:
^Paining fingers and wrists - I can vouch for that. You need to get used to the drifting and handling the corners. The rest will follow. :p
Still not getting the hang of it :( Had to try some races 10-15 times and still couldnt score a Gold.

Also the force AA seems to be working only with 5 series ATI cards :(.

FaH33m said:
Still not getting the hang of it :( Had to try some races 10-15 times and still couldnt score a Gold.
You are not using the controller then. A controller def. helps in the game. As much as my index finger on the right hand was on the RT button on the X360 controller, so was my index finger on the left hand on the LT button - meaning braking often. I wonder how a KB user could do that. :p

Scoring a gold - 2 levels I'd reckon being hard (Kauzy, you better stay out!) - the preview of the McLaren F1 (you should NOT hit any fencing/passenger cars, should negotiate the curves bit-perfectly with proper drifting) and possibly the last race - very lengthy about 43.5 miles IIRC (you need to ensure that your ride remains intact without much damages). The others were pretty easy. All gauntlet races have sufficient amount of time just in case the cops manage to hit you or sometimes even crash you. You can score a gold easily.

Gawd I have the cop campaign left. I'll do it later this December perhaps. If I make do with the rest of the PS3 backlog i.e. :p

Back