The Motorola Defy Thread

CM7 RC1 Vs. MIUI 1.6.24? Which one to upgrade guys? Confused.... Feedbacks appreciated..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

gautham82 said:
I have installed Froyo 2.2 from motorola few weeks back, everything was fine, past 2 days i am facing auto reboot every few minutes, i tried factory reset and installed only Gmail and Google Map app, but again facing the same issue.. Dying to fix it, any suggestions..?

A Hard reset would solve the things.. Backup your data and apps, reboot with pressing down the volume button, which will take you to android recovery menu (little android guy standing next to a triangle). Press both vol up and vol down, select the option 'factory reset'. Reboot again and you're done.. Enjoy your bug free stock 2.2

anyone on CM7 RC1?

I am so loving it. Widescreen photo also now, DAMN.

Anyways... my wifi randomly disconnects sometimes. Anyone else experiencing it?

piyush_888 said:
is there any way I can use both ROMs together.. like switch back and forth between them?
:D . A 3rd init maybe.. I don't think so...

I have few bugs with RC0 but almost it's a stable OS. But I like MIUI very much and both the ROMs have got updates.. So I'd like to go for the one which has fewer bugs and better performance..

@Killmastern: Is the new 6.24 version good? How's battery backup? Does the new lockscreens suck more battery? Is 24 better than 17?

@piyush: I think CM7's next update is going to get a new wifi driver.. So until then, have to manage.. How's the performance of the new ROM? Did you reflash everything or just flashed the RC1 over your RC0?

killmastern3 said:
Don't even feel like testing CM7 RC1 now that i am settled in MIUI. As i told before, it grows into you. Awesome Rom.
Is it just me or is there some lag in scrolling and browsing home screens? I have an iPod touch and it certainly ain't as smooth as iOS.

Maybe I should switch to CM7 :S

wolvish said:
:D . A 3rd init maybe.. I don't think so...

I have few bugs with RC0 but almost it's a stable OS. But I like MIUI very much and both the ROMs have got updates.. So I'd like to go for the one which has fewer bugs and better performance..

@Killmastern: Is the new 6.24 version good? How's battery backup? Does the new lockscreens suck more battery? Is 24 better than 17?

@piyush: I think CM7's next update is going to get a new wifi driver.. So until then, have to manage.. How's the performance of the new ROM? Did you reflash everything or just flashed the RC1 over your RC0?
Battery backup is good. I am missing DSP Enhancer after update :( . Anybody has the same problem?? Just bought a Razer Moray and i dont have DSP :(. I listen to music on my way to work.I usually lose 15% battery during this 1 hour. I had 3G on all the time. For the past few days, i disconnected 3Gand now i lose 4-5%. Thats the difference 3G makes.

Lockscreens dont suck more battery. It looks more beautiful now :).

Also, just flash RC1 over RC0 and then wipe cache. You dont have to reinstall anything.

kvikram said:
I successfully installed miui on indian froyo. :yeah:

If I boot in normal mode now, what will happen? Will I go to stock ui?
I've wondered the same thing, but AFAIK what 2nd init does is that we bypass the locked bootloader of Moto and go to our custom OS, which indeed is a downgraded version of 2.3.4 written for the 2.2 s kernel.. I don't think it'd even boot..

netarchie said:
does the MIUI rom have a wifi tethering (infra mode)? I am missing that in my CM 7 RC0!! The stock had it.

Nope. It doesn't have one on it's own..

Ephumuris from XDA,

Doesn't come with it. I just use a free wifi tether app from the market.

killmastern3 said:
Battery backup is good. I am missing DSP Enhancer after update :( . Anybody has the same problem?? Just bought a Razer Moray and i dont have DSP :(. I listen to music on my way to work.I usually lose 15% battery during this 1 hour. I had 3G on all the time. For the past few days, i disconnected 3Gand now i lose 4-5%. Thats the difference 3G makes.

Lockscreens dont suck more battery. It looks more beautiful now :).

Affirmative.. I'm gonna flash MIUI then mate. Will come back to CM7 after the final release.. Kinda bored with it.. :D

Update.. I just backed up a DSP manager.apk from Androzip, from RC0. I think we could install it in MIUI..

wolvish said:
A Hard reset would solve the things.. Backup your data and apps, reboot with pressing down the volume button, which will take you to android recovery menu (little android guy standing next to a triangle). Press both vol up and vol down, select the option 'factory reset'. Reboot again and you're done.. Enjoy your bug free stock 2.2

Tried hard reset, but still i face reboot issue rarely (few hours once).. During hard reset i noticed "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command" Memory card may be culprit..? do i need to format memory card and try hard reset..?

Hmm.. Only a few handsets/SD cards have that issue.. Maybe you should format the memory card first, re flash your firmware with RSDlite and try again...

Guys,

I have ordered Moto Defy from Letsbuy on 30th June for 14.4K, Wanted to know if a screen protector is inlcuded in box or should I get one before I get my phone?

Also which would be better case to protect phone soft pouch type or silicone one ?

TIA

Screen protector? It's got gorilla glass dude. You don't need one.. And it's shock proof too, you don't need casing either..

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Nope.. Indian DEFY's don't have Blur.. Not sure how to install it.. Why do you need it anyway?. Contapps and Go contacts have very good facebook integration.. GoLauncher's FB widget is also good.. I don't see any good in having the buggy Blur.. :)

zopeon said:
Does this come with Motoblur? Heard the newer version of Motoblur is good.

Any way to install newer Motoblur?

thanks
You need to flash an sbf which has Motoblur. All American and European versions have blur.

Back