The Motorola Defy Thread

wolvish

Disciple
Apr 26, 2011
Chennai
Just now flashed CM7 RC0 in my DEFY.. I should say, it's gotta be the best aftermarket ROM (even better than the stock one) built so far. Ran a quadrant test, got 2068.. :) ahead of Nexus One, Droid and Evo..

killmastern3

Adept
Dec 10, 2010
Bangalore
wolvish said:
Just now flashed CM7 RC0 in my DEFY.. I should say, it's gotta be the best aftermarket ROM (even better than the stock one) built so far. Ran a quadrant test, got 2068.. :) ahead of Nexus One, Droid and Evo..
Cool.. Way to go!!! Here are my MIUI screenshots.

[attachment=8331:14683.attach]

Attachments

• 20110616104940.jpg
    20110616104940.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 168
  • 20110616105320.jpg
    20110616105320.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 158
  • 20110616110124.jpg
    20110616110124.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 180
  • 20110616105429.jpg
    20110616105429.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 20110616105033.jpg
    20110616105033.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 169
  • 20110616104844.jpg
    20110616104844.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 162

wolvish

Disciple
Apr 26, 2011
Chennai
Wow.. They look awesome.. First I was planning to install MIUI only. But I read that the battery performance is severely affected by the 'extra' effects.. So I went for CM7.. :)

I can't merge my contacts in CM7, which I could with Moto stock contacts app. What contact manager are you using? I'm using contapps..

And what theme manager you used in CM7? Your screens looked great..

I can't overclock the phone in CM7 to 1 GHz. It resets to 800 even after I have changed it to 1000..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

How do I boot up into Custom Recovery again?

Aladdin

Adept
Aug 29, 2007
Aladdin said:
Hi defier's, I have ordered one today from LSB.
I have some questions-
1- What about warranty if water swoops in?
2- Is it really totally submersible under water as i am seeing in many youtube videos?
3- How does the water stay out of the loud speaker, mic and earpiece?

Has anyone here actually tried putting the phone in a bucket of water maybe?
Anyone?
10char

killmastern3

Adept
Dec 10, 2010
Bangalore
wolvish said:
Wow.. They look awesome.. First I was planning to install MIUI only. But I read that the battery performance is severely affected by the 'extra' effects.. So I went for CM7.. :)

I can't merge my contacts in CM7, which I could with Moto stock contacts app. What contact manager are you using? I'm using contapps..

And what theme manager you used in CM7? Your screens looked great..

I can't overclock the phone in CM7 to 1 GHz. It resets to 800 even after I have changed it to 1000..

How do I boot up into Custom Recovery again?
By merging you mean, adding several numbers to the same contact person?? I use the stock contact manager. Meizu and synergy are two of the best themes for CM7. All themes can be found here [STICKY] [UPDATE 6-17-11] Theme Chooser Themes - Over 150 Themes! - xda-developers The phone is overclocked to 1ghz, it just doesnt show it. Just install Setvsel, its better. Set this settings, 300-30,600-46,1000-58, It will work like a charm. To boot into custom recovery, press the vol down button when the led flashed blue when booting up.

Aladdin said:
Anyone?
10char
Moto say that you can put in water subject to you have all the stoppers for usb port and earphones plugged in tight. Do not know about warranty. I have washed my mobile in a stream of water to prove to my friends that the mobile is waterproof :clap::clap:. More info here Show Your MotoDefy Waterproof-ness status here! :D - xda-developers

wolvish

Disciple
Apr 26, 2011
Chennai
Just install Setvsel, its better

In CM7 page, it's warned that SetVsel should not be installed along with it..

I use the stock contact manager

After CM7 is installed, I can't find the stock contact manager.. :( .. The new one doesn't have merge option...

akhurana said:
those who bought defy from letsbuy can tell whether its all black color or black with white back ?
Must be all black.. There is no option to select the colour though..

killmastern3 said:
Moto say that you can put in water subject to you have all the stoppers for usb port and earphones plugged in tight. Do not know about warranty. I have washed my mobile in a stream of water to prove to my friends that the mobile is waterproof :clap::clap:.

Apparently there is a liquid damage sticker on the backside of the mobile (behind the battery of course). If it detects any liquid, it'll turn red, which means officially you have voided the warranty.. I searched for it, and got confused with the red color strip which holds the SD card.. Anybody knows about it???

killmastern3

Adept
Dec 10, 2010
Bangalore
wolvish said:
In CM7 page, it's warned that SetVsel should not be installed along with it..

After CM7 is installed, I can't find the stock contact manager.. :( .. The new one doesn't have merge option...

Must be all black.. There is no option to select the colour though..

Apparently there is a liquid damage sticker on the backside of the mobile (behind the battery of course). If it detects any liquid, it'll turn red, which means officially you have voided the warranty.. I searched for it, and got confused with the red color strip which holds the SD card.. Anybody knows about it???
No problems in installing setvsel in cm7. Been using it for a month our so. No problems. I understand that the default overclock is overridden by setvsel during boot. For the stock moto contact app, look around in xda,.you might find it.

killmastern3

Adept
Dec 10, 2010
Bangalore
nikolain said:
Just installed MIUI 1.6.17, one question though, where the f*** is the home launcher button, searched for almost 1 hour :(
There is no app launcher in MIUI. All your shortcuts are placed in your homescreem. You just create a new folder and move it into them. Even i wondered the same when i first installed MIUI and i didnt like the fact that there is no app launcher. But now it has grown on me. I like this better. I have segregated my apps into 4 folders. Try it, its better. If you still want a traditional launcher, install ADW or Launcher pro or any other such launcher.

Btw, what are your first impressions of MIUI(except the launcher thing :) )

nikolain

Disciple
Oct 4, 2009
Pune
www.svgtech.net
killmastern3 said:
There is no app launcher in MIUI. All your shortcuts are placed in your homescreem. You just create a new folder and move it into them. Even i wondered the same when i first installed MIUI and i didnt like the fact that there is no app launcher. But now it has grown on me. I like this better. I have segregated my apps into 4 folders. Try it, its better. If you still want a traditional launcher, install ADW or Launcher pro or any other such launcher.

Btw, what are your first impressions of MIUI(except the launcher thing :) )

Everything now looks more Beautiful and is much faster i guess, though i'll miss the home launcher button :(

killmastern3

Adept
Dec 10, 2010
Bangalore
nikolain said:
Everything now looks more Beautiful and is much faster i guess, though i'll miss the home launcher button :(

Just start playing around with the themes, you will soon forget the app launcher :).

Battery backup is not bad, same as CM7. I get a day with normal usage.

killmastern3

Adept
Dec 10, 2010
Bangalore
AsidXxx said:
I am on the official Froyo. How do I go about installing MIUI?

First flash nordic froyo using RSD Lite (SBF - Service Flash -files "READ THIS FIRST if you try to flash new stock sbf" - xda-developers), turn usb debugging on, root using superoneclick, usb debugging off, reboot, usb debugging on, install 2ndinit 1.4, debugging off, reboot twice (note that on reboot it will take you to 2ndinit menu, go to boot and normal, do this twice), reboot again, in 2ndinit menu set default boot menu as 2ndinit, go back, recovery, custom recovery and install zip from sd card, select zip and install the zip. If you are using the Chineese rom, install the language pack. Done!!!
nikolain said:
Now my SMS are working, but the Internet has bad connectivity now :(, which baseband are you guys using ?, i can't seem to find one good baseband for Vodafone
I am using the India baseband, no problems at all. Just check out the naked simplicity theme from this blog( From the Mind of DB)
. Its awesome.