The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Just got my 5800 back from Service center.
total damage 2750 bucks.
Problems
  1. Random screen blur on lock/unlock. similar to vertical lines. had to play around to get normal display.
    Resolved, LCD Replaced
  2. Random reboots. V 50 Loaded. Not Resolved Yet
I think most 1st Gen 5800 have always had these 'troubled' LCD's, its just unfortunate that they die right after warranty expires. :ashamed:
Those who still have their 5800 covered in original warranty better get the warranty extended. I didnt know that it could be extended. Service center folks told me they started the scheme few months ago, and it applies to phones which are still under warranty.

BTW, 1849 posts, 17K+ views, and this Thread isnt a "Sticky" Yet! :no:

shotgun said:
Just got my 5800 back from Service center.
total damage 2750 bucks.
Problems
  1. Random screen blur on lock/unlock. similar to vertical lines. had to play around to get normal display.
    Resolved, LCD Replaced
  2. Random reboots. V 50 Loaded. Not Resolved Yet
I think most 1st Gen 5800 have always had these 'troubled' LCD's, its just unfortunate that they die right after warranty expires. :ashamed:
Those who still have their 5800 covered in original warranty better get the warranty extended. I didnt know that it could be extended. Service center folks told me they started the scheme few months ago, and it applies to phones which are still under warranty.

BTW, 1849 posts, 17K+ views, and this Thread isnt a "Sticky" Yet! :no:

I am having the same LCD issue. My warranty expired in february. So it means I should be spending 3k bucks :(

i was getting the same blur/horizontal lines problem on screen lock/unlock.

my phone is out of warranty so i had given up on it. however, updating to v50 seemed to have fixed it for me though. what version are you guys using?

How to extend warranty, and how much will it cost?

ashr said:
i was getting the same blur/horizontal lines problem on screen lock/unlock.

my phone is out of warranty so i had given up on it. however, updating to v50 seemed to have fixed it for me though. what version are you guys using?
If software update has resolved that issue its good news. :)
unfortunetly, I got it repaired 1 day prior to V50 being available. so didnt get a chance to test on V50.
However, I believed the problem was related to hardware since a absolute fresh install of V40 also did not remove the issue. In fact with V30 the same issue appeared in a slight different style (screen colors changing to something like x-rays, and then reboot)
So when I moved from V30 to => V40, initially the issue disappeared, but came back after few weeks in this new avatar. :(

Me neither. Did OTA. I hope I will get it if I update through PC...

I already got one bug in the music player. :D

Also, they seemed to have removed the find option in music player. Aside from the performance improvements, I definitely prefer the previous music player. I use find feature quite a lot. Also, with the album art in the list view, I am not able to see the title clearly which prevents me from identifying the episode number of podcasts easily unless I am in landscape mode. :(

PhOeNiX said:
OK just updated. These are the changes i can see.

The screen-touch vibration is now stronger, even on Level 1.
The screen seems to have more contrast.
The phone is now a lot faster and more responsive.
The Music player library has been improved, with the song details and Album Art now visible. plus the Player is much faster :)
Instead of the Music Player showing "Exit" as the right-hand function menu option, it shows "Hide". So now no more accidentally turning of the player.
The gallery also loads a lot faster, especially the picture previews.
Overall i would say the phone is a lot faster, even with the Kinetic Scrolling. So all in all, a very good upgrade :)
EDIT: I even feel the speaker volume has gone up a little :p

Bingo! I see the exact same changes. Phone feels much faster than before, including the accelerometer. Touch screen vibration is stronger than before.

However, I don't see the other updates like Quick Office et al. I already had QO 6.2 installed on my phone, prior to this update.

i've few problems or rather requirements......which needs to be solved......

first of all my phone is NOKIA 5800 XPRESS MUSIC

JUST UPDATED THE FIRMWARE FROM NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER....SO MY PRESENT VERSION IS 50.0.005(CUSTOM VERSION IS 50.0.005.C03.01)...

PRE CONDITION.....NEVER HACKED....ONLY INSTALLED FEW APPLICATIONS(BY SIGNING THEM ONLINE).....

NOW I'VE TRIED EVERY POSSIBLE WAY TO INSTALL FEW OTHER APPLICATION....BUT FAILED....NO FORUMS HAVE PROPER INFORMATION....

I WANT OFFICE(WORDS,EXCEL PPT etc),PDF READER,.pdb READER(I GUESS ITS isilo).....N A GOOD GPS APP WITH PROPER MAP OF INDIA(TRIED OVI....DID'T LIKE IT).....

NOW TELL ME A PROPER WAY TO INSTALL THEM(BE IT HACKING THE PHONE OR SIGNING TOOLS)....

LET ME TELL....I TRIED HACKING USIN HELLOX....NEVER GOT INSTALLED....

SO PLS HELP ME....

THANX...
REGARDS...

Good update
i too updated to v50
menu grid KS is sluggish,i think nokia should think of a very quic update to solve this
but musicplayer is good
ovi store is 1.5.6 in v50
but now 1.6 is released so we have to upgrade ovi store,which mean it will eat of c mem
no quick office or rihana

I have been noticing an issue in v50.

The profile changer on the home screen - where we press near the operator name next to the clock - doesn't bring up the list of profiles like it used to earlier. I do get the feedback that I have pressed, but the menu seldom comes up. Almost once in 8 - 10 times - not exaggerating. Has anyone else faced this problem?

just pondered upon this and read little...can anyone confirm if the search function in music player is there or gone ? if it aint there im better stuck on the v40

Back