The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Why is this thread still not a sticky, inspite of so many views and replies!

Threads with lesser views and replies like the one on Android are! Step child treatment!

Hey all, I just bought myself a 5800 black today (now yday). And I also got the sennheiser headphones free from the old stock, but my piece is a new one (Mar 2010), thx to the mobile store. Its my first symbian, rather first nokia phone :)

It all feels great, the usability, touch response, etc is great.

But I'm disappointed with the fact that the earphones don't have pause/play, next track and volume buttons on it near the mic. The earlier vesions used to come with it. That was very important for me as it is irritating to change song track or pause/play without it. Is there any other way to do that other than - unlocking screen, then touching the next button? Even the volume buttons don't work if the phone is locked.

What do you mean by "MISS"?
Has Nokia disabled the feature in 5800xm or it's the cable not being provided in std. package...
:)

@MenTaLLyMenTaL
price??

^ Cable not provided.
Price: 13500.

Does anyone have a solution to my problem? Is there any shake control to change tracks possible? Or is there any 3rd party earphones available which will have the control buttons near the mic?

There was a third part app for shake, but don't remember it now. You can check out Moove which is not a shake thing, but works based on hand gestures.

I have a small problem and wonder if anyone can help me. The WLAN on my 5800 keeps disconnecting after 4-5 minutes of not being used. Is there any way to turn it off.

Cause I am using Opera and its a pain to quit, got to connections and reconnect every time.

Guys..

Have you noticed the improvement in syncing the music player with wmp11. (v50.0.005)
Now the playlists also gets imported.
I think this is great if you combine with the auto playlist (which i use heavily) and auto syncing.
It nearly makes your music managing really easy.

One covet though, When you use the option of Convert and sync, we loose all the album art and the player looks crap...

One more thing...:eek:hyeah:
if nokia works out to give star rating and playcount syncing, ipod would gave a great competetor.

m47r1m said:
I have a small problem and wonder if anyone can help me. The WLAN on my 5800 keeps disconnecting after 4-5 minutes of not being used. Is there any way to turn it off.

Cause I am using Opera and its a pain to quit, got to connections and reconnect every time.

Use the menu key instead of the Disconnect key to go back to the homescreen. Opera will be running in the background so you can easily switch back to it...Also, create a shortcut to connections on your homescreen...

guys when i connect my nokia 5800 in usb mode... it gets detected but the problem is that the windows 7 pops up a message saying cant install device driver.... wot 2 do... it works perfectly wen connected in PC suite mode...

Back