Samsung S4 offers

thegame

Adept
May 16, 2010
Hi all,

I have decided to get Samsung S4 so sorry this is actually a "best price" advice thread rather than a mobile buying one..

Came across this offer in HomeShop 18

http://www.dealsupto.com/electronic...le-phone-white-frost-for-rs-35945-160482.html

The final price comes to 35945 and I suppose thats the best currently available, please let me know your thougts, will be getting the phone in 2 days time, also any info of S4 price reduction in the next 1-2 months? I went through the S3 price cycle and it had a big cut only in Dec 2012 so guess there wont be a big price cut in the next 2-3 months..

Thanks!!

paarkhi

Skilled
Mar 26, 2010
@thegame, Forget about the price cut there is 10% price increase from Next month due to currency depreciation, I purchased a S4 from Flipkart at 38K INR just 4 days back. Have you checked the prices on ebay with 10% coupons?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: thegame

thegame

Adept
May 16, 2010
@paarkhi thanks for the info.. will check the ebay ones.. now confused between the white and black models :) will try to check them out in the weekend and then place the order next week.. btw which color did you buy?[DOUBLEPOST=1371842497][/DOUBLEPOST]@paarkhi can you please let me know if you come across any ebay ones with Manufacture warranty + coupon applicable as most are either seller warranty or manufacturer with no coupon applicable like the below one..
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Samsung-Gala...bile_Phones&hash=item1e7c2d531c#ht_6716wt_906

paarkhi

Skilled
Mar 26, 2010
@thegame, I purchased the black and 10% flat ebay Coupons are hard to find nowadays, can't see the seller's uploaded photos as his google account is temporarily unavailable but seems to be a nice deal if you grab a coupon. Ask someone to provide you a coupon in ebay hot deals thread

paarkhi

Skilled
Mar 26, 2010
Congrats to you too for your order, but this phone is a nightmare for developers so not much custom rom support, there is a special counter which cannot be reset once it starts, if you are a frequent Flasher then you'll know everything about it on XDA.

thegame

Adept
May 16, 2010
oh.. I used to try all sort of ROMs on my LG Optimus 2x but these days hardly find time to try ROMs and mostly I use the phone for listening to songs and take calls so would be quite happy and more than enough to just try the launchers for UI change as i am sure I will be bored with the TouchWiz soon :) and also I hope the stock ROM should be good @ performance level for my light usage..[DOUBLEPOST=1371921950][/DOUBLEPOST]please let me know if you had purchased any protective cover or case for your S4..

paarkhi

Skilled
Mar 26, 2010
@thegame, Actually I've purchased a simple silicon flexible Rs.150 cover which covers the back and side of the phone but yesterday I was going through the homshop link and I found out that samsung is providing free Smart S View Cover worth Rs.2400 and some other goodies (from homeshop and Vodafone), please go through this link http://help.homeshop18.com/entries/...kage-Get-Amazing-Goodies-Valid-till-30th-June
To redeem the offer you need to visit http://www.samsungindiamarketing.com/galaxys4 and

1. IMEI Validation: Fill your newly purchased Galaxy S4's IMEI number, Name and Mobile Number. To know your IMEI number, dial *#06#

2. Other Details: FIll Name, Address, Dealer Name, Invoice Number, Invoice Date and upload the Invoice Copy. Keep your invoice handy in a JPEG or PNG format.

thegame

Adept
May 16, 2010
Thanks @paarkhi buddy.. actually I knew that offer and that's why went for HomeShop18 as i found that to be more reliable than other online offers (have already purchased from HomeShop18 before). Two weeks ago my friend got S4 for 43k @ Croma Bangalore which included S4 black mist, S-View cover (2500), Screen Guard (600) and Extended 1 more year Warranty for the phone (1500) so the S4 comes to around 38.4k. He also redeemed the View Cover now :) anyways I am not keen on the View Cover but thinking of a case mainly to cover the back side of the phone..

paarkhi

Skilled
Mar 26, 2010
then simple silicon flexible Rs.150 cover would be enough for you, the cost may come down if you bargain but don't go for the hard plastic, it may scratch the phone's back cover.

paarkhi

Skilled
Mar 26, 2010
@thegame, No Problem, that's always going to happen, I ordered on June 12th @ 38K on flipkart and the homeshop scheme started from June 16th @ 35945/- approx. so I paid 2K more just 4 days ago, but I take it as part and parcel of life. Don't worry and enjoy your phone, btw did you receive it?

thegame

Adept
May 16, 2010
@paarkhi :) I know but was slightly disappointed :).. I ordered the phone on Saturday night and got it delivered yesterday evening, good service from HomeShop18.. actually I have some roaming problems with my sim (sim is around 6yrs old) so today only managed to get a new micro sim and should be using the phone hopefully from tomorrow.. Anyways tried the phone and its damn light weight and I fear I will drop it soon so need to get a good case :) tried the air gesture and it was too good.. first thing i wanted to do is to play Real Racing 3 but sad thing it shows the game is not compatible with S4 :( :)

Thanks a lot for your help and replies... ;)

Reactions: paarkhi