Samsung S4 offers

thegame

Adept
Hi all,

I have decided to get Samsung S4 so sorry this is actually a "best price" advice thread rather than a mobile buying one..

Came across this offer in HomeShop 18

http://www.dealsupto.com/electronic...le-phone-white-frost-for-rs-35945-160482.html

The final price comes to 35945 and I suppose thats the best currently available, please let me know your thougts, will be getting the phone in 2 days time, also any info of S4 price reduction in the next 1-2 months? I went through the S3 price cycle and it had a big cut only in Dec 2012 so guess there wont be a big price cut in the next 2-3 months..

Thanks!!

Congrats to you too for your order, but this phone is a nightmare for developers so not much custom rom support, there is a special counter which cannot be reset once it starts, if you are a frequent Flasher then you'll know everything about it on XDA.

Not impossible though. We just have to exploit the bootloader. Samsung is working on binary counter logic at bootloader level.. So we practically don't have access to eMMC partition at kernel level or whatsoever. It definitely can be trespassed with some bootloader hacking :D

Development support is just a matter of time. AndreiLux is doing great job at Kernel level development which fixed heat issue, battery life issue for most of the SGS4 users. I believe SGS4 (international) will definitely get good support later on, it's just matter of time :)

And even Stock ROM is amazing. Touchwiz has improved a lot. It is not as it was before..

@Rahul++, yes but no CM as of now, the i9500 international version doesn't even showup in their Device list, and Custom ROMS based on CM like Slimbeans are also mum on i9500. Playing at bootloader level is dangerous, if something goes wrong then you have a $750 paperweight. Stock ROM has surely improved, I can feel it but still the fun of Custom ROM is something else

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, to be honest, I don't miss CM that much.. I already have compiled bunch of AOSP based ROMs for SGS (i9000). At some point of time, I missed the battery life I used to get on TouchWiz firmware. Same goes with SGS4.. Touchwiz is too good for battery life. It always is known for that.

Moreover, you can do all the customizations with applications bundles with custom kernels (STweaks for e.g. that comes with Persues Kernel). :D

@Rahul++ What happens when KLP (A5) comes and samsung delays in releasing it for S4, btw sorry for the dumb Q but which colour S4 do you have?

Lol, by that time, someone would definitely come up with unofficial CM port :p anyway I do have white phone. Also we are trying to set up a device tree for SGS4 (i9500). Faryaab attempted it but it was failed.. But now one guy (who hacked PS3 long back, and known for bootloader hacker) has appeared in SGS4 XDA community. He's trying to make it work. So good things are definitely happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back