Samsung S4 offers

thegame

Adept
Hi all,

I have decided to get Samsung S4 so sorry this is actually a "best price" advice thread rather than a mobile buying one..

Came across this offer in HomeShop 18

http://www.dealsupto.com/electronic...le-phone-white-frost-for-rs-35945-160482.html

The final price comes to 35945 and I suppose thats the best currently available, please let me know your thougts, will be getting the phone in 2 days time, also any info of S4 price reduction in the next 1-2 months? I went through the S3 price cycle and it had a big cut only in Dec 2012 so guess there wont be a big price cut in the next 2-3 months..

Thanks!!

@thegame, Forget about the price cut there is 10% price increase from Next month due to currency depreciation, I purchased a S4 from Flipkart at 38K INR just 4 days back. Have you checked the prices on ebay with 10% coupons?

Last edited by a moderator:
@paarkhi thanks for the info.. will check the ebay ones.. now confused between the white and black models :) will try to check them out in the weekend and then place the order next week.. btw which color did you buy?[DOUBLEPOST=1371842497][/DOUBLEPOST]@paarkhi can you please let me know if you come across any ebay ones with Manufacture warranty + coupon applicable as most are either seller warranty or manufacturer with no coupon applicable like the below one..
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Samsung-Gala...bile_Phones&hash=item1e7c2d531c#ht_6716wt_906

@thegame, I purchased the black and 10% flat ebay Coupons are hard to find nowadays, can't see the seller's uploaded photos as his google account is temporarily unavailable but seems to be a nice deal if you grab a coupon. Ask someone to provide you a coupon in ebay hot deals thread

Congrats to you too for your order, but this phone is a nightmare for developers so not much custom rom support, there is a special counter which cannot be reset once it starts, if you are a frequent Flasher then you'll know everything about it on XDA.

oh.. I used to try all sort of ROMs on my LG Optimus 2x but these days hardly find time to try ROMs and mostly I use the phone for listening to songs and take calls so would be quite happy and more than enough to just try the launchers for UI change as i am sure I will be bored with the TouchWiz soon :) and also I hope the stock ROM should be good @ performance level for my light usage..[DOUBLEPOST=1371921950][/DOUBLEPOST]please let me know if you had purchased any protective cover or case for your S4..

@thegame, Actually I've purchased a simple silicon flexible Rs.150 cover which covers the back and side of the phone but yesterday I was going through the homshop link and I found out that samsung is providing free Smart S View Cover worth Rs.2400 and some other goodies (from homeshop and Vodafone), please go through this link http://help.homeshop18.com/entries/...kage-Get-Amazing-Goodies-Valid-till-30th-June
To redeem the offer you need to visit http://www.samsungindiamarketing.com/galaxys4 and

1. IMEI Validation: Fill your newly purchased Galaxy S4's IMEI number, Name and Mobile Number. To know your IMEI number, dial *#06#

2. Other Details: FIll Name, Address, Dealer Name, Invoice Number, Invoice Date and upload the Invoice Copy. Keep your invoice handy in a JPEG or PNG format.

Thanks @paarkhi buddy.. actually I knew that offer and that's why went for HomeShop18 as i found that to be more reliable than other online offers (have already purchased from HomeShop18 before). Two weeks ago my friend got S4 for 43k @ Croma Bangalore which included S4 black mist, S-View cover (2500), Screen Guard (600) and Extended 1 more year Warranty for the phone (1500) so the S4 comes to around 38.4k. He also redeemed the View Cover now :) anyways I am not keen on the View Cover but thinking of a case mainly to cover the back side of the phone..

@thegame, No Problem, that's always going to happen, I ordered on June 12th @ 38K on flipkart and the homeshop scheme started from June 16th @ 35945/- approx. so I paid 2K more just 4 days ago, but I take it as part and parcel of life. Don't worry and enjoy your phone, btw did you receive it?

@paarkhi :) I know but was slightly disappointed :).. I ordered the phone on Saturday night and got it delivered yesterday evening, good service from HomeShop18.. actually I have some roaming problems with my sim (sim is around 6yrs old) so today only managed to get a new micro sim and should be using the phone hopefully from tomorrow.. Anyways tried the phone and its damn light weight and I fear I will drop it soon so need to get a good case :) tried the air gesture and it was too good.. first thing i wanted to do is to play Real Racing 3 but sad thing it shows the game is not compatible with S4 :( :)

Thanks a lot for your help and replies... ;)

Back