Prince Of Persia Discussion Thread

the game is horse shit compared to pop SOT that bieng said the game wasnt half bad the platforming elements were pretty solid and was implemented cleverly the combat sucked balls too button mashy for my liking the pc version looks nice it didnt crash even once in my computer this no way the definitive POP , but it will keep you occupied :D

The game which relies so much of platforming is failure since the platforming isn't one of the best.AC II had better platforming than this.

WOW, just finished the game. It is NOTHING like the original trilogy, but is certainly much better than the cel shaded crap we had to deal with 2years ago. It seems like ubisoft made and released the game just to publicize the movie and nothing else. Fights were a joke and platforming was not a life saver fot this game. ITs not bad, but gets boring quickly. I miss the original trilogy.... :sigh
/rant

god i cant even bare to play the new pop .. the prince looks like a monkey ... the fights are made for 5year old kids.. and the platforming is nothing too great...

playing warrior within again and loving it even though the graphics look dated ...

^Have you noticed the ESRB rating? If not its TEEN , so the games does not have the same gorey action and themes like the previous POP games. Although the fighting could have been improved.

Installed this game today. Played it for like half an hour. Initial impressions weren't quite promising. True that they made this game just for the heck of it. I don't see any foresight, much of work put into this one. I can see textures from the previous POP game. Combat system sucks donkey balls. Fights are terribly easy and I don't see the point fo bombarding 50 enemies at a single moment. Feels like ants itching the prince.

Still this is just the start. Let us see how this one fares, once I finish it off.

Just started playing this game and tbh I liked it. Impressed! Combat really sucks donkey balls. Fights are like child's play. Anyways, looking forward to more phun! The water-freeze power and all that.. :p

Just thought of posting the awe-f*ckin-some track from SOT. One of the reason why no other POP can title can match the quality of SOT. :)

[youtube]TKwbptphnVU&feature=related[/youtube]

Played the game a little more. I liked the way they have put up the new textures. Also I realized that the fort in which the prince is pretty much the same that was in the WW. I kinda like it in the new form.

The fights are the worst part. Damn 40 skeletons striking at once. WTF.

jojothedragon said:
^IMHO POP WW soundtrack is the best.

For me, SOT captured the true essence of a real Prince and the soundtrack of the game complemented it. Warrior Within was amazing as well and it's soundtrack suited Prince's dark avatar. But I found WW's track mostly repeated, especially playing Godsmack's 'I Stand Alone' each time the Dahaka showed up.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Just thought of posting the awe-f*ckin-some track from SOT. One of the reason why no other POP can title can match the quality of SOT. :)
Stuart Chatwood FTW! :)

The composer is simply brilliant. The original SOT had the Arabian and Indian themes whereas WW completely lost it esp. that Godsmack's I Stand Alone one. :|

Played this game for ~5 hours yesterday until 1 AM. :p

Combat system is absolute BS! Don't know what Ubi was thinking. Even the last game had a pathetic combat system and Elika would rescue the prince each time, he falls in a pit lol. There are no combos - can hardly imagine a game which had an awesome freeform fighting system in the last 2 titles having a ridiculous one in the ones that came later. :|

Someone here mentioned the prince looks like a hanuman - actually he does look like one! Character design is also flawed to a great extent. I mean compare the prince in WW with the one in TFS. Agreed, the latter is an in-game screenshot but the prince in WW certainly looked dark and gruesome.

That said, the level design and platforming is good though. I spent a considerable amount of time figuring out the gearing mechanism to close the door. :ashamed:

In-game music is also okay'ish IMO. Nothing compared to what was in SOT. I mean the Arabic and Indian themes with tablas and such instruments - nothing of that sort here. I wish Stuart Chatwood could have done the music with this one as well. :(

Reached the observatory. :)

Back