Prince Of Persia Discussion Thread

^Buddy the game won't spoil the series because it takes place between SOT and WW. Ignoring it is totally an option, if i'm right.

wat do u mean by spoil da series!^^

ppl wont buy old pop games nyway!

n de r in market for business nly rite?personally I wont mind having more a couple of pop games!

SMS shortcuts are not allowed, read the rules kindly.

yeah pinaki, get a keyboard dude....

And, I think what he mean is that the sales of POP 1,2,3 are now almost non-existent. Its the new POP game that ubisoft is hoping to earn money from. I have yet to get the game, probably buy it next month, but so far I have only gotten mixed reviews. some say its good, some say its story is ok, but the combat is bad (like it was for POP 2008, the suckiest POP eva...). I just hope that the game dont let the other POP games down, like the last POP did....... Anyways, everybody agrees that the platforming is good, right?

oops sorry for the sms thingy! I am kinda lazy :p

I really don't want the POP series go die...I remember the last scene of 2 thrones...prince was running through the jungle...frankly speaking I thought the next pop game would start from there itself...

anyway, they can start a whole new story by introducing the son of the prince of something like that...that way it will become more interesting...and talking about the current game,I am not getting a good feedback about its graphics and gameplay :(

Pinaki said:
oops sorry for the sms thingy! I am kinda lazy :p
I really don't want the POP series go die...I remember the last scene of 2 thrones...prince was running through the jungle...frankly speaking I thought the next pop game would start from there itself...

Lol no offence again dude that last scene was a style to end the story.if you have played the sands of time then you must remember that this last scene of t2t occurs there two times first if i remember correctly at the beginning. where the prince says "Most people think Time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction but I have seen the face of time and can tell you they are wrong. Time is like......"

To be precise in the end the prince starts to narrate the whole story of sands of time to farah.
hence that cutscene at the end.
and in the sands of time also if you remember the prince narrates the story.
Pinaki said:
anyway, they can start a whole new story by introducing the son of the prince of something like that...that way it will become more interesting...and talking about the current game,I am not getting a good feedback about its graphics and gameplay :(
Yeah i understood what you want to say.
Actually to tell you the truth i also liked the series, and also though of many possible solutions which ubisoft might try such as continuing the story with title "The king of persia". But later i thought in this way it will be nothing but stretching the story unnecessarily.which might spoil the series completely.

therefore it would have been better if they had left the series with t2t only.
if you look back then what happened to pop2008 it has a completely new story.it also got mixed reviews many pop fans didnt liked it at all.

Vasishta.Sushant said:
Tell me guys, if its available on PC *in fully working* condition. I want to get hold of this one.

already out (clonedvd) but you need to wait for the ahem thing. I already have it and dying to play. Keeping my fingers crossed for Razor,skidrow...

I'm almost half way through the game and I have mixed feelings about it. I absolutely love the platforming in this game, it sticks to the SOT roots on this one. The combat is an absolute joke with no variation whatsoever. Warrior Within had the best combat system amongst the whole series. Hate the new Prince look. It seems like they tried to mesh SOT attitude with WW wardrobe and the result is bad. He looks hideous and the emotion in the dialogue is completely lacking. He still keeps talking to himself pretty often, like he did in SOT, but where is the Sarcasm, the wit, the humour? Lack of a consistent female character also dulls down the storyline.

Although I find this is a much better attempt at making a POP game, as opposed to the last POP title (2008), which was a disaster. Boss fights are complete disappointment. You can defeat them in a matter of minutes and there is no challenge whatsoever. Puzzles are pretty good and engaging. A new addition to the series is the Elemental ability system. You can obtain these elemental powers to help Prince in the combat and upgraded their levels as you keep gaining experience points. The performance is really bouncy on my rig @1080p with V-Sync ON and 4X AA. I think the Anvil engine just hates my rig for some reason and is not very stable while rendering water and explosion effects. Apart from that, not many technical issues were experienced. Overall, it's a pretty good title.

quan chi said:
^^no offence but first of all you tell me what do you mean by "ppl wont buy the old pop game"

A true fan will surely do that.i am not a fan but still i have bought and i know few who also have bought it.

Alright, you bought it and played it. Now would you buy a second copy of the game since Ubisoft wants to make more money? Obviously you won't. Hence the need to make a new game that people will buy.

quan chi said:
Business can be done in other ways also.Eg:- assassins creed 2.instead of touching the pop series.they should pay more attention to assassins creed series now.
Yes business can be done from Assassins creed franchise. But they want even more business by adding more titles to the POP franchise. Makes absolute business sense doesn't it?

No offense to you, but saying that Ubisoft should stop with the money earning POP franchise is kind of silly. Its just like EA adding more titles to the NFS franchise. If they think they can sell another game in the series, they probably will.

Completed the game. Pretty good, but very short. A noteworthy addition to the franchise, but nothing compared to the original Trilogy.

Finished POP The Forgotten Sands. The game was awesome just the combat was stupid. The traps were amazing, truly decent and well thought out, the best thing about the game.

Finished it. Platforming was the best of all POP titles and it grows on you. Ability to freeze water, reverse time, dash, age were golden in that context but the elemental power attacks and the story were a disaster. It was an absolute shame to the original combo combat style of the pop series. What they should have done is combine the platforming elemental abilities to the previous combo combat system, that would have been a gem.

8/10

The ending was basically, well....nothing. Even the fighting system was just a button masher. The traps were good, and the story was decent. I would rate it 6.5/10.

The prince reminds me of
41_0_Leonardo_DiCaprio_s_grandma_devasta_H123008_L.jpg

Back