Prince Of Persia Discussion Thread

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Prince of Persia:The Forgotten Sands is an upcoming multi-platform videogame developed by Ubisoft & is due for release on May 18, 2010, in North America and May 20 in Europe. The game is a latest installment in the Prince of Persia series, and will mark a return to the storyline started by Prince of Persia:The Sands of Time.

Plot: POP:TFS will return to the storyline established by the critically acclaimed Prince of Persia:The Sands of Time in 2003 and previously concluded by Prince of Persia:The Two Thrones in 2005. On December 14, 2009, Ubisoft UK released the first details of the story.

The Prince is back and he is visiting his brother’s kingdom following his adventure in Azad, the Prince finds the royal palace under siege from a mighty army bent on its destruction. When the decision is made to use the ancient power of the Sand in a desperate gamble to save the kingdom from total annihilation, the Prince will embark on an epic adventure in which he will learn to bear the mantle of true leadership, and discover that great power often comes with great responsibility.
The game is an interquel, taking place in the seven year gap between The Sands of Time and Warrior Within. The Prince character is supposed to be a cross between the character models in these two games.

[youtube]dJ8hccoZ6hQ[/youtube]

[youtube]JlowGUFT1pk[/youtube]

Check out some more videos on youtube.. Desperately awaiting for the game.. :p

I miss the old gory prince in Warrior Within and the dark themes and the Dahaka and the hard rock soundtracks. :(

Damn, the Dahaka used to leave me with shivers running down my spine. :fear:

I've been a hardcore fan of Prince Of Perisa.. :p Completed POP: SOT, POP: WW, POP: T2T.. :D and POP:4 :ashamed:

The soundtrack of Warrior Within just blew away my mind.. :D Hope, this game will rock unlike the last game in this series and will have awesome game action and gameplay..

The prince in this game looks really retarded. Dont know why they couldnt make a decent model.

I actually liked the 2008 game with Elika. It still is probably the most beautiful game I have played.

My favorite obviously is Sands of Time. That was an absolute classic. Not sure why, but I hated the 2nd game (Warrior Within, i think). I quit that after about 45mins.

I LOVED warrior within. All the tracks in the game were heavy metal and there were 2 songs by Godsmack (I stand alone and realign). The dark tone and the dahaka blew my mind. Best game in the series, which had its flaws (like repetitive gameplay, especially the bosses, and backtracking), but what game does not have those. All in all, it was a joyful ride coupled with awesome story and a million combos (which are rarely found in a PC game, BTW).

I hated the latest POP (cell shaded crap), with no combat what so ever!!!!! Even the platforming was not up to my taste. I just hope, they never ever make a game like that.

pretttt said:
I actually liked the 2008 game with Elika. It still is probably the most beautiful game I have played.

o_O So basically you liked ubisoft people making Prince a coward and dependable? In fact PoP 2008 was the first episode where he lost his leadership and danced around a girl throughout the game.. :|

BTW, what are the system requirements of PoP:TFS..? Too lazy to search.. :p

I love the warrior within ... the free form fighting style ... no other game i have been able to find it ... been hoping they made another POP and here it is .... cant wait .... 2nd must buy in 2010 for me ( no 1. diablo 3 >:) )

XTechManiac said:
So basically you liked ubisoft people making Prince a coward and dependable?

Hmm.. i dont know where you got this, but where in POP'08 did the Prince come across to you as a coward?? Have you even played the game?

Anyways, this thread isnt about that game, so guess we better quit discussing about that game here. I liked that game, you did not like it.

BTW, is the new PoP announced for PC? Last I read it was only for the consoles.

pretttt said:
BTW, is the new PoP announced for PC? Last I read it was only for the consoles.
Ubisoft has announced it as a multi-platform title, but as usual, has delayed the PC release. So it's been pushed to 8th June on PC as opposed to 18th May on consoles. I'll sit this one out for the PC.

I really hope there's some element of the Arabic themes in this game. The last one had nil. Flashy outdoors. Elika rescuing the prince whenever he jumps down a pit. Repetitive gameplay needless to mention. I really really hope this one isn't like that. :|

Ethan_Hunt said:
I'll sit this one out for the PC.

Thanks in advance! :happy:

Ethan_Hunt said:
Ubisoft has announced it as a multi-platform title, but as usual, has delayed the PC release. So it's been pushed to 8th June on PC as opposed to 18th May on consoles. I'll sit this one out for the PC.
So, POP:TFS released on console or is yet to release? Anyone tried the game? Hows it?

just saw the review of this game on youtube from IGN...not-so-good...seems earlier games in this franchise were better..

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands Review

Hmm Prince looks ugly tbh.. He must had got punched in his face because his face is messed up! :lol: Though, gameplay is pure awesomeness! Didn't liked some power though.. :ashamed: Liked the new acrobatic skills.. *Finger Crossed*

I'm waiting for the PC version. It was supposed to be released on 8th June. I dont see it anywhere yet. Anyone got their hands on the PC game?

Back